Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 07 Jun 2013 (Friday) 03:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Diagram/Result Site

Dannybegood
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 03:07 |  #1

I have 2 flashes, PK triggers(but really trying manual) cheap stands,brollies and a softbox.

Yet I cannot find a site anywhere that shows a good example of setups either diagram and shots, all I find via google have a splatter approach.

Anybody have a link to a site that deals solely with the issue at hand, just lighting set ups and very little else.

Yes I know they won't just be 2 light set ups I am more intrested in just a site that deals with this issue. Have tried strobist to "light set-up.com" and am over stimulated.

Danny,
60D,24-105 f4L,70-200 f4L,100 2.8f MACRO, Nifty Fifty, Σ120-400/20-40EX, 430 ex ii
Flikr (external link)

sponsored links
Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,718 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 07, 2013 03:48 |  #2

Dannybegood wrote in post #16007981 (external link)
Anybody have a link to a site that deals solely with the issue at hand, just lighting set ups and very little else.

Yes I have, thanks. :lol:

Serious face now:
http://www.lightingdia​grams.com/strobox (external link)
http://www.lightingdia​gram.com/ (external link) (Scroll down below the diagram bit and there are loads of images with full lighting set-ups under "Featured diagrams")

Enjoy!

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

Dannybegood
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 03:58 |  #3

Thanks, have the Strobox one, problem with it, people put strobes in there yet show a flash and vice versa or shoot through then say reflector.

Just stay online today.....may have a few more questions!!!!!!!

Danny,
60D,24-105 f4L,70-200 f4L,100 2.8f MACRO, Nifty Fifty, Σ120-400/20-40EX, 430 ex ii
Flikr (external link)

Dannybegood
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 04:02 |  #4

They both are much of a muchness, really after the diagram sites without having to see the picture to then get the idea. But I suppose it makes no odds on a back to front method. Just wanted to the diagram first so I could discount strobes and complicated set ups. But if I have to trawl so be it.

Danny,
Flikr (external link)

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,718 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 07, 2013 04:42 |  #5

Dannybegood wrote in post #16008022 (external link)
Thanks, have the Strobox one, problem with it, people put strobes in there yet show a flash and vice versa or shoot through then say reflector.

Just stay online today.....may have a few more questions!!!!!!!

Dannybegood wrote in post #16008024 (external link)
They both are much of a muchness, really after the diagram sites without having to see the picture to then get the idea. But I suppose it makes no odds on a back to front method. Just wanted to the diagram first so I could discount strobes and complicated set ups. But if I have to trawl so be it.

???????????
The source of the electro-magnetic radiation is relatively unimportant. Strobe with shoot-thru brolly = speedlight with shoot-thru brolly plus mains lead at this stage. It's the brolly which is the actual light source as far as the subject is concerned and not the electronics. Yes, there are twiddly bits which are more easily done with strobe than speedlight and vice versa but I think you're looking for stumbling blocks where there aren't any real ones.

"shoot through then say reflector" - huh? If it's a reflector, then it reflects. Otherwise it's a diffuser (just as a shoot-thru brolly is a diffuser).

I can't for the life in me imagine how you could possibly extract any benefit from diagrams without them also showing the effect that the particular lighting arrangement produced. On the Lastolite diagram site, if you mouse over the "Featured Diagrams" each will give you the lighting set-up. Clicking on any one gives you primarily the diagram with the option to subsequently examine in detail the image produced, which features top right of the diagram. What more could you want?

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

Dannybegood
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 05:31 |  #6

Oh sorry you misread I think. I think some are great have filtered on strobox etc, but I am saying sometimes the description fails to match the diagram. As the whole of lighting has it's own picture for each piece of kit.
Some will show a flash but say they used a beauty dish and a strobe, the effects I can handle, I see them fantastic, then look at the diagram, I have none of the kit or sometimes the whys and hows don't match. Just saying it is labour intensive. Just wished there was a flash one only without the trawling that's all. But we can't have everything easy in life. Was just asking if anybody had one as I can't find one and it seems I may be right.

Danny,
Flikr (external link)

windpig
Chopped liver
14,714 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 07, 2013 06:07 |  #7

Are you both speaking the same language?

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,718 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 07, 2013 08:38 |  #8

windpig wrote in post #16008162 (external link)
Are you both speaking the same language?

Hayır, muhtemelen. Ben OP tüm işi yapmak için başka sombody istiyor düşünüyorum. :D :lol: ;)

Dannybegood
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 10:16 |  #9

In fact I don't, I am happy to do all the work myself was just asking. Someone just may have found a site I have not via google. As again I spent all afternoon searching.

Danny,
Flikr (external link)

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 07, 2013 10:32 |  #10

Sounds like an opportunity for you to create a site that has the information that you are looking for ;)

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

Dannybegood
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jun 07, 2013 11:14 |  #11

I have found all I need, it is just a case of sorting the wheat from the chafe. There is tons out there some spot on some mis-leading, can't win them all.

Danny,
Flikr (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
13,916 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 07, 2013 12:31 |  #12

Whortleberry wrote in post #16008015 (external link)
Yes I have, thanks. :lol:

Serious face now:
http://www.lightingdia​grams.com/strobox (external link)
http://www.lightingdia​gram.com/ (external link) (Scroll down below the diagram bit and there are loads of images with full lighting set-ups under "Featured diagrams")

Enjoy!

Great link. Thanks

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links

1,003 views & 0 likes for this thread
Diagram/Result Site
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.