Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Klystron
Goldmember
2,786 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 01, 2013 14:47 |  #9136

Swaffs wrote in post #16081172 (external link)
Some stonking birdy photos coming through..

Ronin,
The top one above just distracts me with the blown out sky :(
One below it nicely done

I've just popped in to share this... Anyone fancy going?

http://gulfphotoplus.c​om/popup (external link)

Why you can’t afford to miss PopUp GPP London?

GPP (Gulf Photo Plus), famed for its annual, all-star photofest in Dubai, is going on tour and bringing together four of the worlds’ best photographers and photography instructors for amust-attend, unique educational, inspirational and affordable Pop Up photography event… in London!
Learn from the best

Join PopUp GPP’s stellar line-up - Zack Arias, Gregory Heisler, David Hobby and Joe McNally - for an unforgettable weekend of photography learning, inspiration and fun. In two jam-packed days you’ll learn from each of the photographers in four carefully planned sessions designed to boost your photography skills, creativity and career. See inside the mind of a lighting master, understand the creative thought processes of legendary photographers and pick up invaluable business tips from social media icons.
Be inspired

These unique sessions go beyond the online tutorials, lighting diagrams and instructional books and DVDs, to give you an intensive dose of real creative and photographic inspiration that you won’t find anywhere else. The inspiration doesn’t stop there; whether you’re networking with fellow photographers or chatting with the instructors, you’ll be inspired to take your photography further than ever before.

Are you going then ?

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

sponsored links
David ­ Stallard
Goldmember
1,209 posts
Gallery: 132 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 01, 2013 16:06 |  #9137

Box Brownie wrote in post #16076199 (external link)
Hi David

Sorry almost missed these crackers in the rush of catching up with all the pages since I was away in South Wales!

Look like you had a great holiday in an area as mentioned we have spoken about going for ages. If it OK I will PM you with a few questions in regard to locations & hotels?

:D

Thank you very much, no problem if you want to drop me a PM (working silly hours from tomorrow so you may not get a reply straight away)

.DAVID.

PS - some of the bird photo's from the last couple of days are unbelievably good, can't even imagine getting one as good let alone a full set [Sigh]

EOS box that goes click and some tubes with glass in them on the front.
http://www.davidstalla​rdphotography.com/ (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,190 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 01, 2013 16:07 |  #9138

Heads up guys 'n gals

BBC tomorrow Imagine series a program about Don McCullin http://www.bbc.co.uk/p​rogrammes/b007ght1 (external link)

I will be setting the recorder ;)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,190 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 01, 2013 16:11 |  #9139

Ronin,
One below it nicely done

GPP (Gulf Photo Plus), famed for its annual, all-star photofest in Dubai, is going on tour and bringing together four of the worlds’ best photographers and photography instructors for amust-attend, unique educational, inspirational and affordable Pop Up photography event… in London!
Learn from the best

Join PopUp GPP’s stellar line-up - Zack Arias, Gregory Heisler, David Hobby and Joe McNally - for an unforgettable weekend of photography learning, inspiration and fun. In two jam-packed days you’ll learn from each of the photographers in four carefully planned sessions designed to boost your photography skills, creativity and career. See inside the mind of a lighting master, understand the creative thought processes of legendary photographers and pick up invaluable business tips from social media icons.
Be inspired

These unique sessions go beyond the online tutorials, lighting diagrams and instructional books and DVDs, to give you an intensive dose of real creative and photographic inspiration that you won’t find anywhere else. The inspiration doesn’t stop there; whether you’re networking with fellow photographers or chatting with the instructors, you’ll be inspired to take your photography further than ever before.

That is some line up and no doubt a great event but £255 on the 'early bird' price would need some carefull thought???

Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,190 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 01, 2013 16:11 |  #9140

David Stallard wrote in post #16081603 (external link)
Thank you very much, no problem if you want to drop me a PM (working silly hours from tomorrow so you may not get a reply straight away)

.DAVID.

PS - some of the bird photo's from the last couple of days are unbelievably good, can't even imagine getting one as good let alone a full set [Sigh]

Thanks David, I will drop you a PM in due course :D

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,901 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 01, 2013 16:21 |  #9141

Rich the highlights behind her are blown yes but that is mainly because the sun was directly behind her reflecting off the sea.

Box Brownie wrote in post #16081609 (external link)
Heads up guys 'n gals

BBC tomorrow Imagine series a program about Don McCullin http://www.bbc.co.uk/p​rogrammes/b007ght1 (external link)

I will be setting the recorder ;)

Laurence I've just posted on FB about this a photographer who can say been there seen done it not only a war photographer but he also has a very large body of social commentary work from the '60's and '70's from his time on the Sunday Times.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

crunchie
116 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jul 01, 2013 18:19 |  #9142

Ronin,
One below it nicely done

Learn from the best

Be inspired

WOW!! Those 4 guys are amazing! Hmm I really want to go... Thanks for sharing!

6D, 40D, EOS M, and various lenses

photogsam
456 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 01, 2013 18:39 as a reply to  @ post 16081172 |  #9143

Sunrise anyone? This is the first time I have actually stayed awake to get a photo at sunrise. It was getting light at 3 in the morning!!! Would have struggles to drag myself out of bed if I had set the alarm.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Ashdown Forrest Sunrise (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3784/9177077130_b44a1d9a71_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/84891527@N00/9​177077130/  (external link)
Morning Sun (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2815/9182795014_a8c4009148_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/84891527@N00/9​182795014/  (external link)
Layered (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

Canon 5D Mark 3, Olympus OM-D, Sony A7r with lots of toys to go with them
Photoblog (external link)|My Flickr (external link)| 500PX (external link)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 02, 2013 00:58 as a reply to  @ photogsam's post |  #9144

Great work Sam - some really beautiful shots, and folk always seem to forget that beyond kit & ability you need to actually make some effort and get out - point proved :cool:

Morning all!

spent yesterday 39 storeys up in Canary Wharf - sadly for a conference, so only a few token snaps grabbed but has made me desperate to get out into the smoke again for some photos... did the threatened meet up ever get agreed?

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 02, 2013 03:11 |  #9145

Great early morning images Sam - I love the layered effect.

flickr (external link) Editing OK (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 02, 2013 03:11 |  #9146

photogsam wrote in post #16082008 (external link)
Sunrise anyone? This is the first time I have actually stayed awake to get a photo at sunrise. It was getting light at 3 in the morning!!! Would have struggles to drag myself out of bed if I had set the alarm.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Ashdown Forrest Sunrise (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/84891527@N00/9​177077130/  (external link)
Morning Sun (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/84891527@N00/9​182795014/  (external link)
Layered (external link) by Sam_C_Moore (external link), on Flickr

Beautiful.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,901 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 02, 2013 04:20 |  #9147

Cracking shots Sam it's always worth getting out early I never seem to have the time to do it now.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,901 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 02, 2013 06:58 |  #9148

One more from Sunday's shoot.

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/9192651876_90af4f44a0_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/roninsilv/91926​51876/  (external link)
Kristina (external link) by Ronin247 (external link), on Flickr

photogsam
456 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 02, 2013 08:37 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #9149

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16082920 (external link)
Great work Sam - some really beautiful shots, and folk always seem to forget that beyond kit & ability you need to actually make some effort and get out - point proved :cool:

Martin Dixon wrote in post #16083086 (external link)
Great early morning images Sam - I love the layered effect.

Anke wrote in post #16083087 (external link)
Beautiful.

Ronin Silv wrote in post #16083155 (external link)
Cracking shots Sam it's always worth getting out early I never seem to have the time to do it now.

Thanks chaps, and yep it is so worth just to drag yourself out now and again for a sunrise, most of the time you will be rewarded with fantastic light.I would like to time it with mist, but not too sure if you can predict mist over the hills.

Canon 5D Mark 3, Olympus OM-D, Sony A7r with lots of toys to go with them
Photoblog (external link)|My Flickr (external link)| 500PX (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,901 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 02, 2013 08:47 |  #9150

Spring and autumn are best for mist Sam hot days and cool nights for the best chance you need to be near water.

sponsored links

884,593 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.