Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 29 Jul 2013 (Monday) 08:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Newbie Question

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
10,914 posts
Joined May 2003

Jul 29, 2013 10:50 |  #16

To get the most recent versions of all the software and firmware go to http://www.usa.canon.c​om …bel_t3i_18_55mm​_is_ii_kit (external link). Click on Drivers and Software then select the Operating System details. Then click on Software. The list will expand and you will see an item called EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.1A for Windows. That is the complete software bundle up to date as of 5/8/13. Except for the potential your disk is out of date, this will provide all the software but it is 142 MB so a big download.

You also notice that Firmware was an option. Check your manual on how to how to get the version of firmware in the camera. The most up to date appears to be 1.0.2.

Under Brochures & Manuals, you find PDF files for the software manuals. For instance the manual for the Digital Photo Professional, often called "DPP" is available for download.

ScullenCrossBones
842 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 29, 2013 12:59 |  #17

Dropbox is a service that lets you upload files such as photos, music etc to a server and then share them with certain specific people you know. The basic service is free.

Dropbox.com

:p Gear
Mama done took my Kodachrome away...

luvdsny
THREAD ­ STARTER
32 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jul 29, 2013 14:36 |  #18

NemethR wrote in post #16163229 (external link)
Question is:

How many files you try to send?!
For example if you are senging 1, 2, 3, 4 files, and use for instance gmail, it should be fine, as gmail lets you send files as big as 25MB (in total)

Now keep in mind, that some e-mail providers don't allow for such sizes, and even if you can send the mail, it might return to you saying, the file is too big.

What I use is:
https://www.wetransfer​.com (external link)

You can send files up to 2GB, and they keep the files for 14 days, and you have enough time to download them.

NemethR - I am only attaching one photo and it is 7.44MB.

John from PA wrote in post #16163309 (external link)
Luvdsny, the manuals for the software are also on the CD. Having said that your CD likely has versions of software that are out of date as will be the manuals. You can go to the Canon website and get newer versions of everything.

John - Thank you will check the CD's for instruction or update if needed. Thank you!

Gregg.Siam wrote in post #16163366 (external link)
If you can't attach a pic, try with a smaller image. Right click on any picture and check the size. A 1-2MB jpg should easily attach.

For testing, grab any image and try to attach it.

It sounds like a few different possibilities
1. you image might be too large (doubtful if shooting jpg and not attaching multiple images)
2. your network connection is really slow and it times out
3. your mail provider is having issues
4. maybe the way you are attaching the image

If you can attach a test image that is small. Try attaching by clicking the attachment icon (not dragging and dropping) and see what happens.

Just to clear things up, the Canon software have nothing to do with email or attaching. Once you have a .jpf file, it doesn't matter what software you use to transfer it in any manner.

Gregg.Siam - Thank you for your help, I will say we are away from home and the internet we are using is REALLY slow, this might be my issue. I feel like I am using the original dial up.:rolleyes: I will try at home and see if this might make the difference, if not I will refer back to this thread.

Thank you all for tips and suggestions! Love these boards.:D

- Melissa
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - Unknown.
Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Kit Lens EF-S 18-55mm and 55 -250mm lens. EF 50mm lens.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,694 views & 0 likes for this thread
Newbie Question
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.