Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 21 Jul 2013 (Sunday) 01:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shooting Lightning and some guys attacked me.

darksike
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 21, 2013 21:13 |  #16

OhLook wrote in post #16141502 (external link)
Aren't you worried that Anthony and his buddy might find you from Facebook? Your business name and phone number are there.

Criminal charges for equipment damage and bodily injury might be added to the assault charges. Maybe, as the case develops, you'll find out more from the police and later the DA. They can answer questions.

Thank you for that. I deleted my address, phone number and website. I'm trying to find his buddy from his facebook account, no luck

all experts were once a beginner
addicted since May '09
Gear - Site (external link) -
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
darksike
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 21, 2013 21:31 |  #17

wouldn't a restraining order added in court helps?

addicted since May '09
Facebook (external link)

Hatallas
182 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jul 22, 2013 03:30 |  #18

That sucks, sorry to hear, sorry we live in such civilization. From now on, you should carry pepper spray, just to be safe.

7D | C: 70-300mn f/4-5.6L IS USM | C: 24-105mm f/4[COLOR="black"]L IS USM | C: 50mn f/1.8 II | C: 40mn f/2.8 STM | C: 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | X100s

JCH77Yanks
Goldmember
1,291 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 22, 2013 07:50 as a reply to  @ Hatallas's post |  #19

This is the primary reason why I stopped going to the Jersey Shore. D-bag central. I'm sorry to hear about this little episode. I hope they catch those a-holes.

Joe Halliday
7D | XT | 10-22 | 24-105 f/4L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 580EXII | 430EXII | 430EX | Flickr (external link)| 500px (external link) |
Dial "M" for Manual.

Elusivesouls
88 posts
Joined May 2013

Jul 22, 2013 08:35 |  #20

JCH77Yanks wrote in post #16142563 (external link)
This is the primary reason why I stopped going to the Jersey Shore. D-bag central. I'm sorry to hear about this little episode. I hope they catch those a-holes.

Can D-bags sense each other and therefore not harass one another? You would figure the d-bags would kind of eliminate themselves by constantly fighting with one another, therefore leaving us non-dbags alone.

I'm guessing they can sense one another.

mike_311
Checking squirrels nuts
3,761 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 22, 2013 08:43 |  #21

Elusivesouls wrote in post #16142647 (external link)
Can D-bags sense each other and therefore not harass one another? You would figure the d-bags would kind of eliminate themselves by constantly fighting with one another, therefore leaving us non-dbags alone.

I'm guessing they can sense one another.

one merely needs to look at inner city crime in the US to see that isn't the case.

i hope the OP get this resolved and it will be nice to see the dopes get their comeuppance, there is no need nor should their be any tolerance of this behavior in a civilized society.

Canon 5d mkii | Canon 17-40/4L | Tamron 24-70/2.8 | Canon 85/1.8 | Canon 135/2L
www.michaelalestraphot​ography.com (external link)
Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | About me

sgstandard68
38 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 22, 2013 10:43 |  #22

If you haven't already done so, strongly consider getting an attorney. You may well have grounds for a civil suit to recover damages. Also, it would be wise not to post any further specific info on a public forum.

sgstandard68
sgstandard68.smugmug.c​om

DocFrankenstein
Cream of the Crop
12,324 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Jul 22, 2013 11:08 |  #23

That's Jeysey :) lol

It's really hard to deal with more than one person. On the plus side you're alive with no brain damage. It only takes a few kicks to the head once you're down.

Good time to take up kung fu?

National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.

darksike
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 22, 2013 17:23 |  #24

Thank you guys.
We're broke and don't really have money for attorney. Not sure if there's still some that wouldn't charge, just add the cost to the damages. I thought I have to wait for the police report to do that? so they can see what's going on.

I'll do that. From here on out, I'll leave it to the police. it can be used against me in court.

I sent my camera and lens today. $120 for insured shipping. yikes.
I found out before shipping that looking through the viewfinder, it's like the incoming light is cut in half. dim and it's very grainy.

my right ear still hurts though and some other parts. Dr. gave me some meds, hope it'll help. Can't drive when I take it.

lol on kung fu. I actually seriously considering that or maybe some other form of self defense class. I just ordered some pepper spray for our car keys. maybe when the pain goes away, I need to practice how to swing the tripod more efficiently

addicted since May '09
Facebook (external link)

toolman21
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 01, 2013 13:17 |  #25

There are lawyers that will review the case and either take it or not take it depending on if they think there is enough of a case. Typically they will do it free and if you win they get a hefty % of the awarded amount, but still better than nothing and you can cover the cost of your smashed gear and medical stuff. I am not a sue happy person, but sounds like they should be responsible for what they did in this case.

Toolman21 - Canon 60d & T1i (sold) - Canon 17-55 | Canon 17-85 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Sigma 10-20 | Canon 55-250
My Flicker (external link) | Like me on Facebook to follow my He-Man 365 nonsense (external link)| www.heman365.com (external link)https://www.facebook.c​om …n-Digital/34796106523515​2 (external link)

bpietrzak
75 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 04, 2013 14:39 |  #26

Glad you are alive; these things can go South quickly

Brad
Canon 5D III | 24-105 | 28-300 | 70-200 2.8 | 24 TS II

Apanther
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 09, 2013 11:52 as a reply to  @ bpietrzak's post |  #27

I'm not sure about NJ, but I live in Louisiana and this is one of many reasons I conceal carry.

I'm the same way. There are too many d-bags, thugs and crazy folks out here. Plus, I like to get off the beaten path to shoot. I carry my security with me. I'm in Virginia BTW.

cdiver2
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 09, 2013 12:51 |  #28

Not sure if its the same but hear in Florida I had my car broken into and a GPS stolen. On talking to the DA he said he was going to make him pay. A four year old GPS $350. I got the money and a bought a brand new up to date GPS

sponsored links

4,889 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shooting Lightning and some guys attacked me.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.