Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 12, 2013 15:26 |  #8716

A bit of grey Skye...

https://skydrive.live.​com …&authkey=!AOLok​aAz68B2bXI (external link)

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

sponsored links
ies ­ photos
UKSE Photographer of the Year 2013
6,272 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 12, 2013 16:04 |  #8717

IMAGE: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/12/article-2340128-1A46D5C9000005DC-587_634x492.jpg

http://www.dailymail.c​o.uk …-nuptials-beach-bash.html (external link)

is that Neal under there? ;)

www.iesphotography.co.​uk (external link)
London Maternity and Newborn Photographer (external link)
500px (external link) Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 12, 2013 16:42 |  #8718

Skye is beautiful and has some very moody weather which sometimes makes for great photos.

Eilean Donan is a very pretty setting on a clear day. As you follow the road down and come to a large curve in the road, we stayed at the BB which is on the edge of Loch Duich - Glomach House. There are the ruins of a small chapel very close to it there. You can also see Otters along the edge of the loch there if you are very lucky (early morning or early evening is a good time to see them).

Oooh, your trip is bringing back wonderful memories for me.

Linda

http://lindabuckell.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dragonwings55/ (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II and Canon 7D |40D |G12 | 350d (300D long gone)
400 F5.6L|70-200 F4L IS|24-105 F4L[COLOR=black] IS|18-55
Macro: 100mm F2.8L IS|100mm| F2.8 |60mm F2.8.

crunchie
116 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 12, 2013 16:57 as a reply to  @ LindaB's post |  #8719

Some photos from my weekend in south of France. We based ourselves in Nice and rented a car. Seems like we were lucky to get back, what with all the air traffic controller strikes in France!

#1. Nice

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

#2. Antibes harbour
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

#3. Èze village botanical gardens - with my new 17-40mm L - I'm very happy with this lens, it vastly exceeds my old 40D+EF-S 10-22mm combination!
IMAGE NOT FOUND

6D, 40D, EOS M, and various lenses

chrissjohn
36 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jun 12, 2013 17:58 as a reply to  @ crunchie's post |  #8720

That harbour shot is beautiful and emotive :)

Canon 1Ds Mk III + 28-70 f/2.8L & 70-200 f/2.8L
http://www.500px.com/c​hrissjohn (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 13, 2013 05:35 as a reply to  @ post 16024682 |  #8721

crunchie wrote in post #16025167 (external link)
Some photos from my weekend in south of France. We based ourselves in Nice and rented a car. Seems like we were lucky to get back, what with all the air traffic controller strikes in France!

#2. Antibes harbour
IMAGE NOT FOUND

#3. Èze village botanical gardens - with my new 17-40mm L - I'm very happy with this lens, it vastly exceeds my old 40D+EF-S 10-22mm combination!
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Like these two especially the cactus's

I think so, love to know how much they aid for their wedding photographers and videogaphers. Couldn't even afford shoes:D:D

Ronin Silv wrote in post #16024435 (external link)
For those in the locality and have an interest the Western Heights Preservation Society have an open day on saturday and sunday in Dover with access to the Drop Redoubt, the Grand Shaft and displays etc. Website HERE (external link)

That looks interesting will see if I can get there

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 13, 2013 05:57 |  #8722

Lovely shot Pete, hope you are not getting too wet!!

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

Swaffs
Goldmember
4,500 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 13, 2013 12:55 as a reply to  @ adrian5127's post |  #8723

Hi guys, far too often awy from here nowadays, more gret KF shots showing.. so jealous!

I've been busy with a couple of weddings a month, so not really done anything socially, apart from this reshoot of my niece, one year after we took her photo at 1 day old!

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net …322632323_54751​7072_o.jpg
Click here to see our image rules.

Oh and I had the pleasure of my motherboard dyeing a few days after a wedding!
Thankfully no data loss, and I now have a new home built i54670k (Haswell) system, and installed my OS (Windows 8) on the SSD thats been sitting around for months..

Everything is running super fast now including;

Anke wrote in post #16016088 (external link)
Oooh it's quick! Had to have the reactions of a ninja to grab this.

IMAGE: http://terrywhite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Lr5_splash.jpg
I've just installed it on the new PC.. wow if flies... not done any PP in anger yet, but it won't be long

(there went my budget for a 600 flash :()

Anyway can't wait for the Bird of Prey shoot in a few weeks, but considering something in a week or so

###############

22/23 June is the presents the moon’s closest encounter with Earth (Perigee) until August 10, 2014 , and it co-insides with a full moon .

Whilst these Supermoons mean the moon is considerably closer to the earth, it often doesn't really mean much in terms of relative size in a photograph. But if it's an excuse to get of my butt and photograph something then all for the better.

There are 4-6 supermoons a year on average.

So I propose an evening meet on Saturday 22nd to photograph Canary Wharf with the moon passing through.

I have investigated the positioning and time of the moon on that night, and it will rise at 21:21.
IMAGE: http://www.swaffsphotography.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/22JuneSunsetLondon.jpg

It's not the optimum angle, but should have some potential.

I have taken photos from that location (well a little bit south of that spot) with reasonable success.

IMAGE: http://www.swaffsphotography.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RS11-CanaryWharf-night-250611-38131.jpg

Anyone fancy it???????

crunchie wrote in post #16005579 (external link)
Hello all - just found this thread/group and thought I'd jump in and say hi. I'm based in London (Wimbledon actually). Somehow I've managed to miss POTN's existence until recently...

This is quite a lengthy thread but the most recent pics are gorgeous! I'd better start adding some soon, else I'm going to feel guilty for taking (looking) and not giving.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you all in here, and perhaps one day at some event :smile:

~Pieter

Hi Pieter, I'm just down the road in Morden. Welcome.

Rich Swaffs, Sports & Event photographer.
WWW.SWAFFSPHOTOGRAPHY.​CO.UK (external link)
1DMKIII x 2 | 5DMKII | WFT-E2 | SIGMA 10-20 | SIGMA 24-70 f/2.8 | CANON 24-105 f/4 L IS | CANON 85 f/1.2 L II | CANON 100 f/2.8 Macro | CANON 70-200 f/2.8 L IS | CANON 400 f/2.8 L | 580 EX | 1.4 & 2.0 Extenders| Tubes| Strobes| Bags | PW Flex TT1/TT5/Plus II's

crunchie
116 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 13, 2013 13:18 |  #8724

Swaffs wrote in post #16027814 (external link)
Anyone fancy it???????

Yeah, why not - any excuse to get out and take photos! :) Let me know if you end up going and I'll try make it. Coincidentally, I used to live just down the road from the spot you're suggesting, yet somehow never thought of photographing Canary Wharf...

6D, 40D, EOS M, and various lenses

Swaffs
Goldmember
4,500 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 13, 2013 13:25 |  #8725

It seems In my speed flicking through a weeks post's I missed this event;

http://www.eventzilla.​net/web/event?eventid=​2138984653 (external link)
Event Description
Welcome to the first-ever Advanced Photographer 24 hour photography shoot. This is a free, informal event and what you shoot is up to you but London has so much potential that you won’t run out of subjects to point your lens at.
The aim is to meet up at 5.30pm onwards at the Kingsway Hall Hotel (Shelley, Dryden and Byron Suite), 66 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London WC2B 5BX. There will be an official briefing at 6pm, and representatives from the magazine will be on hand until 8pm to take registration forms, hand out lanyards and provide details of our contests.

I'm considering joining both things into one long night... maybe... We've done these before and it's a hard slog... Remember the 28 days later meets!!!!

Rich Swaffs, Sports & Event photographer.
WWW.SWAFFSPHOTOGRAPHY.​CO.UK (external link)
1DMKIII x 2 | 5DMKII | WFT-E2 | SIGMA 10-20 | SIGMA 24-70 f/2.8 | CANON 24-105 f/4 L IS | CANON 85 f/1.2 L II | CANON 100 f/2.8 Macro | CANON 70-200 f/2.8 L IS | CANON 400 f/2.8 L | 580 EX | 1.4 & 2.0 Extenders| Tubes| Strobes| Bags | PW Flex TT1/TT5/Plus II's

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 13, 2013 13:57 |  #8726

adrian5127 wrote in post #16026649 (external link)
That looks interesting will see if I can get there

I may see you down there then I expect I'll be over there in the afternoon on saturday.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 13, 2013 14:17 |  #8727

For Linda.. :D

https://skydrive.live.​com …&authkey=!AHlI8​s7_nr7qSn4 (external link)

https://skydrive.live.​com …&authkey=!AIqg5​-Kem_b1bt4 (external link)

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 13, 2013 16:32 |  #8728

Oh thank you so much:D So glad you went there and found it. Oh boy what a memory that brings back the day we went there. Although it was a drizzly misty drive, it was a wonderful drive to it and then on arriving, we were greeted with a large mug of tea.

The very sad thing was, it was Sheena who told us about the London bombings atrocity that had just happened. Such a beautiful, peaceful, remote place to be and hear that awful news. We walked down to the shoreline and simply reflected on that news - I cant think of a better place to be at a time like that. Its good for the soul.

What direction you heading in next? Maybe I can think of another wonderful place for you to go lol.

Linda

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 13, 2013 16:46 |  #8729

Thank you, Linda for pointing me in this direction. We had good weather, and the scenery on that drive over the hills was just incredible. Easily the best scenic drive yet!

We weren't really expecting the Tea Hut to literally be a shed/lean-to, but Sheena was such a dear old character. It was probably the worst cup of coffee I've ever had at a coffee shop (except for Starbucks, which is always awful), but the experience is the best I've had by far. Sheena is getting elderly now, she was talking about packing it in. I think she'll do it for as long as she can walk from the house to the shed.

We started off with a walk along the loch to loch carron weavers. Then went to Dornie for a coffee (and met a wonderful old couple who talked to us, and generally talked over each other in doing so), went to the castle, and then to Corran for our coffee. Managed to have good weather for much of the day.

Off to the loch inver/cape wrath area at the weekend, and then a couple of days on Mull (staying in tobermory).

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 13, 2013 17:02 |  #8730

Pete wrote in post #16028464 (external link)
Thank you, Linda for pointing me in this direction. We had good weather, and the scenery on that drive over the hills was just incredible. Easily the best scenic drive yet!

We weren't really expecting the Tea Hut to literally be a shed/lean-to, but Sheena was such a dear old character. It was probably the worst cup of coffee I've ever had at a coffee shop (except for Starbucks, which is always awful), but the experience is the best I've had by far. Sheena is getting elderly now, she was talking about packing it in. I think she'll do it for as long as she can walk from the house to the shed.

We started off with a walk along the loch to loch carron weavers. Then went to Dornie for a coffee (and met a wonderful old couple who talked to us, and generally talked over each other in doing so), went to the castle, and then to Corran for our coffee. Managed to have good weather for much of the day.

Off to the loch inver/cape wrath area at the weekend, and then a couple of days on Mull (staying in tobermory).

LOL, yes, I thought it best not to give any hints on the tea hut lol. I did wonder whether she was still able to do it. She is a very good friend of the woman who runs the B&B we stayed at, thats how we came to know about it. Our drive there was quite magical and I remember thinking was that road ever going to stop somewhere lol.

I will have a look on the map to see if there are any places near your next area - there are so many wonderful places in the Highlands, its difficult to choose to cram in on one visit lol. There are a couple of rather nice places I can think of but will have to refer to the map to see if its on/near your route.

We spent 1 day at Tobermory as we didnt have much time so you will probably see more than I did. Look out for dolphins on the boat trip over there as they frequently swim alongside the ship. Oh, and if you are going to Mull from the Oban ferry and get the chance, do go in the main fish and chip shop there - first class fish and chips!

Linda

sponsored links

877,245 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.