Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 19 Jun 2013 (Wednesday) 18:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

You CANNOT be serious!

ToddR
766 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jun 20, 2013 15:22 |  #16

It's a scam because a legitimate kit would have a microfiber cloth and UV filter. :p

Gear List

sponsored links
smacatl
Goldmember
1,563 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 20, 2013 15:26 |  #17

Replied to the Atlanta ad as well - exact same response.

I asked him if he could ship it to my office address at the IC3 Division of the FBI...... No response yet.

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

Kronie
Goldmember
2,183 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 20, 2013 15:50 |  #18

tim1970 wrote in post #16049223 (external link)
I replied just for fun. here is the response I got back....

Hello,

This first owner Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Digital SLR Camera kit has been well cared for and it's in absolutely pristine condition(new, used only few times). I have all the papers and warranty in hand ready to be transferred to the new owner. I'm looking to do a quick sale, that's why my asking price is $ 1,450(no hidden costs), it has been reduced to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place.

The camera is currently with me, located near Casper, WY. it's available for immediate pick-up but it could also be transported free of charge by a military carrier. Estimated arrival time: 2-3 business days from date of shipment.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the camera, I've added a brief photo-presentation. Please visit the following link for more details: http://imgur.com/a/f4T​WI#0 (external link)

Thanks for your interest, hope to hear from you soon.
Tim Locke

I replied and told him that I would meet him at the Mcdonalds at the corner of Wyoming Drive and Plaza Dr. in Casper.

I haven't heard back from him. :)

I got the same thing. Except I asked him what address he wants me to send the cashiers check to and I haven't heard back.

Hello,

This first owner Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Digital SLR Camera kit has been well cared for and it's in absolutely pristine condition(new, used only few times). I have all the papers and warranty in hand ready to be transferred to the new owner. I'm looking to do a quick sale, that's why my asking price is $ 1,450(no hidden costs), it has been reduced to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place.

The camera is currently with me, located near Casper, WY. it's available for immediate pick-up but it could also be transported free of charge by a military carrier. Estimated arrival time: 2-3 business days from date of shipment.

To support my argument regarding the condition of the camera, I've added a brief photo-presentation. Please visit the following link for more details: http://imgur.com/a/f4T​WI#0 (external link)

Thanks for your interest, hope to hear from you soon.

[IMAGE TOO SMALL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

morph2_7
Goldmember
1,112 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jun 20, 2013 17:14 |  #19

One of the photos @imgur.com shows 5DMIII with a serial number 078024001016. I search that serial # at http://www.stolencamer​afinder.com/home?searc​hType=manual (external link) and got 5 hits (pictures taken with that camera). So that camera has been reported stolen (I think).

m3incorp
989 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jun 20, 2013 17:29 |  #20

I would respond to the Dallas listing but tell him I want to buy the one on the Atlanta listing and willing to send cash if he can ship it to Casper, WY. lol

7D, 10D, Canon EFS 18-55mm modded
Canon EF 50mm, Canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII VC
Canon EF 70-300mm, 70-200 F4 L
, Canon 430ex ii Speedlite.

rndman
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 20, 2013 18:53 |  #21

madflea wrote in post #16048293 (external link)
Here is the ad on the Dallas/Ft. Worth Craigslist:
http://dallas.craigsli​st.org/dal/phd/3882169​368.html (external link)

Definitely a scam.

All that for $1498...
Does he think we are all fools??

smugmug (external link)

bettyn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,448 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 20, 2013 18:57 |  #22

rndman wrote in post #16049685 (external link)
All that for $1498...
Does he think we are all fools??

You just can't imagine ANYONE being that stupid, can you?

My Gear: 6D, 7D, EOS-M w EF-M 22 f2 STM and EF-M 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM, 17-40L f4, 24-70L f2.8, 100 f2.8 non-IS macro, 70-200L f/4 IS, 400L f5.6,, Canon 1.4x II TC, Canon Speedlite 430 EX II, Better Beamer. Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod, 2 monopods, Manfrotto ballhead and pistol grip tripod heads.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,385 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 20, 2013 19:37 |  #23

morph2_7 wrote in post #16049472 (external link)
One of the photos @imgur.com shows 5DMIII with a serial number 078024001016. I search that serial # at http://www.stolencamer​afinder.com/home?searc​hType=manual (external link) and got 5 hits (pictures taken with that camera). So that camera has been reported stolen (I think).

it doesn't mean it's stolen it just means that those instances are public spots that pictures taken with that camera have been posted

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 20, 2013 19:44 as a reply to  @ DreDaze's post |  #24

Think he'd take PayPal Gift?

Gear List
My Flickr Page (external link)

Fester
814 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 20, 2013 20:07 |  #25

Thats a geat deal. I'm Emailing him now!

OK I googled his email address. LOVE GOOGLE!
Hes got the same ad in honolulu wichita waterton chatanooga
How can CL not recognize this?

Tsmith
Formerly known as Bluedog_XT
10,429 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jun 20, 2013 20:37 |  #26

M_Six wrote in post #16046620 (external link)
Wow, a CL scam. What will they think of next?

LMAO ... gotta clean up coffee now.

baj2k
724 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 20, 2013 21:53 |  #27

Damn, and I was thinking about selling my 5DmkIII too but if that's the new going rate used I wouldn't get 1/2 what I paid... may as well keep it... ;)

morph2_7
Goldmember
1,112 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jun 21, 2013 00:49 |  #28

DreDaze wrote in post #16049810 (external link)
it doesn't mean it's stolen it just means that those instances are public spots that pictures taken with that camera have been posted

Yeah, that's why I wrote "I think" because I wasn't sure. I just searched for my camera (still in my possession) serial and got 2 hits but the photos won't show up. They don't show up because I've deleted them.

rndman
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 21, 2013 07:06 |  #29

morph2_7 wrote in post #16050555 (external link)
Yeah, that's why I wrote "I think" because I wasn't sure. I just searched for my camera (still in my possession) serial and got 2 hits but the photos won't show up. They don't show up because I've deleted them.

It may not be stolen. But sure it is a SCAM...
Need to nail this guy and not just flag/ban..

smugmug (external link)

Kronie
Goldmember
2,183 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 21, 2013 08:28 |  #30

This is the response I got when I asked for an address:

Hi there,

I'm active duty in the US Army, stationed at Casper, WY. to complete the pre-deployment training program. The camera is here with me. It can be prepared for immediate transportation, but it can also be picked up from the base, as long as you'll be able to come here in the next 2 days. If you can't manage to come here before I'll be moved to my next duty station, the camera can be delivered by a military carrier (transportation charges are included in the selling price). To eliminate any concerns, you will have a 5 days inspection/test period, prior purchase approval.

Due to the urgent nature of sale, the acquisition process will be conducted through the third party payment platform provided by Google Checkout. They basically implement a secure and controlled environment that allows the payment transfer between buyer and seller. Please note that a refundable payment will be made, as proof of your intention to complete the purchase transaction. The money will be held in trust by Google Checkout.

If you want to proceed and you have sufficient funds to complete the transaction, please email me back with the following information;
- Full Name and Shipping Address (Home Address, City, State, zip/Postal Code) - Info. required by Google Checkout they will contact you with simple, easy to follow step by step guidelines.
- Phone Number: (Home,Mobile,Office) - Info. required by the shipping company, they will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the Canon camera.

I look forward to your response,
Tim Locke

sponsored links

5,449 views & 0 likes for this thread
You CANNOT be serious!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.