Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 02 Jun 2013 (Sunday) 20:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Missed out on an amazing CL deal...

katiedaddy
179 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 02, 2013 20:21 |  #1

Today there was a posting on Craigslist for a film camera package.
Package included EOS elan camera, 28-80mm USM (older, much better version), and..... 80-200/f2.8 L lens, all for ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! Alas, it was already too late when I saw the posting.. I guess whoever got the package must have been a saint in his previous life... Did anyone see a similar ridiculous local deals that you missed out on?

sponsored links
neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 03, 2013 07:40 |  #2

If the price is so ridiculous then it could well be the result of theft.

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

trx125
345 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 04, 2013 22:06 |  #3

I missed a posting for a barely used 70-200 l F-4 IS by about 2 hours for the low, low, price of $425. The guy was in desperate need of money.

7DMK2 I EF 24-105 F4L I CANON 70-200 2.8L IS USM II

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 07, 2013 03:20 |  #4

I missed a 50D for $500 with 18-55, 55-250, grip, two batteries and box with manuals. I saw it then 2nd guessed it and then I logged back onto my PC and it was gone.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

carpenter
Goldmember
2,625 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 08, 2013 00:08 |  #5

Didn't miss it, but 3-4 years ago or so I picked up a 1DsMkII with 16-35 for $400 off Craigslist. A realty company that had used it for photos of houses was selling it. They asked for a cashiers check as payment and I said I would be there right away. I ran immediately to the bank and then to pick the camera up. I think the lady selling it could tell I was pretty excited. After she handed me the box and I gave her the check she asked me what it was worth. I told her about $3500. She just said "ohhhh we're not going to say anything about that.

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

katiedaddy
THREAD ­ STARTER
179 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jul 02, 2013 16:53 |  #6

Dang, happened again..
A guy posted 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II for super low price of $900. Except this time I was the first one to contact him. I contacted him immediately and we agreed to meet an hour later. no word from him until two hours later after I texted him repeatedly. His response, "sold more than asking price". Whatever happened to courtesy these days??? I feel like he at least should have contacted me and asked whether I can either match or beat the offer since he agreed to sell it to me first... an offer which I could have easily matched. I am through with craigslist because of people becoming more and more uncourteous... such waste of time and gosh was I excited during first hour... Glad I didn't put my 70-200 f4 L for sale in anticipation of replacing with its super big brother.

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 02, 2013 17:31 as a reply to  @ katiedaddy's post |  #7

CL scares me a little...I am thinking if I do anything on there I will activate a square reader and sign up for that.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

carpenter
Goldmember
2,625 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 02, 2013 21:16 |  #8

katiedaddy wrote in post #16085335 (external link)
Dang, happened again..
A guy posted 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II for super low price of $900. Except this time I was the first one to contact him. I contacted him immediately and we agreed to meet an hour later. no word from him until two hours later after I texted him repeatedly. His response, "sold more than asking price". Whatever happened to courtesy these days??? I feel like he at least should have contacted me and asked whether I can either match or beat the offer since he agreed to sell it to me first... an offer which I could have easily matched. I am through with craigslist because of people becoming more and more uncourteous... such waste of time and gosh was I excited during first hour... Glad I didn't put my 70-200 f4 L for sale in anticipation of replacing with its super big brother.

Heck I had a guy do that to me right here on POTN. He posted to the classifieds, I responded and told him I would take it if it was still available. I came back on to POTN 35 minutes later and seen he had sent a message saying it was still available. I PM'd him for his paypal and he'd already sold it to another member. Wasn't the end of the world as it wasn't a great deal or anything, just a lens I wanted.

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

sponsored links

1,106 views & 0 likes for this thread
Missed out on an amazing CL deal...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.