Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 22 Jul 2013 (Monday) 15:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FULL FRAME Lens Quality on Crop DSLR

this thread is locked
ZIM ­ SOGEN
THREAD ­ STARTER
317 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 26, 2013 17:11 |  #211
bannedPermanent ban

Sigh, i should have never bothered with those who I blocked in the first place, your advice is just that your advice, it wont change my photography.

To the few of you who know I blocked you, know this, like every one here they can say anything they think is true, whether or not you have experience, I dont have to believe you until you show me proof!!!!

And Mackeral, you have have posted pics on other threads, you never posted any here, and you havnt linked me to any of your post.

All you have done is arrogantly damed my opinions and ideas!!! I wish the op had the power to block you from this thread!

I am THE GOD of ALL that EXIST! My Greatest Enemy is HUMANITY!!!

sponsored links
DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,381 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 26, 2013 17:16 |  #212

i don't think the advice to buy the 20D was about experimenting...it was about learning...you buy that camera and lens, and use it for a year, or however long it takes you to save...you're getting experience under your belt, and actually learning...once you save up for the camera you truly want, you can sell the 20D and lens...honestly you would probably break even...or go up or down $50...so in the end you gain practical real world photography experience...and continue to save for what you want

also if you want the thread shut down pm a mod...

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 26, 2013 17:33 |  #213
bannedPermanent ban

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16156520 (external link)
Sigh, i should have never bothered with those who I blocked in the first place, your advice is just that your advice, it wont change my photography.

To the few of you who know I blocked you, know this, like every one here they can say anything they think is true, whether or not you have experience, I dont have to believe you until you show me proof!!!!

And Mackeral, you have have posted pics on other threads, you never posted any here, and you havnt linked me to any of your post.

All you have done is arrogantly damed my opinions and ideas!!! I wish the op had the power to block you from this thread!

Why would I post pictures here?

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16155711 (external link)
I agree with this label.
I am an enthuisiast at what I do, even if I end up buying a consumer model XXXD I would still take the best pictures I can with it when i buy the best lenses I can afford!

The bolded is amazing.

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

morph2_7
Goldmember
1,112 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jul 26, 2013 17:46 |  #214

Troll alert! Look at it, a short moment without replies, he went berserk. OP is crying for attention. Don't feed the troll. He's not going to stop posting.

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 26, 2013 17:50 |  #215
bannedPermanent ban

morph2_7 wrote in post #16156571 (external link)
Troll alert! Look at it, a short moment without replies, he went berserk. OP is crying for attention. Don't feed the troll. He's not going to stop posting.

I don't expect nor want him to stop posting. I just don't get what he's after at all. It's not advice that's for sure. Maybe just assurances that he's picking the right gear ( who really knows as he's never tried to figure that out) to buy in a few years when decides to embark on the hobby/journey of photo-taking.

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

ZIM ­ SOGEN
THREAD ­ STARTER
317 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 26, 2013 18:18 |  #216
bannedPermanent ban

DreDaze wrote in post #16156526 (external link)
i don't think the advice to buy the 20D was about experimenting...it was about learning...you buy that camera and lens, and use it for a year, or however long it takes you to save...you're getting experience under your belt, and actually learning...once you save up for the camera you truly want, you can sell the 20D and lens...honestly you would probably break even...or go up or down $50...so in the end you gain practical real world photography experience...and continue to save for what you want

also if you want the thread shut down pm a mod...

Its still a waste of my money regardless of the purpose, and even if I decided to buy it now I cant get it imported without 38% tax and duty, making it an even bigger waste of my money!

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,381 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 26, 2013 18:22 |  #217

i'm done...good luck

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 26, 2013 18:25 |  #218
bannedPermanent ban

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16156642 (external link)
Its still a waste of my money regardless of the purpose, and even if I decided to buy it now I cant get it imported without 38% tax and duty, making it an even bigger waste of my money!

It's a waste of your money to start taking photos now and not in a year or two?

-Utter Bull

Simpleboy
197 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 26, 2013 18:48 |  #219

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16156520 (external link)
... it wont change my photography.

But from all you've said, you don't do photography....

Just saying.

ZIM ­ SOGEN
THREAD ­ STARTER
317 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 26, 2013 19:09 |  #220
bannedPermanent ban

OOooooooooooohhhhhhhhh​hhhh, sigh, I know what happened, I should have ignored and blocked those trouble makers before they got to me!!!!

ZIM ­ SOGEN
THREAD ­ STARTER
317 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 26, 2013 19:15 |  #221
bannedPermanent ban

I am glad some of you still try to advise me, this thread is done!!!! Mackeral like all the arrogant people wont see his foolishness!!!!!

Ohh wait, Makeral's avatar is himself sitting on a throne, that explains his attitude!!

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jul 26, 2013 19:18 |  #222
bannedPermanent ban

How much do you have saved up?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Utter Bull

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 26, 2013 19:58 |  #223

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16156642 (external link)

Zim - do you have people locally who sell used dSLR's? You wouldn't have to pay import taxes and you might even get to try it before you buy it. That would be a nice way to ease into things without major expense.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

ZIM ­ SOGEN
THREAD ­ STARTER
317 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 26, 2013 20:08 |  #224
bannedPermanent ban

sapearl wrote in post #16156881 (external link)
Zim - do you have people locally who sell used dSLR's? You wouldn't have to pay import taxes and you might even get to try it before you buy it. That would be a nice way to ease into things without major expense.

Every thing that comes into my country is charged VAT & DUTY, that includes what businesses buy, I checked with the only store in my country in the neighboring Island Trinidad, and their prices are just about as much as if I myself bought and ship it to my country!!!

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
16,343 posts
Gallery: 152 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 26, 2013 20:15 |  #225

ZIM SOGEN wrote in post #16156903 (external link)
Every thing that comes into my country is charged VAT & DUTY, that includes what businesses buy, I checked with the only store in my country in the neighboring Island Trinidad, and their prices are just about as much as if I myself bought and ship it to my country!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, but what I meant was are there any private individuals, pro's or other hobbyists that sometimes sell their gear? That is quite common here, and I don't believe that would be subject to the same taxation, if any at all?

Are there colleges, art schools or universities close by? Where I live students are always selling gear. Often it is quite new having only be used for a class or just a year. They're sometimes happy to let it go at a great price.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

sponsored links

26,943 views & 0 likes for this thread
FULL FRAME Lens Quality on Crop DSLR
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.