Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Feb 2012 (Tuesday) 20:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FINALLY! A simple shutter count program for (many) EOS cameras

mclaren777
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined May 2012

Jun 02, 2013 15:28 |  #601

Still no support for the 6D. :(

A simple comparison of sensor technology: Nikon vs. Canon (external link)
A technical comparison of sensor technology: Exposure Latitude (external link)

sponsored links
Luvntravln
328 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 02, 2013 15:48 as a reply to  @ mclaren777's post |  #602

Worked for me on my MAC; downloaded through Chrome.

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Mornnb
Goldmember
1,646 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Jun 03, 2013 03:47 |  #603

mclaren777 wrote in post #15992277 (external link)
Still no support for the 6D. :(

Or 7D.

Canon 5D Mark III - Leica M240
EF 16-35mm F/4 IS L - EF 14mm f/2.8 L II - - EF 17mm TS-E L - EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II - EF 70-200mm IS II f/2.8 L - Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX
Voigtlander 15mm III - 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH - 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M FLE - 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
500px (external link)

blackjack999
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 03, 2013 07:33 |  #604

Mornnb wrote in post #15994052 (external link)
Or 7D.

It works just fine with my 7D using both versions (Mac and PC).

X-Pro2 + 23mmF1.4
Flickr (external link)

WaltA
Goldmember
3,862 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Jun 03, 2013 10:24 |  #605

ben805 wrote in post #15984895 (external link)
same here, that website is infested with spyware and spamware, AVOID AT ALL COST! this thread need to be lock.

No problem for me. You should be careful making these claims. The site has worked fine for many people. And the author is watching this thread for any reports of problems.

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

ElectronGuru
427 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 03, 2013 12:03 |  #606

Worked for 7D last month, havnt tried the 6D yet.

"Light is the paint, lenses are brush, sensors are the canvas"
6D | 100L Macro | 50L | 24L TSE
Builder of custom flashlights, OVEREADY.com (external link)

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 03, 2013 13:25 |  #607

I had the PC version and now am on a MAC. Looks like I will have to pay full price for the mac version. Oh well, I don't plan on selling my camera for a while so no biggie.

My FLickrPage (external link)

ben805
Goldmember
1,197 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 03, 2013 14:33 |  #608

WaltA wrote in post #15994785 (external link)
No problem for me. You should be careful making these claims. The site has worked fine for many people. And the author is watching this thread for any reports of problems.

I followed the instruction from that website and click on the "Download" link to install it locally (the link as shown by the OP's pic few posts back) and that's when i get a bunch of popups asking me to install yahoo toolbars, gaming clients and other craps, despite the fact that i've unchecked those junk they were pushed down anyway when i checked in the Programs and Features to see what the hell were installed by this website. All the craps that showed up in Program Installed list were dated and time stamped at the time when I click on that download link. The Author need to clean up those advertisement and spyware/spamware from his site, you said it worked fine for many people probably because they were using the web gui version instead of downloading the local install, or they are not even aware that those junks being installed.

Its an ignorant claim that if it works for you and 'many' other people then it must be working for EVERYONE, this is the exact same kind of mentality i see regarding the sigma 35 prime lens, yea it focus accurately FOR ME and 'many' other, therefore the sigma 35 is perfect and problem-free, anyone who claim otherwise and said it can't focus must be either clueless or making it up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5D Mark III, Samyang 14mm, 35LII, 85L II, 100L IS Macro, 24-105L, 70-200L 2.8 IS II. 580EX, AB400, AB800.

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 03, 2013 14:36 |  #609

I just heard back and the program will work after switching platforms. I guess I only paid for a limited amount of readings instead of the unlimited. My bad.

My FLickrPage (external link)

msowsun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
9,233 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 03, 2013 14:56 |  #610

ben805 wrote in post #15995628 (external link)
I followed the instruction from that website and click on the "Download" link to install it locally (the link as shown by the OP's pic few posts back) and that's when i get a bunch of popups asking me to install yahoo toolbars, gaming clients and other crap...............

Is this the Download link you see on your screen? It should only install EOSCount Active X control and nothing else.....

IMAGE: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/msowsun/photo%20stuff/Photo13/Clipboard01_zps7fb64138.jpg

Mike Sowsun / S110 / SL1 / 80D / EF-S 24mm STM / EF-S 10-18mm STM / EF-S 18-55mm STM / EF-S 15-85mm USM / EF-S 18-135mm USM / EF-S 55-250mm STM / 5D3 / Samyang 14mm 2.8 / EF 40mm 2.8 STM / EF 50mm 1.8 STM / EF 100mm 2.0 USM / EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro / EF 24-105mm IS / EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS Mk II / EF 1.4x II
Full Current and Previously Owned Gear List over 40 years Flickr Photostream (external link)

WaltA
Goldmember
3,862 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Jun 03, 2013 16:07 |  #611

ben805 wrote in post #15995628 (external link)
Its an ignorant claim that if it works for you and 'many' other people then it must be working for EVERYONE, this is the exact same kind of mentality i see regarding the sigma 35 prime lens, yea it focus accurately FOR ME and 'many' other, therefore the sigma 35 is perfect and problem-free, anyone who claim otherwise and said it can't focus must be either clueless or making it up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ignorant?? Who me?? I never said it worked for EVERYONE. I said lots of people use it.

It helps if you click on the right download button - not the advertising.

Perhaps you might slow down a bit and make sure you are navigating the website properly before calling others (who are having no trouble) ignorant.

If you bother to read back in the thread you'll see the author explains that a lot of the advertising is put on there by his web site host. Out of his control.

It only installs an activex control used by your web browser - not a complete a local program.

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

cwood
363 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 03, 2013 21:30 |  #612

WaltA wrote in post #15995995 (external link)
If you bother to read back in the thread you'll see the author explains that a lot of the advertising is put on there by his web site host. Out of his control.

I've helped run many sites over the years - and I think it is super cheesy to allow that type of advertising on a PAID site. It is not completely out of his control - it is something he chooses to allow on his site. The revenue stream from the ads will be very small except for the people who are fooled into clicking on them (i.e. false download buttons). And if the ad is well designed - it should be easy to fool people so you can't really blame those who are tricked.

1DxII, 5D3, 6D
BLOG (external link)

msowsun
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
9,233 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 03, 2013 21:51 |  #613

This is what I see when I go to EOSCount. I don't see any misleading advertising or misleading download links.

Please post a screen shot if you see something different.

IMAGE: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/msowsun/photo%20stuff/Photo13/Clipboard01b_zps891a6565.jpg

Mike Sowsun / S110 / SL1 / 80D / EF-S 24mm STM / EF-S 10-18mm STM / EF-S 18-55mm STM / EF-S 15-85mm USM / EF-S 18-135mm USM / EF-S 55-250mm STM / 5D3 / Samyang 14mm 2.8 / EF 40mm 2.8 STM / EF 50mm 1.8 STM / EF 100mm 2.0 USM / EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro / EF 24-105mm IS / EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS Mk II / EF 1.4x II
Full Current and Previously Owned Gear List over 40 years Flickr Photostream (external link)

sergeyv
75 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 03, 2013 22:28 |  #614

cwood wrote in post #15996906 (external link)
I've helped run many sites over the years - and I think it is super cheesy to allow that type of advertising on a PAID site. It is not completely out of his control - it is something he chooses to allow on his site. The revenue stream from the ads will be very small except for the people who are fooled into clicking on them (i.e. false download buttons). And if the ad is well designed - it should be easy to fool people so you can't really blame those who are tricked.

I've blocked more than 20 ads, but there is no option in Google to block all ads with certain keywords like "download". Most of the ads are from good and helpful web sites, with only a few that sneaked into Google about malicious programs. Unfortunately, they tend to have the most aggressive design. It's too bad that Google doesn't screen its ad publishers enough (I've sent my complaints).

Ads help lower reading prices. There are people complaining about the paid nature of the site (however small the price is) and wanting more ads!

I actually think that the ultimate responsibility with using any product relies on the user. If a user chooses not to read the instructions, then they should accept responsibility for unintended consequences (you can't save everyone from themselves).

Having said all that, I restricted the ad set even more and blocked another 20+ ads.

sergeyv
75 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 03, 2013 22:40 |  #615

alann wrote in post #15995637 (external link)
I just heard back and the program will work after switching platforms. I guess I only paid for a limited amount of readings instead of the unlimited. My bad.

Hi Alan,
a camera paid for unlimited readings will work with either the Windows or Mac clients, but only if its serial number is unique. Cameras that can't be identified uniquely can only work with the Windows client. For Canon 5D Mark III, the latest firmware (1.2.1) restores the proper serial number. After firmware upgrade, connect once to the Windows client (having logged in) in order for the Mac client to recognize the paid camera with its "new" serial number.

sponsored links

688,087 views & 15 likes for this thread
FINALLY! A simple shutter count program for (many) EOS cameras
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.