Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 26 May 2013 (Sunday) 16:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A Day In Yellowstone

fishhawk
660 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 26, 2013 16:54 |  #1

Had a great day in the park yesterday we seen 11 different bears. Blacks and Griizz. Also the two moose, lotta elk and the usual wildlife. C&C welcome. Shot over 1200 pictures during the day.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
D.C.
Goldmember
1,152 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 26, 2013 23:07 |  #2

Nice The first one is great. I will be there in 11 days. Can't wait. Sounds like this year is great for wildlife.

Duane
7D, 430EX,10-22, 100 Macro, 100-400, 24-105, 500 F/4 IS

My Gallery (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,601 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

May 27, 2013 00:01 |  #3

That's an incredible day! I have often spent a week or more in the park, and don't think I've ever seen more than 11 bears in a week-long visit. This time of year rocks, don't it?!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

fishhawk
THREAD ­ STARTER
660 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 27, 2013 05:12 |  #4

Thanks D.C., yes Tom I have been going to Yellowstone for 35 years quite regularly every year, and this was by far the best day of wildlife activity I have ever experienced up their. In fact its Monday morning 4:10 a.m. and heading out the door to go again today.

boufa
494 posts
Joined Dec 2005

May 27, 2013 22:46 |  #5

D.C. wrote in post #15970833 (external link)
Nice The first one is great. I will be there in 11 days. Can't wait. Sounds like this year is great for wildlife.

Best post ever! (If your right about the wildlife!) Leaving in 16 days (plus a 3 day drive to get there). Save some of the wildlife for me! :D

Canon EOS 7D & 40D | Σ 10-20mm Wigma | Σ 150-600mm | Σ 18-250mm Macro | Canon 18-135 STM | Canon 55-250 STM
Gallery/Website/Blog - TowPathPhoto (external link)
Social Media - - - on Flickr (external link) . . . on Twitter (external link)
Creator of @OhioBirdAlert (external link) on Twitter

lonerider519
559 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Feb 2013

May 28, 2013 16:35 |  #6

Nice shots it looks like you were right there beside the bear

Canon 7D Mark2 gripped,Canon 6D gripped, Canon 60d gripped,EF 70/200 F2.8 L IS 11 USM EF-100-400 F4-5.6L IS II EF 50 f1.8 ,EF 100 2.8 usm ,EFS18-135, EF 24-105 F4 L usm ,Tamron 70-300 SP 4_5.6 Sigma 150-500 , Manfrotto 190x prob with a Jobu jr.3 , Manfrotto 681b monopod. flickr (external link)

fishhawk
THREAD ­ STARTER
660 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 30, 2013 06:05 |  #7

This grizz actually was in between the lake and the road, so yes we were close to him. boufa you just never know up their, from day to day it all can change, good luck on you're trip and thanks for the reply

mtgriz
111 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 31, 2013 15:33 |  #8

Fishhawk, I think I have a shot of that same bear (the top one). Was that Sunday night at Fishing Bridge? You were a bit closer though.
That was the best two day period of wildlife viewing I've ever experienced at Yelowstone. Bears everywhere! We watched one sow play with a stick in a meadow from about 90 yards for over 40 minutes. The next day we watched two Grizzlies MATING for over a half hour but it was a half mile away. Even the bison were full of themselves - one huge bull wanted to take on our motorhome.
I have another shot of a Grizzly standing up on the beach with Yellowstone lake behind him.
We are lucky to live so close that we can go almost anytime we want.

Canon 7D, Canon T1i, Canon 18-135 IS, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS USM,

fishhawk
THREAD ­ STARTER
660 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 01, 2013 05:26 |  #9

mtgriz, my grizz pic is the one that was between the lake and the road, we must have been their at the same time. Yes I agree Yellowstone is very exciting, I go up their all the time.

sponsored links

1,352 views & 0 likes for this thread
A Day In Yellowstone
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.