Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 30 Jul 2013 (Tuesday) 10:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Adoramapix prepaid print baloney

this thread is locked
KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 31, 2013 22:47 |  #16

Umm... Where's Helen on this?

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

sponsored links
StarJack
606 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Aug 01, 2013 01:14 |  #17

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,
Steve

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 01, 2013 09:57 |  #18

Guys, it was a mailing error.

Please email me, individually so I can clarify : Helen@adorama.com (external link)

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 01, 2013 12:17 |  #19

TA-DA! Helen to the rescue! :)

Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 01, 2013 14:38 |  #20

I'm glad it was just a mailing error/clerical mistake! Sounds like everything is good to go.

Bryan

My Gear List

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 01, 2013 17:47 |  #21

The official AdoramaPix response:

"As you may be aware we recently introduced our Pro membership program and as part of this program we brought back our prepaid program, with expiration dates.

By default our database sent emails to ALL prepaid holders who are not Pro members, stating that their prepaid credits would expire at the end of the calendar year!

If you need more time to use your prepaid print credits we will gladly upgrade your account to Pro membership status, which offers many great additional benefits which you will be able to take advantage of as well.
We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience or frustration this programming error may have caused"

Sincerely,

Adoramapix

So, as I said above; drop me a brief email if you were inadvertently caught up in this - if you are not sending the email from the address you signed up to AdoramaPix with, then please include that in the body of the email.

Helen

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 01, 2013 17:57 |  #22

So if I read that correctly, AdoramaPix is giving free upgrades to Pro because of the snafu?

If so, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Adorama is a top-notch establishment!

Kudos to Adorama & AdoramaPix!

JustinRageth
636 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 02, 2013 10:50 |  #23

Glad I stuck with mpix instead of giving them a whirl.

T4i Gripped, Sigma 17-70mm, 70-200 f/4L, 50mm 1.8
Panasonic TZ5
Flicker (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 02, 2013 11:00 |  #24

JustinRageth wrote in post #16175392 (external link)
Glad I stuck with mpix instead of giving them a whirl.

I'm guessing you didn't read my response? :confused:

For anyone that needs more time to use up their prepaids we are offering free upgrades to a Pro account. This will increase the time available plus you will get all the additional benefits of a Pro account at no extra charge by way of an apology for the confusion caused

Our intention was never to penalize our loyal customers; it was simply a programming error

Pinto
Always in our hearts and minds. R.I.P.
3,124 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Aug 02, 2013 11:49 |  #25

HelenOster wrote in post #16175412 (external link)
I'm guessing you didn't read my response? :confused:

For anyone that needs more time to use up their prepaids we are offering free upgrades to a Pro account. This will increase the time available plus you will get all the additional benefits of a Pro account at no extra charge by way of an apology for the confusion caused

Our intention was never to penalize our loyal customers; it was simply a programming error

My reading of the new policy is that the prepaid prints originally purchased with no expiration date will now be upgraded to a Pro account but the purchase license still has been changed to include an expiration date. Is that correct?

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 02, 2013 14:37 |  #26

Helen, what about people who bought into your pro account for full price? then you offer it for half price, now you are saying those w/prepaids will be getting free pro accounts....

adoramapix is going to lose my business eventually and i do way more biz w/ you guys than the average person.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 02, 2013 15:27 |  #27

Pinto wrote in post #16175550 (external link)
My reading of the new policy is that the prepaid prints originally purchased with no expiration date will now be upgraded to a Pro account but the purchase license still has been changed to include an expiration date. Is that correct?

That is how I am reading into this too, but I am awaiting the final details from the manager that Helen forwarded my inquiry to.

It's very kind of them to offer a free Pro account that comes with additional features, but my real concern is this doesn't solve the problem: I will still have an expiration date for prints that I bought with the license/agreement that there will be no expiration date. To better illustrate, if they are simply giving people a free one-year subscription to a Pro account, then in 16 months I will still need to have used all of my pre-paids or I will have to pay money to continue on with the Pro account and not lose my pre-paids. You see, this may not be a big deal for those with just a few pre-paids on their account, but there are folks out there that really stocked up (especially on large prints) and unless you're a full-time business, someone is not going to use all of those large prints up that quickly.

Simply put: pre-paids prints that were purchased with no expiration date need to remain that way, or a full refund/credit should be given.

But perhaps that is what Adorama is doing. Adorama is a great company with excellent customer service, so I'm confident they'll sort this out. I will wait and see what they say, and then post in this thread to let everyone know what I find out.

Bryan

My Gear List

Fernando
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 02, 2013 16:55 |  #28

AdoramaPix is the only part of Adorama I had been using lately. I seriously considered the pre-paid option when it came out but decided against it for a variety of reasons. Kind of glad I did.

Hope it works out for everybody. Hope the "make it right" part of the scenario was already in the works before the public outcry. Otherwise it's just business as usual.

-F

Fuji convert - Ping me if you have any Fuji gear or legacy glass you're moving.

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,722 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 03, 2013 11:10 |  #29

Listen, I got no problem being flamed, but I'll state: Why would anyone prepay for anything nowadays? With technology moving at breakneck speed, what you pay for today is obsolete tomorrow.

Sheesh, that's why I do my own printing I guess.

As to the "cure" posted by Helen, doesn't seem much of one as BigCountry pointed out, with those having paid for the pro status seeing it now being given away for free.

I wonder if there's been a change of ownership/management at Adorama. I've been in there lately and it seems very different, including being open much later on Fridays, their Sabbath. Very strange goings-on.

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 03, 2013 13:23 |  #30

MDJAK wrote in post #16177880 (external link)
I wonder if there's been a change of ownership/management at Adorama. I've been in there lately and it seems very different, including being open much later on Fridays, their Sabbath. Very strange goings-on.

Have no idea about any changes (not that I would), but you may not (or may) realize the Sabbath is based on sundown, so it would stand to reason that they would be open later on Fridays during the summer months. They probably also re-open the website for orders later in the summer, as it also ends based on sundown.

sponsored links

5,995 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama Adoramapix prepaid print baloney
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.