Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Jun 2013 (Thursday) 03:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What is going on here? I'm sure someone can help...

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 07, 2013 21:36 |  #16

The shutter has definitely gone to Canon heaven.
It's dropped a blade and what you are seeing is the blade across the image.
The circles are where the rivets have torn away.
Over the years, I've done three in various bodies.
If you lift up the mirror - you won't do any damage - and you'll see it.
Here's what my 1D MkII looked like

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Edit...
Sorry, missed the post where you had figured it out.
Anyway, someone might find this useful.

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

sponsored links
magoosmc
THREAD ­ STARTER
980 posts
Gallery: 80 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 07, 2013 21:58 |  #17

philwillmedia wrote in post #16010434 (external link)
Edit...
Sorry, missed the post where you had figured it out.
Anyway, someone might find this useful.

Thanks - that puts a face on the problem. That is exactly what hers looked like.

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/22055591@N05/a​lbums (external link)

skycolt
410 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 08, 2013 07:20 |  #18

Tried another lens? I am guessing the aperture ring is out of position

1D IV | converted 1000D | ever changing lenses
Flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jun 08, 2013 08:07 |  #19

magoosmc wrote in post #16005172 (external link)
And you are 100% correct. A crinkled shutter blade

skycolt wrote in post #16011161 (external link)

I think that the OP has already noticed a loose shutter blade.

Mark

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 08, 2013 10:20 |  #20

skycolt wrote in post #16011161 (external link)

He can try as many lenses as he likes, but it isn't going to fix the shutter blade that has torn loose from the rivets.

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

Copper ­ NYC
386 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 08, 2013 12:06 |  #21

write to Helen@adorama.com (external link) explain your situation to her, she has done tremendous things for forum members, she is also a member of potn "HelenOster"

40D Gripped, 50D, T2I Gripped, 5D Mark III Gripped, EF-S 18-55 IS, EF-S 55-250 IS
EF 28 f/2.8 IS, EF 40 2.8 STM, EF 50 f/1.4 USM,
EF 85 f/1.8 USM, EF 100 f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 24-105L f/4.0
EF 28-80 USM, the good one with metal mount and ring USM.
EF 28-80 USM V, EF 28-135 USM IS, EF 100-300 USM, EF 100-400L USM IS.
Rokinon 14 f/2.8

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 08, 2013 17:31 |  #22

Copperny wrote in post #16011672 (external link)
write to elen@adorama.com (external link) explain your situation to her, she has done tremendous things for forum members, she is also a member of potn "HelenOster"

Umm...Why?
It's not Adorama's problem.

Regards, Phil

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,774 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 08, 2013 19:32 |  #23

I'm very sorry to hear of this situation. I had an XTi that I would of donated, but I already gave it away. Maybe you could put your story on the buyers thread or a different thread looking for help. Someone like me, may donate their old camera to the cause? Just a thought.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jun 08, 2013 20:54 |  #24

EastBayGirl wrote in post #16012552 (external link)
I'm very sorry to hear of this situation. I had an XTi that I would of donated, but I already gave it away. Maybe you could put your story on the buyers thread or a different thread looking for help. Someone like me, may donate their old camera to the cause? Just a thought.

^^^^+1 Great idea!...Thanks for suggesting this Stina.:)

Mark

Copper ­ NYC
386 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 08, 2013 21:03 |  #25

philwillmedia wrote in post #16012324 (external link)
Umm...Why?
It's not Adorama's problem.

details are a little fuzzy as this was was a couple of years ago. somehow I remember that a "firefighter/ems worker?" purchased a lens that turned out to be stolen during a commercial burglar and the authorities found out he got it through an internet listing and confiscated it. the members of this or another forum took up a collection for him to replace the lens. someone at adorama, could have been Helen, stepped up to the plate and offered a replacement lens to him at a fantastic price.

I live in nyc I can go to any of the super camera stores in midtown but because of what adorama did I give them most of my business.

i have heard plenty and I mean plenty of sob stories in my career as a nyc police officer, if you gave me a real, really real good sob story 99.9% of the time I let em off with a warning or tried to help em. is this girl really sick I don't know.is its Helens problem or adoramas ? absolutely not. can they work as a team do something? I don't know it never hurts to ask. your feelings might be if the answer is no, but they aren't going to reach through the monitor and drag you into cyber space and beat you up!
a member asked for help and that's what I did I gave a suggestion, adorama is a multi million dollar operation lets just say someone comes in with a nice rebel series camera or even a xxD on trade. they offer it to this sick girl at a great price or even possibly donate it to her, their hometown paper picks up the story and runs it, to me that's a great public relation story and guess what for a inexpensive rebel or an xxd series camera adorama looks like a "superstar" and who knows because of their generosity adorama picks up a few customers who can drop thousands of dollars on equipment because the local folks have no more brick and motor stores in their town that deal with high end electronics

40D Gripped, 50D, T2I Gripped, 5D Mark III Gripped, EF-S 18-55 IS, EF-S 55-250 IS
EF 28 f/2.8 IS, EF 40 2.8 STM, EF 50 f/1.4 USM,
EF 85 f/1.8 USM, EF 100 f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 24-105L f/4.0
EF 28-80 USM, the good one with metal mount and ring USM.
EF 28-80 USM V, EF 28-135 USM IS, EF 100-300 USM, EF 100-400L USM IS.
Rokinon 14 f/2.8

HelenOster
That's me!
4,492 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 10, 2013 08:25 |  #26

Copperny wrote in post #16012703 (external link)
details are a little fuzzy as this was was a couple of years ago. .....

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=839212

HelenOster
That's me!
4,492 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 10, 2013 08:27 |  #27

magoosmc wrote in post #16004703 (external link)
A young friend brought her camera to me (Canon Xsi) and asked if I knew what was going on. She got about 50 shots like this before getting an Error 99. Obviously something is detached. She has some pretty severe medical problems and her camera means the world to her. Any ideas?

No idea at this stage whether we can do anything to help, but please do email me with more info: Helen@adorama.com (external link)

sponsored links

3,079 views & 0 likes for this thread
What is going on here? I'm sure someone can help...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.