Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Jul 2013 (Saturday) 23:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tripod: Tried Manfrotto, not satisfied; where to from there?

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 28, 2013 15:56 |  #16

Simon_Gardner wrote in post #16160989 (external link)
Just to say that Gitzo service in the UK is first class and ever helpful.

+1
Also, in my experience, Gitzo tripods are much cheaper Here too. Well mine certainly were - I couldn't afford the copies!

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

Snydremark
THREAD ­ STARTER
my very own Lightrules moment
18,494 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 28, 2013 20:10 |  #17

Yes, but uprooting my family and moving to the UK seems a tad over-reactive for solving my problem :D

peter_n wrote in post #16161076 (external link)
I'd like to make a distinction between CRIS in Arizona who now do the actual service work on the Gitzo tripods here and Manfrotto Distribution in New Jersey. CRIS are responsive, Manfrotto Distribution in NJ are not.

This statement gives me *some* measure of hope. I went into my local camera shop to talk to my folks there and they gave me the number for CRIS, suggesting I give them a call and see if I can get any movement that way.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 29, 2013 03:44 |  #18

As I've found Manfrotto here as well. Sad that their US operation is failing.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Photo123abc
236 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 30, 2013 11:18 |  #19

I would recommend Benro, worth checking out. Expecialy carbon fibre models are in my opinion exelent.

You are what you eat - I dont remember eating a photographer.

johnf3f
Goldmember
4,091 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 30, 2013 14:12 |  #20

Photo123abc wrote in post #16166629 (external link)
I would recommend Benro, worth checking out. Expecialy carbon fibre models are in my opinion exelent.

I had a look at the Benro BRC3770T, as it is a direct equivalent of my Gitzo 3530LS. It looks like a nice piece of kit but is 30GBP more expensive than my Gitzo was (3 years ago admittedly) so I think I made the right choice.

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,749 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tripod: Tried Manfrotto, not satisfied; where to from there?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.