Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 26 May 2013 (Sunday) 20:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BuyDig deal on Canon 50mm f/1.4

Fred ­ G. ­ Unn
39 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 26, 2013 20:46 |  #1

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but BuyDig has the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 Lens + Zeikos 58mm UV Filter for $355 - $67 off promotion code ZEUV58 = $288 with free shipping. Must add both items to cart for discount. I haven't seen that lens cheaper than that!

sponsored links
Fred ­ G. ­ Unn
THREAD ­ STARTER
39 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 26, 2013 20:58 |  #2

Mods feel free to move this to Market Watch if that's where it belongs.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,731 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

May 26, 2013 21:35 |  #3

Zeikos...wanna filter that is not necessarily worth what you paid for it?!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Fred ­ G. ­ Unn
THREAD ­ STARTER
39 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 26, 2013 22:42 |  #4

Not really, but I could take the $67 I saved, spend $31 over at Amazon for a B+W and still be $36 ahead of what I would have paid for the lens alone on Amazon.

seanlancaster
198 posts
Joined May 2013

May 26, 2013 23:23 |  #5

I bought it and I have the 50/1.2L. The 50/1.4 is cheap enough that I won't even use a filter. But if my testing has the 50/1.2L beat the 50/1.4 too much then I'll turn around sell the 50/1.4. If the 50/1.4 competes well enough for my shooting then I'll sell the barely used 50/1.2L and put the money towards another good lens (e.g., 100/2.8L macro, perhaps).

I am Sean Lancaster on Flickr (external link)
Sony A7, Contax G 90/2.8, Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.2 II, & FE Zeiss 55/1.8 (<-most used)
Sony NEX 5N and many lenses including many Canon FD

Wilt
41,731 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 27, 2013 09:02 |  #6

I just checked buydig.com and B&H, to get current pricing (May 27)...

• The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can be ordered (alone) thru other discount retailers at $349...B&H sells at that price for example.
  • The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can also be ordered (alone) thru buydig.com at $349.
  • The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can also be ordered in a bundle thru buydig.com at $349, (including gadget bag, memory card reader, Zeikos filter, etc) at $349.

The Zeikos filter can also be purchased separately for $6 thru buydig.com

In short, you can buy the lens alone, or bundled with a kit, thru buydig.com at the same price, and equal to the price at other retailers. Get the kit and decide if any bits have value to you, but use the Zeikos as a drink coaster...its usual retail price thru buydig.com gives you an indication of its worth.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Fred ­ G. ­ Unn
THREAD ­ STARTER
39 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 27, 2013 11:00 |  #7

Wilt wrote in post #15971712 (external link)
The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can also be ordered in a bundle thru buydig.com at $349, (including gadget bag, memory card reader, Zeikos filter, etc) at $349.
Get the kit and decide if any bits have value to you, but use the Zeikos as a drink coaster...its usual retail price thru buydig.com gives you an indication of its worth.

I ordered the lens with the code from BuyDig for $288. I ordered a B+W UV filter from Amazon for $31. The Zeikos is of no use to me but it was necessary to add the crummy $6 filter to the cart in order to save $67. Drink coaster sounds like a good use :)

m3incorp
989 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 28, 2013 00:17 |  #8

Wilt wrote in post #15971712 (external link)
I just checked buydig.com and B&H, to get current pricing (May 27)...
  • The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can be ordered (alone) thru other discount retailers at $349...B&H sells at that price for example.
  • The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can also be ordered (alone) thru buydig.com at $349.
  • The Canon 50mm f/1.4 can also be ordered in a bundle thru buydig.com at $349, (including gadget bag, memory card reader, Zeikos filter, etc) at $349.

The Zeikos filter can also be purchased separately for $6 thru buydig.com

In short, you can buy the lens alone, or bundled with a kit, thru buydig.com at the same price, and equal to the price at other retailers. Get the kit and decide if any bits have value to you, but use the Zeikos as a drink coaster...its usual retail price thru buydig.com gives you an indication of its worth.

If you follow the steps listed above, that crummy drink coaster saves you $67, thus making the price $288. for the lens.

7D, 10D, Canon EFS 18-55mm modded
Canon EF 50mm, Canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII VC
Canon EF 70-300mm, 70-200 F4 L
, Canon 430ex ii Speedlite.

Wilt
41,731 posts
Joined Aug 2005

May 28, 2013 16:34 |  #9

m3incorp wrote in post #15974286 (external link)
If you follow the steps listed above, that crummy drink coaster saves you $67, thus making the price $288. for the lens.

It was not obvious that there was a combo promo under way, when I visited their web site for a few minutes, in order to investigate for this thread. I only saw the lens+kit for same price as lens. Where did they hide that $288 deal?

Fred ­ G. ­ Unn
THREAD ­ STARTER
39 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 28, 2013 19:14 |  #10

Wilt wrote in post #15976752 (external link)
Where did they hide that $288 deal?

You have to add both items to your cart (lens & drink coaster) and then enter promo code ZEUV58 at checkout.

sponsored links

1,612 views & 0 likes for this thread
BuyDig deal on Canon 50mm f/1.4
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.