Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 02 May 2011 (Monday) 07:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

who has the T3 / 1100D ?

01erionracing
236 posts
Joined Mar 2013

May 21, 2013 11:23 |  #631

Nice photos from the T3, keep them coming.

Canon 6D/70D
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 - Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art - Canon 40mm F/2.8 - Canon 85mm F/1.8 - Canon 18-135mm STM kit lens - Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 OS - Canon 100-400mm L - Canon speedlite 430ex ii x3

sponsored links
slamin81
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Jan 2013

May 25, 2013 19:41 as a reply to  @ 01erionracing's post |  #632

couple with my t3 day i got,,(new to dslr) go gentle

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon T3 with 18-55 IS lens/80-200 EF lens/75-300 EF lens.:D

ian_socool
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2011

May 26, 2013 22:42 |  #633

slamin81 wrote in post #15967343 (external link)
couple with my t3 day i got,,(new to dslr) go gentle

Welcome. The majority of great photos is not based on how you use the camera, but how you set up your photos, composition, and how steady your hand is. Study EXIF's and ask when you are not sure. We were all there...and still are in a sense.

70D, 80D, SL1, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Σ30mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 Pancake Σ70mm 2.8 EX DG Macro, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Σ85 1.4, Σ50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM APO, Godox AD 200 X's 2, 430EX II X's 2, Yongnuo YN-560II X's 2, Cowboy Studio wireless flash triggers X4.Ian_socool FlickR (external link) Facebook fanpage (external link) http://ianlynphotograp​hy.com (external link)

trewyn15
722 posts
Joined Dec 2012

May 27, 2013 16:11 |  #634

Another from the other day

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i425.photobucke​t.com …/IMG_3215_zpsc9​e006b5.jpg (external link)

Mitch
Canon T3 - Canon 60D - Canon Rebel 2000
Canon EOS M - Canon PowerShot SD1100IS
Gear/Feedback

cololeo
172 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 16, 2013 02:05 |  #635

I really want to know how all these experts can decide whether a lens or camera is better or worse than another judging a 1024 long side compressed reduction. I have an old HP 2meg that looks great at that resolution. Hell, your wall screen is only a 2meg (1920x1080).

Methinks there are to many armchair experts here. It's not the equipment, but the skill and vision of the photographer.

</rant>

FluPics@gmail.com (external link)

ian_socool
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 16, 2013 20:31 |  #636

cololeo wrote in post #16035223 (external link)
I really want to know how all these experts can decide whether a lens or camera is better or worse than another judging a 1024 long side compressed reduction. I have an old HP 2meg that looks great at that resolution. Hell, your wall screen is only a 2meg (1920x1080).

Methinks there are to many armchair experts here. It's not the equipment, but the skill and vision of the photographer.

</rant>

Equipment helps. It is easier to open a can with an electric can opener than with a knife.

70D, 80D, SL1, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Σ30mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 Pancake Σ70mm 2.8 EX DG Macro, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Σ85 1.4, Σ50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM APO, Godox AD 200 X's 2, 430EX II X's 2, Yongnuo YN-560II X's 2, Cowboy Studio wireless flash triggers X4.Ian_socool FlickR (external link) Facebook fanpage (external link) http://ianlynphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Azexa
124 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 17, 2013 18:05 |  #637

This is probably one of my favorite photos that I have taken :)

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3687/9072097050_0783fb043a_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/azexaphoto/9072​097050/  (external link)
Jingles (external link) by Azexa1 (external link), on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/azexaphoto/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/Boundlessphoto (external link)
Kaitlin <3

cololeo
172 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 18, 2013 00:28 |  #638

ian_socool wrote in post #16037212 (external link)
Equipment helps. It is easier to open a can with an electric can opener than with a knife.

I agree, but it doesn't change the contents of the can.;)

FluPics@gmail.com (external link)

Jeff_56
285 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 18, 2013 11:40 |  #639
bannedPermanent ban

How many people have had problems with chamber lubricant getting on the sensor of their T3? I just went down that road the last few days. I learned a lot including the fact that Canon allowed what I think is a serious defect to be included in the T3. There's just no reason for there to be lube flying around inside the camera. It didn't happen up until just a few years ago according to what I've been reading or at least there was a lot less of it.

It took me a while and a "serious" conversation with Canon to get the whole picture as it were. I learned the best thing to do is to learn to clean my own dang sensor. One free cleaning that may or may not get the job done and two weeks without my camera (or more) is not my idea of a good way to treat a loyal customer. I haven't bought a still camera that didn't say "Canon" on it for over a decade now. One of my good video cameras is also a Canon. But none of that seemed to matter to Canon. I got the "how much money have you given me today" treatment when I called. I'll remember that when it comes time to invest in more camera equipment.

Overall I've been happy with the quality of the T3. I think it takes great photos with the right lenses in place. I wasn't impressed with the EF 75-300mm lens that I got in a kit deal for a whopping $25. It's easy to see why they sell them so cheap. But I have gotten some good photos with it. I've done much better with the EF-S 55-250mm though. It does real well for a lens in that price range IMO. I didn't really want to spend a fortune on a camera and lenses so here I am. I'm actually happy with what I've bought. I just didn't like the deal with the chamber lubricant. That should be fixed IMO and it should be covered by the warranty for more than one cleaning. It just seems really suspicious that it came that way to me.

I also like the macro shots I've been able to get with cheap equipment (extension tube and macro ring light). DOF is certainly an issue with this setup but it definitely has it's uses and it does fine with bugs and stuff.

I've posted several images here using the kit lens, the 300mm and the 250mm lens and the macro setup. For the price the camera does a very good job. It shouldn't be mistaken for a pro camera but I'm not a pro. I just like photography and I wanted something better than a super zoom or a pocket camera. I might have gone with a mirrorless setup if there was more of a track record with them. I want to see how they hold up after 5 years (if they're still working at all). I still have a 2m Sony camera (last still camera I bought that wasn't a Canon) that takes great photos. Glass means a lot to photos. Again overall I'm happy.

Here's a shot I haven't posted yet. It's nothing special. I shot it with the 75-300mm.

IMAGE: http://www.a-framevideo.com/Dizzy1.jpg

Azexa
124 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jun 23, 2013 16:21 |  #640

Still learning- but I love this photo. Took it out while hiking around the Hudson Valley, NY

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Hudson River (external link) by Azexa1 (external link), on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/azexaphoto/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/Boundlessphoto (external link)
Kaitlin <3

oink1
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jun 30, 2013 02:35 |  #641

Not alot of love for the 1100d is there, Shame, I think it's quite capable IMO. I'm happy to report I own a 'Poor mans Canon' :D (for now)

Dusty ­ Lens
221 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jun 30, 2013 05:51 |  #642

oink1 wrote in post #16077254 (external link)
Not alot of love for the 1100d is there, Shame, I think it's quite capable IMO. I'm happy to report I own a 'Poor mans Canon' :D (for now)

I'm happy with mine, just need to upgrade my lens thats all.

Dusty Lens
Canon 70d, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-55 STM, Mitakon 85mm f2 MF, Sigma 17-50 f/2.8, Neewer TT560 flash,

ian_socool
Goldmember
1,826 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 30, 2013 06:25 |  #643

bigdog33 wrote in post #16077418 (external link)
I'm happy with mine, just need to upgrade my lens thats all.

That comes with time until you try a 7d and feel how the shutter releases....Look at my sig

Jeff_56
285 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 30, 2013 18:20 |  #644
bannedPermanent ban

The T3 is head and shoulders better than your point and shoot pocket Canon cameras. The pocket cameras aren't all that bad depending on which one you get. I've taken what I think are some great photos with them. The high telephoto lenses on some models will affect image quality IMO. But with the ability to change lenses and better lenses overall the IQ on the T3 doesn't suffer nearly as much.

I'm not out to make money with my T3. I don't expect to win any contests either. But there is a market for a camera on the level of the T3 clearly. Someone must be buying them. As for them not getting a lot of love on a board like this you have to remember that most of the people here are more serious about photography than I am. I have much better quality video cameras BTW. That is something I do to make money or I did for a good while. I've pretty much quit that too until computers get fast enough to edit HD video the way I want. I don't like waiting all night for a single edit to be put together. Even so my video equipment takes better quality stuff than many HD cameras do. The lens and the sensor makes a lot of difference. And one of my cameras shoots 16:9 video too.

My point is that there is a rear for every seat as my dad used to say (in a more "colorful" manner). If the T3 is your thing don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Remember too that there will always be someone to tell you that if you had just spent a little more money you would have been so much happier and you must have been crazy not to. That applies whether you buy a used Barbie camera (I have one for sale if you're interested) or a EOS-1D X. There's always something more you could have bought and if not wait a week and there will be.

Buy the camera you want and be sure to leave some money for lenses in your budget. Then don't worry what anyone says about it because someone will always look down their nose at you no matter what you buy. I haven't even mentioned Nikon and Sony and Panasonic camera lovers. They will have plenty of criticism for you. I bought what was considered to be one of the best prosumer video cameras on the market but within 6 months it was considered obsolete. Keep that in mind too. Your T3 would have been a super camera about 5 years ago. And I still have still cameras from 12 years ago that take great photos even compared to my T3. I made 8 X 10 prints from a 2MP camera. People said it wasn't possible to do that with less than 5mp then a year later it took 8mp then 10mp and according to some I can't do it with my 12 mp camera either. I wish they could see the photo I took of my father in law that I took with that 2mp camera. He died in 2002 and that photo is worth it's weight in gold to me and my wife. And I would defy anyone to tell me it isn't a good photo if they actually saw it. It has no pixelation even on his white shirt and very little noise too. Don't let people harsh your buzz in other words. The T3 will take some fine photos.

tat3406
275 posts
Joined May 2013

Jun 30, 2013 20:10 |  #645

Jeff_56 wrote in post #16078876 (external link)
The T3 is head and shoulders better than your point and shoot pocket Canon cameras. The pocket cameras aren't all that bad depending on which one you get. I've taken what I think are some great photos with them. The high telephoto lenses on some models will affect image quality IMO. But with the ability to change lenses and better lenses overall the IQ on the T3 doesn't suffer nearly as much.

I'm not out to make money with my T3. I don't expect to win any contests either. But there is a market for a camera on the level of the T3 clearly. Someone must be buying them. As for them not getting a lot of love on a board like this you have to remember that most of the people here are more serious about photography than I am. I have much better quality video cameras BTW. That is something I do to make money or I did for a good while. I've pretty much quit that too until computers get fast enough to edit HD video the way I want. I don't like waiting all night for a single edit to be put together. Even so my video equipment takes better quality stuff than many HD cameras do. The lens and the sensor makes a lot of difference. And one of my cameras shoots 16:9 video too.

My point is that there is a rear for every seat as my dad used to say (in a more "colorful" manner). If the T3 is your thing don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Remember too that there will always be someone to tell you that if you had just spent a little more money you would have been so much happier and you must have been crazy not to. That applies whether you buy a used Barbie camera (I have one for sale if you're interested) or a EOS-1D X. There's always something more you could have bought and if not wait a week and there will be.

Buy the camera you want and be sure to leave some money for lenses in your budget. Then don't worry what anyone says about it because someone will always look down their nose at you no matter what you buy. I haven't even mentioned Nikon and Sony and Panasonic camera lovers. They will have plenty of criticism for you. I bought what was considered to be one of the best prosumer video cameras on the market but within 6 months it was considered obsolete. Keep that in mind too. Your T3 would have been a super camera about 5 years ago. And I still have still cameras from 12 years ago that take great photos even compared to my T3. I made 8 X 10 prints from a 2MP camera. People said it wasn't possible to do that with less than 5mp then a year later it took 8mp then 10mp and according to some I can't do it with my 12 mp camera either. I wish they could see the photo I took of my father in law that I took with that 2mp camera. He died in 2002 and that photo is worth it's weight in gold to me and my wife. And I would defy anyone to tell me it isn't a good photo if they actually saw it. It has no pixelation even on his white shirt and very little noise too. Don't let people harsh your buzz in other words. The T3 will take some fine photos.

^^agree with you.
T3 can do almost everthing others DSLR, but need mre effort. Now canon have SL1 to replace T3, better choice, my bigger problem with T3 is the video mode. Just purchase a used 6D for upgrade just because i always shoot at ISO3200 and still not enough.

6D, 100L,24-70 F4L, 40mm pancake, 70-300L
Carl Zeiss MP 50
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/tat3406/ (external link)

sponsored links

167,083 views & 0 likes for this thread
who has the T3 / 1100D ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.