Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 22 May 2013 (Wednesday) 12:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2014 Cayman Launch Party

weavedesigns
179 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 22, 2013 12:29 |  #1

Hey everyone! I wanted to get some feedback on my most recent video, mostly because I've never done an event like this before. I shot a launch party for a local Porsche dealership last week, and plan to do more but want to definitely get better! I know there is plenty room for improvement but what do you all think?

https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=kNN31owUGfw (external link)

6D - T3i - 18-135 - 17-50 2.8 - 50 1.8 - 24-105L
Vimeo (external link)
Youtube (external link)

sponsored links
John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

May 23, 2013 11:32 |  #2

I thought it was very good but probably twice as long as it should have been. If you had brought Ray in earlier he could have talked over a lot of the footage which was starting to drag.

Some of the shots were a bit iffy focus wise and probably should have been left out and the jib work all became a little over powering after a bit.

You weren't really best placed for the big reveal and the first shots of the car unvield should have shown the car unobscured by its open boot/trunk.

You didn't really show Ray to his best. He came over as a bit stand offish. He might have been better in a more relaxed, open pose perhaps sitting on the edge of his desk. Putting him behind a desk puts a barrier between him and his customers which introduces a bad subliminal message.

The whole thing seemed a bit drab and could have benefited from zesting up a bit in post.

Finally, be very careful using the Porsche logo. As a former Director of Porsche Club GB I know that Porsche guard their intellectual property with Teutonic efficiency. Unless you have express permission to use the badge then don't. I used to get around that by filming the badge on things rather than use a logo graphic.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

marcwilliams88
407 posts
Joined Aug 2011

May 24, 2013 05:54 as a reply to  @ John Sims's post |  #3

not bad, not bad at all

What was your setup and kit used?

Hot Picsel Photography | Portfolio here... (external link)
flickr (external link) | Canon EOS 7D | EF 24-70 f/4L | EF-S 24 f/2.8 STM | EF 70-200 f/4L | Full kit list

...the camera takes an image, imagination makes the photograph

weavedesigns
THREAD ­ STARTER
179 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 26, 2013 11:43 |  #4

John Sims wrote in post #15959929 (external link)
I thought it was very good but probably twice as long as it should have been. If you had brought Ray in earlier he could have talked over a lot of the footage which was starting to drag.

Some of the shots were a bit iffy focus wise and probably should have been left out and the jib work all became a little over powering after a bit.

You weren't really best placed for the big reveal and the first shots of the car unvield should have shown the car unobscured by its open boot/trunk.

You didn't really show Ray to his best. He came over as a bit stand offish. He might have been better in a more relaxed, open pose perhaps sitting on the edge of his desk. Putting him behind a desk puts a barrier between him and his customers which introduces a bad subliminal message.

The whole thing seemed a bit drab and could have benefited from zesting up a bit in post.

Finally, be very careful using the Porsche logo. As a former Director of Porsche Club GB I know that Porsche guard their intellectual property with Teutonic efficiency. Unless you have express permission to use the badge then don't. I used to get around that by filming the badge on things rather than use a logo graphic.

Thanks for the input

marcwilliams88 wrote in post #15962433 (external link)
not bad, not bad at all

What was your setup and kit used?

Thanks, I used a canon 6D/24-104 lens with a flycam for most of the shots

6D - T3i - 18-135 - 17-50 2.8 - 50 1.8 - 24-105L
Vimeo (external link)
Youtube (external link)

TheFloridaShooter
713 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 24, 2013 12:38 |  #5

Nice job! I just purchased a 2014 Cayman S

1Dx MKII | 1Dx | 5D MKIV | 5D MKIII | 5Ds r | 5Ds | 7D MKII | 7D | G16 | G3x | EOS M & M3 | 800 f5.6 | 600 f4 | 400 f2.8 | 300 f2.8 | 200-400 f4 | 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 II x 2 | 70-200 f2.8 | 14 f2.8 II | 50 f1.2 | 50 1.4 | 85 f1.2 | 135 f2 | 24-70 f2.8 II | 11-24 f4 | 35 f1.4 II | Pentax 645Z | SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL | Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 200mm f/4 IF | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 300mm f/4 ED IF | SMC FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED IF Lens

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jul 26, 2013 11:22 |  #6

Cool Vid....I question why the dealership decided to unveil the car with synchronized dancing tho?....kinda weird.

sponsored links

1,167 views & 0 likes for this thread
2014 Cayman Launch Party
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.