Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 27 Jun 2013 (Thursday) 17:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hello Everyone

paintcheck
154 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 27, 2013 17:43 |  #1

Hello Everyone!

Name here is James and the photography bug has bitten pretty hard. Spent some time this weekend shooting a pro paintball event with a friends t3 and found it very relaxing. So once I got back home, I decided to buy my own gear.

Bought:

T5i with 18-55mm standard lense
50-250mm IS II lense (i think)
backpack
64GB memory Card (hindsight says I shouldn't have bought such a large one :( Soon to be fixed!)

Really look forward to learning all I can and producing some really great shots. Personally I like shooting scenic photos/sunsets etc and paintball, and we have enough areas that I can go get scenic shots when time allows here.

So, hello :)

Camera(s): 7D, (wishing for a 5dm3)
Lenses: Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC / Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 / Canon Nifty Fifty / Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5
Cards: 16GB/32Gb SanDisks CF

sponsored links
mark48
921 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 27, 2013 21:25 |  #2

Hi James and welcome. There's nothing that beats taking your camera out and using it as much as you can. I wish you well.

paintcheck
THREAD ­ STARTER
154 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 27, 2013 21:53 |  #3

mark48 wrote in post #16071434 (external link)
Hi James and welcome. There's nothing that beats taking your camera out and using it as much as you can. I wish you well.

Thanks. I'm excited. JUST SOOOOO MUCH TO LEARN!!

Lenses: Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC / Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 / Canon Nifty Fifty / Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5

BearSummer
925 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Jun 28, 2013 01:59 as a reply to  @ paintcheck's post |  #4

Welcome James,

We all know about getting bitten by the bug, you are definitely amongst fellow sufferers.

64gb card, yep that's a lot... But at least you won't have to worry about running out of space and trying to delete images when out shooting. Save the cull until you are home and can take your time over it.

I recently bought 112gb of cards (2x32 3x16) to get though a two day shoot, admittedly I'm shooting onto two cards at a time (camera takes both cf+sd cards) so i can worry less about card failure. So when you are travelling light and away from a computer for a few days running out of storage isn't so much of an issue.

Having said that the most I've shot in a day (car and airshow) was 1600+ ... It's better to have to much storage than not enough.

Welcome to the addiction, cof cof I mean hobby, hope you enjoy it.

BearSummer

Moderation is for people that can't handle excess.

Gear List.

paintcheck
THREAD ­ STARTER
154 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 28, 2013 08:18 |  #5

BearSummer wrote in post #16071916 (external link)
Welcome James,

We all know about getting bitten by the bug, you are definitely amongst fellow sufferers.

64gb card, yep that's a lot... But at least you won't have to worry about running out of space and trying to delete images when out shooting. Save the cull until you are home and can take your time over it.

I recently bought 112gb of cards (2x32 3x16) to get though a two day shoot, admittedly I'm shooting onto two cards at a time (camera takes both cf+sd cards) so i can worry less about card failure. So when you are travelling light and away from a computer for a few days running out of storage isn't so much of an issue.

Having said that the most I've shot in a day (car and airshow) was 1600+ ... It's better to have to much storage than not enough.

Welcome to the addiction, cof cof I mean hobby, hope you enjoy it.

BearSummer

Thanks :) I think I'm going out later today and picking up a few SanDisk Class 10 cards in the 16-32gb range just so I'm not relying on one giant card.

Now the next few items on my shopping list are gonna take a lil while to buy:

1) battery grip
2) eye-fi card
3) better lense for shooting paintball with
4) dc car charger for the batteries (which seems to be impossible to find :( )

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Jun 30, 2013 23:36 |  #6

http://www.amazon.com …ords=wasabi+bat​tery+lp-e8 (external link)

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

sponsored links

736 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hello Everyone
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.