Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 25 Jun 2013 (Tuesday) 14:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NEW SOFTWARE "AMASS!" FOR POTN: WHITE PAPER

this thread is locked
Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 09, 2013 02:28 |  #166

Dirty Murd wrote in post #16103784 (external link)
I think you took this wrong, as I wasn't asking for the process to be rushed. I was simply asking if there was an estimate time of completion. Some people when nearing completion may be able to say "within a month this will be 100% complete" or whatever. It was a simple question and if there is no estimate time then it's probably not going to be very soon.

I just finished going through a comparable exercise where things are never ready as soon as they seem at the moment. I learned the hard way that making statements implying an approximate time frame just invites having to endure moaning and groaning from whiners. No matter how close to ready things may appear there are always hidden gotchas waiting to nip you in the keester when you least expect it.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

sponsored links
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,336 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 09, 2013 09:41 |  #167

I'd rather it be near perfect that glitchy as hell. Take your time Pekka. We trust you to put up a good product when you're ready to.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,218 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 09, 2013 09:43 |  #168

Any hidden Easter Eggs in the software?

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 09, 2013 12:08 |  #169

Chet wrote in post #16104549 (external link)
Any hidden Easter Eggs in the software?

I heard that the TF will be an autonomous bot with a mean streak. ... Or, am I confusing that with the current TF? :lol:

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,620 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 09, 2013 12:14 |  #170

I thought the current TF was on a sabbatical.

SmugMug (external link)

BobsYourUncle
Goldmember
1,529 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 09, 2013 12:53 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #171

Just found this thread:

Wow! All I can say is wow!!
Absolutely mind boggling how much work and effort you have put into this. I have dappled with writing a couple simple websites and know how much work that is. What you have done is astounding.

This whole project is simply amazing!
Nice work Pekka, fantastic work!
Can't wait to see it in actionbw!

Set Goals!! If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!
EOS 70D
G1X .... and this other stuff
G11 and
380EX & 430EX
G9 - DEAD (self destructed) I'll fix it one day!

JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
3,374 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 09, 2013 15:58 |  #172

tommykjensen wrote in post #16103883 (external link)
That is a misleading conclusion to draw. Please remember this: Pekka is doing this on his own, he has a family too and events happen which delays things and this has already happened and these circumstances is why there is no estimate posted.

I understand how much time and effort he is putting into this and honestly appreciate the hell out of him for it. I read his extensive post with all the details and it absolutely amazed me at the stuff he is doing! The only reason I ask for a estimate is because I am extremely excited and happy about the whole thing. Didn't mean to sound like I was rushing anything.

CameraMan wrote in post #16104544 (external link)
I'd rather it be near perfect that glitchy as hell. Take your time Pekka. We trust you to put up a good product when you're ready to.

Once again, I wasn't trying to rush anything. I simply asked for an estimate, which is not me telling him to hurry up. If he had an estimate (which he didn't) then cool, but since he doesn't exactly know...I'll have to wait. I'm just over the top excited about the work he has been doing. I haven't been active here in the last year like I was when I first joined. Getting a new forum along with upgrading to my 6D will have me all over this place!

Hopefully I can get to know some of you regular users a little better in the near future!

-DM

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000
Own: 24-105mm f/4L | Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 | Rokinon 14mm f/1.8
Want: 24-70mm f/2.8 L II | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II

Unrising ­ Muffin
133 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 09, 2013 23:08 |  #173

Holy molly! This will be an unbelievable achievement when it goes live, kudos!

Fricks
Cream of the Crop
23,034 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 10, 2013 00:13 |  #174

Bill Boehme wrote in post #16105040 (external link)
I heard that the TF will be an autonomous bot with a mean streak. ... Or, am I confusing that with the current TF? :lol:

i hear shes going to be sweet and give out free candy and ice cream

YamahaRob
571 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 10, 2013 01:27 |  #175

Cant wait to see nikon based sections here. Would be one more reason to say bye bye to nikoncafe.

Rob
Nikon D300
Canon AE-1P (it becomes digital when pics are scanned in with a scanner:lol:)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Jul 10, 2013 18:08 |  #176

Dirty Murd wrote in post #16103163 (external link)
Pekka, are only a select few going to get to try this out before release? Or will it be for whoever chooses to try it out (open to all).

First a select group, then open to all members later.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,336 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 10, 2013 20:04 |  #177

I think anyone replying to this thread should be the beta testers. ;)

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 10, 2013 21:48 |  #178

CameraMan wrote in post #16109327 (external link)
I think anyone replying to this thread should be the beta testers. ;)

How about sensible criteria instead? I know, it's a novel concept, but worth considering. :rolleyes:

tmwag
Brown Noser has crush on Suzyview
2,641 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 10, 2013 22:14 |  #179

Bill Boehme wrote in post #16103907 (external link)
No matter how close to ready things may appear there are always hidden gotchas waiting to nip you in the keester when you least expect it.

I don't think boss will allow the hidden gotchas to do as you mentioned. The chosen elite beta testers should... or at least I would think will weed those out....anyway I'm in the club that says take as much time as needed. No hurry..

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 10, 2013 22:22 |  #180

tmwag wrote in post #16109632 (external link)
I don't think boss will allow the hidden gotchas to do as you mentioned. The chosen elite beta testers should... or at least I would think will weed those out....anyway I'm in the club that says take as much time as needed. No hurry..

I would volunteer, because I genuinely want to help, but methinks it is like the TF; If you ask for it, you won't get it.

So by not volunteering, I hereby volunteer. Or something of that nature. :lol:

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

sponsored links

107,738 views & 8 likes for this thread
NEW SOFTWARE "AMASS!" FOR POTN: WHITE PAPER
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.