Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 01 Jul 2013 (Monday) 09:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Flower and bud

mmahmood
167 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 01, 2013 09:25 |  #1

being relatively new to photography and want to improve my clicks, your CC is most welcomed.

IMAGE: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3712/9170778953_9a006c9922_b.jpg

Regards,
Mahmood

sponsored links
chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 01, 2013 16:56 |  #2

You've followed all the rules of composition and exposure quite well but, (there's always a "but" isn't there :lol: ) you have forgotten about the background. A concrete wall just doesn't work. ;)

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

frozenframe
Goldmember
1,639 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jun 2013

Jul 01, 2013 20:07 |  #3

Yes, concrete wall needs to be moved out of the way. What lens are you using? Could you try using a narrower DOF, blurring the concrete wall? Other than that I really like it.

Ron
My Gear List

mmahmood
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 01, 2013 23:49 |  #4

chauncey wrote in post #16081713 (external link)
You've followed all the rules of composition and exposure quite well but, (there's always a "but" isn't there :lol: ) you have forgotten about the background. A concrete wall just doesn't work. ;)

yes there is always a but involved in everything :) the image is pretty much out of 600D only minor tweaking with levels but ( OMG here we go again ;) ) after i posted here i found it to be even better with little bit more saturation, about the background wall point well noted.

mmahmood
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 01, 2013 23:52 |  #5

frozenframe wrote in post #16082250 (external link)
Yes, concrete wall needs to be moved out of the way. What lens are you using? Could you try using a narrower DOF, blurring the concrete wall? Other than that I really like it.

this one is with 18-135, and about blurring the blurring sure that can be worked upon but now i feel like :( that why i traded in my 18-55 for longer lens

CactusJuice
853 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 02, 2013 00:40 |  #6

The composition needs work. Flower shots are a dime a dozen so at the very least you have to show a more unique perspective.

mmahmood
THREAD ­ STARTER
167 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 03, 2013 12:03 |  #7

attaching another one of same flower same time, this shot is at 85mm and F/5.6

earlier image with background with more focus was with 85mm and F/14

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5335/9199946385_0565d20d92_b.jpg

WVUEerFan74
140 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jul 03, 2013 12:13 |  #8

Nice, this second one is quite a bit more vibrant.

Canon T2i Digital SLR; stock 17-55mm and Sigma 70-300mm telephoto.
I am just learning so any suggestions are welcome.

sponsored links

961 views & 0 likes for this thread
Flower and bud
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.