Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 17 Aug 2006 (Thursday) 00:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please Post Your Billingham Bags!

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 06, 2013 19:12 |  #1126

Howard, you have helped me once again. Took the partitions out of my H Pro bucket, and inserted them as you suggested.
Works better now. :)

Dave

sponsored links
Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 06, 2013 19:34 |  #1127
bannedPermanent ban

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 06, 2013 21:26 |  #1128

2mnycars wrote in post #16097356 (external link)
Howard, you have helped me once again. Took the partitions out of my H Pro bucket, and inserted them as you suggested.
Works better now. :)

Hi Dave,

Glad it is still working out for you. :D

I never seem to grow tired of my Hadley Pros ... best walk-around bag I have discovered so far. I got an extra "bucket" so I could have a 3rd partition layout for specialized gear selection. It is so easy to just unsnap it and pull the whole gear package out of the "shell" and drop in a different one.

Take care,

-howard

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 06, 2013 21:48 |  #1129

Thanks Howard! I have had trouble moving to other systems.
dslr (d300s+grip, two zoom lenses
Sony NEX5 with 2 zoom lenses....sold
Olympus OMD+grip, 2 zoom lenses
Nikon 1 V1, 2 lenses with another on its way

I have so many bags! I am reluctant to buy new bags for m43's

I have changed straps.

DaveL

Dave

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 06, 2013 22:25 as a reply to  @ 2mnycars's post |  #1130

Im looking at getting my first billingham bag!! i would want it to fit a 5d mark III with 24-70 mk II and 70-200 2.8 IS II. Would the hadley large be the most beneficial for this sort of setup?

Also any more news on the large hadley pro??
Can someone post a photo of them wearing their hadley large for size reference?

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 07, 2013 12:45 |  #1131
bannedPermanent ban

Does anybody know what Billingham bag most closely resembles the Domke F6 in size? Also maybe one that is a bit taller?

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Jul 08, 2013 03:43 |  #1132

nathan549 wrote in post #16097689 (external link)
Im looking at getting my first billingham bag!! i would want it to fit a 5d mark III with 24-70 mk II and 70-200 2.8 IS II. Would the hadley large be the most beneficial for this sort of setup?

Also any more news on the large hadley pro??
Can someone post a photo of them wearing their hadley large for size reference?

The Hadley Pro wil easily fit that in. The Hadley Large will however fit the 70-200 attached to the camera, the 24-70L plus other gear, so it might be a better fit in the long run.

• Wedding Photographer - Sydney and Wollongong (external link)
• Borrowed Moment (blog) (external link)

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Jul 08, 2013 03:46 |  #1133

hfgarris wrote in post #16097594 (external link)
Hi Dave,

Glad it is still working out for you. :D

I never seem to grow tired of my Hadley Pros ... best walk-around bag I have discovered so far. I got an extra "bucket" so I could have a 3rd partition layout for specialized gear selection. It is so easy to just unsnap it and pull the whole gear package out of the "shell" and drop in a different one.

Take care,

-howard

That is most probably the best way to handle different camera outfits, and it is what makes the Hadley range of bags so useful and versatile. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper to buy an extra insert than a whole new Hadley... ;)

• Wedding Photographer - Sydney and Wollongong (external link)
• Borrowed Moment (blog) (external link)

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 08, 2013 08:35 as a reply to  @ Rudi's post |  #1134

Thanks for that Rudi! Do you happen to own a hadley pro or hadley large? Would you be able to take a photo of you wearing it so i can get a size reference?
can barley find photos of people wearing them haha

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 08, 2013 08:50 |  #1135

I emailed billingham about the large hadley pro and this is the reply

Thank you for your email. As yet we do not have a release date as this
item is still in the design phase. I have made a note of your contact
details and as soon as I know I will contact you.

Kind regards

Doesn't look like its going to be available for a while :(

SohoAperture
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Jul 08, 2013 16:42 |  #1136

Just bought a light grey Hadley Pro today for an astronomical price (apparently there are only 20 in the world) - Can you believe the limited edition bags don't come with inserts?!?!?

Canon 5D Mark 3, 35mm f/1.4 L, 24-70mm II IS f/2.8 L, 70-200 f/2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX II

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Jul 08, 2013 17:44 |  #1137

SohoAperture wrote in post #16102703 (external link)
Just bought a light grey Hadley Pro today for an astronomical price (apparently there are only 20 in the world) - Can you believe the limited edition bags don't come with inserts?!?!?

bad for you :(
post some photos to make urself happy : )

Fly me away.

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 09, 2013 01:05 |  #1138

I took the leap and bought the Hadley large in black/black fibernyte (tough choice between black/black and sage/tan but black will suit anything i wear), can't wait to receive it in the mail :D

kcp1377
358 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 11, 2013 12:20 |  #1139

My Billingham Digital is here and it's great! So much smaller than the Pro (obviously) and perfect for my Leica, a few rolls of film and my light meter in the main body with a few accessories in the front pocket (lens cleaner, a UV filter box - filter almost always stays on the body, orange filter and my iphone.) I do wish it had a pocket along the back like the Pro does. Just for little bits of paper or my phone so I didn't have to open the top to get to my phone. But that's a minor complaint. I got the sage/brown leather and it's a very casual look, but I like it. Overall very happy with it. Perfect compliment to my pro when I don't want to carry much.

Kim ~ Shooting with full frame digital, medium format and 35mm film paired with some of the best glass available.

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 12, 2013 14:00 |  #1140

Kim it is a great bag. I have several phone holdersI use inthe leather strap on the end. I haven't bought the Billimgham pockets sold for this. I thought they were too costly for me.
I did add a Billingham pad. Before I bought it I used a Domke Postal Pad, which I think works as well or better. (I am ashamed that I dropped my bag when I had it slung over my shoulder when wearing a weather proof coat. Slippery. Cost me a B&W filter. Could have been worse )

I can fit my d300s with grip on,and 18-200VR lens mounted. Just :)

Dave

sponsored links

669,064 views & 48 likes for this thread
Please Post Your Billingham Bags!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.