Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Jul 2013 (Sunday) 02:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Luma Cinch vs Carry Speed FS-Slim

Fstop ­ Blues
27 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 21, 2013 02:25 |  #1

Hi all,
I'm trying to decide between these two straps. I'm leaning towards the Cinch as it seems better constructed, with higher quality materials and a safer attachment system. I also appreciate the non flashy look.
However, from what I gather, the Carry Speed has the advantage when it comes to comfort & usage; the shoulder strap looks more padded but more importantly - the shoulder strap remains in place when you swing the camera into shooting position. I'm not sure how inconvenient this is with the Cinch?

Any input from users of either strap would be appreciated.
Thanks

sponsored links
Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 21, 2013 02:44 |  #2

I use a Cinch v1. The strap does move when you bring the camera up to shoot, but that is not an inconvenience since you just move it back when you put the camera down. The comfort level is great, the material is soft and stretchy, which means you don't feel any "bite" from it at all.

I haven't used the CS.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

brantfordbandit
504 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 21, 2013 20:20 as a reply to  @ Sirrith's post |  #3

love my carryspeed, used a black rapid a while ago and found it kept slidding off my shoulder. The carryspeed doesn't budge an inch, and the neoprene pad offer's some shock absortion as well.

canonguy

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 21, 2013 21:33 |  #4

Fstop Blues wrote in post #16139214 (external link)
Hi all,
I'm trying to decide between these two straps. I'm leaning towards the Cinch as it seems better constructed, with higher quality materials and a safer attachment system. I also appreciate the non flashy look.
However, from what I gather, the Carry Speed has the advantage when it comes to comfort & usage; the shoulder strap looks more padded but more importantly - the shoulder strap remains in place when you swing the camera into shooting position. I'm not sure how inconvenient this is with the Cinch?

Any input from users of either strap would be appreciated.
Thanks

Not really sure why the shoulder strap remaining in place when you swing the camera into shooting position is important and/or more convenient? Also, the Cinch is plenty comfortable and easy to use... and seems to be WAY simpler in it's design (a positive IMO) vs the Carry Speed.

Fstop ­ Blues
THREAD ­ STARTER
27 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 21, 2013 23:49 |  #5

xeodragon wrote in post #16141652 (external link)
Not really sure why the shoulder strap remaining in place when you swing the camera into shooting position is important and/or more convenient?

Because it's one less adjustment you have to worry about after taking a shot. Not a big deal but I see it as an advantage. Actually, if I remember correctly, wasn't it the main selling pitch of the original Luma loop - not having the strap drag along with your camera when you take a picture?

Raistlin
63 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 21, 2013 23:50 |  #6

I just got the FS Slim and I think it is a very good sling, strap is comfy and stays in place. I like the position of the camera while it is at your side and I found that I didn't even need to tighten the strap to keep it steady.

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 22, 2013 02:29 |  #7

Fstop Blues wrote in post #16141958 (external link)
Because it's one less adjustment you have to worry about after taking a shot. Not a big deal but I see it as an advantage. Actually, if I remember correctly, wasn't it the main selling pitch of the original Luma loop - not having the strap drag along with your camera when you take a picture?

Hmmm not sure re: the original Luma Loop, but the moving strap on the Cinch has not been a problem. Not sure about what others do, but I hardly adjust anything on my Cinch, not even between taking a shot and carrying it at my side (don't mind the length staying the same throughout the motion).

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 23, 2013 10:37 |  #8

xeodragon wrote in post #16141652 (external link)
Not really sure why the shoulder strap remaining in place when you swing the camera into shooting position is important and/or more convenient? Also, the Cinch is plenty comfortab. and easy to use... and seems to be WAY simpler in it's design (a positive IMO) vs the Carry Speed.

I prefer the sling straps that stay in place while bringing the camera back and forth between my eye and hip. Sling straps that slide themselves always mess up my shirt and I have to readjust between shots .

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 23, 2013 12:28 |  #9

v35skyline wrote in post #16146309 (external link)
I prefer the sling straps that stay in place while bringing the camera back and forth between my eye and hip. Sling straps that slide themselves always mess up my shirt and I have to readjust between shots .

Like the BR? Doesn't the strap move on that one too? Never had a problem with the shirt issue on the Cinch, but I can see it happening depending on how people bring their camera up/down.

sponsored links

1,776 views & 0 likes for this thread
Luma Cinch vs Carry Speed FS-Slim
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.