Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 25 May 2013 (Saturday) 13:23
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Will or won't you subscribe to Photoshop in the future"
Yes, I'll subscribe
10.4%
No, I won't subscribe
76.2%
I'm not sure
11.1%
I don't use Photoshop
2.3%

386 voters, 386 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Will you buy Photoshop CC via subscription?

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,594 posts
Gallery: 160 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 05, 2013 11:08 |  #46

cntry wrote in post #16002034 (external link)
First off this subscription thing sucks and everyone should boycott Adobe!..

I am thinking maybe try the cloud for a year and see who steps up? (this goes against everything I believe, if everyone tells them to piss off we will go back to the old way :)~)

I'm just very confused here?

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links
BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,096 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 05, 2013 14:03 |  #47

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #16002195 (external link)
I'm just very confused here?

LOL Just saying for $19.95 a month I might try it and see if Corel or anyone is going to step up and give a viable option to photoshop.

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 05, 2013 14:07 |  #48

CS6 will be good for years to come, I use very little of the new doodads they added over the last years anyway and am not in a business where I have to have the shiniest of all for competition (thankfully). Looking at how Nik and OnOne etc have advanced over the last couple years though, I'm sure there will be plenty other options for most photographers.

I'd actually be happy to sub in a year or two if it were a maintenance contract that leaves me with workable software once I decide I don't need more maintenance in the future. But I'd sure like my old software car to still take me to town occasionally. 'till then I'll upgrade LR, but nothing else.

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 05, 2013 15:10 |  #49

Is CS6 still available for purchase (full version)? If so, does anyone know when the drop date will be?

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,840 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 05, 2013 15:53 |  #50

drvnbysound wrote in post #16003038 (external link)
Is CS6 still available for purchase (full version)? If so, does anyone know when the drop date will be?

It is according to this - http://www.adobe.com …re_sl_creatives​uite6.html (external link) I haven't seen anything about how long.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 05, 2013 17:25 |  #51

Only thing that will be annoying staying with CS6 is when you upgrade your camera body I highly doubt Adobe will continue to update the RAW plugin for CS6. So you will be forced to use the camera's bundled software, convert the RAW image and then bring it into CS6. This bugs me because you won't be able to make the RAW adjustments in CS6. I really hope Adobe realizes people aren't happy with idea and abandon it.

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,840 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 05, 2013 18:11 |  #52

wookiee2cu wrote in post #16003426 (external link)
Only thing that will be annoying staying with CS6 is when you upgrade your camera body I highly doubt Adobe will continue to update the RAW plugin for CS6. So you will be forced to use the camera's bundled software, convert the RAW image and then bring it into CS6. This bugs me because you won't be able to make the RAW adjustments in CS6. I really hope Adobe realizes people aren't happy with idea and abandon it.

Adobe has said that the ACR8.x updates will be available for CS6 users. Any new feature will not be available, but new camera models will. Now will they change their mind in the future? Who knows.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,096 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 05, 2013 20:53 |  #53

A petition for adobe:
https://www.change.org …-cloud-subscription-model (external link)

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,182 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jun 05, 2013 21:08 |  #54

No CC for me.

I'll continue to use Lightroom (and upgrade it as I need to) and keep PSCS5 for when I need more "oomph". I've found that I'm using LR a lot more than PS anyways.
If I were a pro shooter using PS and other CS apps all the time, then subscription may be worth it. But as a non-pro, the subscription model doesn't work for me.

GEAR LIST

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 05, 2013 21:20 |  #55

wookiee2cu wrote in post #16003426 (external link)

This is of little to no concern for me... I use Lr to process RAW images.

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 06, 2013 09:16 |  #56

I got it for one year because it was only 9.99 per month. Figured "what the heck" :)

My FLickrPage (external link)

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 06, 2013 12:21 |  #57

alann wrote in post #16005319 (external link)
I got it for one year because it was only 9.99 per month. Figured "what the heck" :)

So, are you planning to continue to pay $19.99/mo next year, when the price goes up?

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 06, 2013 19:13 |  #58

I signed up for the $9.99 a month package. I have one month free and have been starting to look at my needs. I enjoyed Photoshop but, to tell the truth probably do not need it. this thread has got me thinking maybe I should sell my copy of Photoshop cancel my Adobe cloud and use Lightroom. Mmmmmm

vk2gwk
Cream of the Crop
12,636 posts
Gallery: 249 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 06, 2013 19:33 |  #59

I subscribed to the CC package (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and a lot more) and am quite happy with it. Currently I am still using my copy of PS CS6 - I am not sure: is the new version Photoshop CC already available or still to come? In the Application Manager it still shows as PS CS6.
Is anyone already using PS CC with ACR 8 ?

My name is Henk. and I believe "It is all in the eye of the beholder....."
Image Editing is allowed. Please explain what you did!
5D MkIV 5DMkIII, 50D, 24-105/1:4L IS USM + 100-400/4-5.6L IS USM + 50mm 1.4 USM + Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 VC + Sigma 150-600mm Sports + 580EXII + 430EX + YN568EXII, triggers, reflectors, umbrellas and some more bits and pieces...
Photos on: Flickr! (external link) and on my own web site. (external link)

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 06, 2013 22:09 |  #60

I think CC will be released around the 17th of this month.

sponsored links

12,482 views & 0 likes for this thread
Will you buy Photoshop CC via subscription?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.