Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 09, 2013 18:58 |  #8641

Welcome back Adrian~ hopefully a nice break with good weather. Lovely images of the fledgling Greenfinch and as for the cats were these taken on holiday? Really like the first one of 2(?) of the litter mates feeding and the white one being adventurous with the shrubbery :D

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

sponsored links
Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 09, 2013 19:26 |  #8642

Thanks for the heads up and link but a new one is not that much more and has a full warranty ;)

Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 09, 2013 19:29 |  #8643

Ronin Silv wrote in post #16014197 (external link)
At the risk of boring everyone here's a few more from yesterday, I've tried a few different processing styles as I not sure which works best.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/89989​59234/  (external link)
Kristina (external link) by Ronin247 (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/89977​62067/  (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/89989​66422/  (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/89989​53378/  (external link)

As images & processing all bar the last one are great. It just seems like an experiment whereas the others look "right" :D

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 09, 2013 19:30 |  #8644

ies photos wrote in post #16014843 (external link)
Nice Radders,

Just found this one in the KF lot,

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …esphotography/9​000116097/  (external link)
Kingfisher Bird (external link) by iesphotography (external link), on Flickr

In the main what is not to like, though the head being OOF and not apparently due to head shaking is a letdown for me :(

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 10, 2013 00:26 |  #8645

ies photos wrote in post #16014843 (external link)
Just found this one in the KF lot,

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …esphotography/9​000116097/  (external link)
Kingfisher Bird (external link) by iesphotography (external link), on Flickr

I like this Ian another cracker.

adrian5127 wrote in post #16015001 (external link)
For the feline fans
QUOTED IMAGE

Adrian I like this one it looks like the kitten in background play with the tree thinks he's been caught doing something he shouldn't be.

adrian5127 wrote in post #16014987 (external link)
Like this one Dom, pose and processing

Box Brownie wrote in post #16015139 (external link)
As images & processing all bar the last one are great. It just seems like an experiment whereas the others look "right" :D

Thanks guys all the processing was a bit of an experiment and I didn't want to do them all the same so they didn't all look the same I wanted a bit of variety.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

ies ­ photos
UKSE Photographer of the Year 2013
6,272 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 10, 2013 02:29 |  #8646

adrian5127 wrote in post #16014987 (external link)
Very nice, weird eye though

Box Brownie wrote in post #16015142 (external link)
In the main what is not to like, though the head being OOF and not apparently due to head shaking is a letdown for me :(

Ronin Silv wrote in post #16015778 (external link)
I like this Ian another cracker.

Thanks Adrian and Dom, Adrian its eye has a membrane that covers over when it goes in the water, sorry to for letting you down Lozza I shall retire to the naughty corner.

www.iesphotography.co.​uk (external link)
London Maternity and Newborn Photographer (external link)
500px (external link) Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,186 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 10, 2013 02:47 |  #8647

ies photos wrote in post #16015989 (external link)
Thanks Adrian and Dom, Adrian its eye has a membrane that covers over when it goes in the water, sorry to for letting you down Lozza I shall retire to the naughty corner.

;) :lol: no need for such an extreme measure...............​as this one just goes to show how immensely good many of the others of the KF were that you showed us :D

As for the mictating membrane over the eye, it does look wierd and in the case of birds & reptiles bearing in mind that birds also have scales on their legs how the argument that they have a common ancestor is right. Wracks brains as to which mammals also have the mictating membrane???

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:09 |  #8648

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16006011 (external link)
^ this - he really can't get enough! :)

bridge99 wrote in post #16005864 (external link)
Hi there and welcome, just a heads up Chris (Anke) loves really close ups of spiders, he just cant get enough of them so if you have any macros of those little fellas then please lets see them.... :D

Bastards :D

bridge99 wrote in post #16005869 (external link)
looks more like Leeds castle to me... :D

:D :D

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:10 |  #8649

Oooh Lightroom 5 is out! :)

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:20 |  #8650

Box Brownie wrote in post #16006572 (external link)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:;) Oh dear with the leading the newcomer to 'spider' Chris............... a blast from the past came to mind "You are awefull but I like you" http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=wkLRZzukcJc (external link)

Was it Pick on Chris Day on Friday? :D

Anke

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:25 |  #8651

Oooh it's quick! Had to have the reactions of a ninja to grab this.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Anke

Nanscombe
797 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:26 |  #8652

Box Brownie wrote in post #16016006 (external link)
;) :lol: no need for such an extreme measure...............​as this one just goes to show how immensely good many of the others of the KF were that you showed us :D

As for the mictating membrane over the eye, it does look wierd and in the case of birds & reptiles bearing in mind that birds also have scales on their legs how the argument that they have a common ancestor is right. Wracks brains as to which mammals also have the mictating membrane???

Aparrently cats and dogs for a start.

Nictitating membrane (external link)

The nictitating membrane (from Latin nictare, to blink) is a transparent or translucent third eyelid present in some animals that can be drawn across the eye for protection and to moisten it while maintaining visibility. Some reptiles, birds, and sharks have full nictitating membranes; in many mammals, a small, vestigial portion of the membrane remains in the corner of the eye. Some mammals, such as camels, polar bears, seals and aardvarks, have full nictitating membranes.
The nictitating membrane in cats and dogs does not have many muscle fibers, so consequently is not usually visible, and its being chronically visible should be taken as a sign of poor condition or ill health. It can, however, be seen clearly when gently opening the eye of the healthy animal when it is asleep, or pushing down/applying pressure on the eyeball will cause it to appear. In some breeds of dogs, the nictitating membrane can be prone to prolapse, resulting in a condition called cherry eye.

Nigel

enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 10, 2013 04:28 |  #8653

Anke wrote in post #16016069 (external link)
Oooh Lightroom 5 is out! :)

Still running v2 here so might finally be time for an upgrade!

Investigating slide/negative scanners at the moment. Any recommendations out there?

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 10, 2013 04:31 |  #8654

enigma2099 wrote in post #16016093 (external link)
Still running v2 here so might finally be time for an upgrade!

Investigating slide/negative scanners at the moment. Any recommendations out there?

Wowsers, you are seriously missing out on some significant upgrades. Get it asap!

Anke

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 10, 2013 05:16 as a reply to  @ Anke's post |  #8655

Morning folks!

Anke wrote in post #16016068 (external link)
Bastards :D

potty mouth.

Anke wrote in post #16016079 (external link)
Was it Pick on Chris Day on Friday? :D

clearly - have arachnids, will terrorise!

enigma2099 wrote in post #16016093 (external link)

I seem to recall Dom (Ronin) ordered a new scanner for his film stuff - if I recall he got a good price on a decent piece of kit - worth a trawl back a handful of pages

Anyone taking pics this week?

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

sponsored links

859,265 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.