Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
adam ­ LC
Goldmember
2,142 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 01, 2013 19:18 |  #9691

Box Brownie wrote in post #16173846 (external link)
Welcome back to the SE PoTN fold :D

Newer member Radders was asking about the Sigma 300-800 and I recalled that you had one at Donna Nook, pointing him to that trip thread. Did you ever hire that monster lens again???

Ah yes its good to be back.

The sigmonster! What a lens that was. I've not played with it since Donna Nook no. But I will deffo hire it again. Phenomenal lens.

sadly my entire photo collection was lost a couple of years ago. Long story. All I have left are the few I have on facebook albums, which facebook ruined anyway. So now ill have to start again :-)

EOS 6D, 135L, 24-105L, Mamiya RZ67pro2 and lenses :cool:
If you saw a man drowning and could either save him or take a picture...
What kind of film would you use? - Anonymous

sponsored links
Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 02, 2013 10:38 |  #9692

adam LC wrote in post #16173832 (external link)
its been a hell of a long time... and it shows! 16th thread !?!?!?!
I think it was the 8th when i last looked? cant remember. Must be a lot of new members or seriously chatty people lol

Now I have a new 6D and 24-105 + 135L; I can join the club again!

Oh go on then ;)

Your penalty for such lackadaisical behaviour is to post some photos :)

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 02, 2013 10:39 |  #9693

adam LC wrote in post #16173905 (external link)
sadly my entire photo collection was lost a couple of years ago. Long story. All I have left are the few I have on facebook albums, which facebook ruined anyway. So now ill have to start again :-)

Oh crap, how did you manage that?

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

adam ­ LC
Goldmember
2,142 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 02, 2013 13:16 |  #9694

Anke wrote in post #16175359 (external link)
Oh crap, how did you manage that?

:o
It mostly involved moving house and dropping external hard drives. A WD 1tb MyBook isnt as durable as I would've hoped lol. My iMac 2007 HD failed to an unrecoverable level (according to the local computer shop), I wasn't worried as I had it all backed up on the MyBook..... Then I moved house and killed the MyBook.

Whats the best way of backing up? I'm using lightroom now and have no clue about backing up properly.

P.S I'll work on a couple of shots right now, just for the thread.... dont expect prize winning stuff at this point lol

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 02, 2013 13:24 |  #9695

Welcome back Adam, re backing up I use external hard drives backing up to two and keeping one at work in case of a fire, burglary etc

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,188 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 02, 2013 13:34 |  #9696

adam LC wrote in post #16175766 (external link)
:o
It mostly involved moving house and dropping external hard drives. A WD 1tb MyBook isnt as durable as I would've hoped lol. My iMac 2007 HD failed to an unrecoverable level (according to the local computer shop), I wasn't worried as I had it all backed up on the MyBook..... Then I moved house and killed the MyBook.

Whats the best way of backing up? I'm using lightroom now and have no clue about backing up properly.

P.S I'll work on a couple of shots right now, just for the thread.... dont expect prize winning stuff at this point lol

adrian5127 wrote in post #16175779 (external link)
Welcome back Adam, re backing up I use external hard drives backing up to two and keeping one at work in case of a fire, burglary etc

That is a horrible thing to happen especially as you had at least one back up.

Adrian is right about 'offsite' but for me at the moment ~ it is main on internal separate HDD to the one carrying the OS plus a (external) NAS plus one external HDD. I intend to revise that to two external portable HDDs.

Has anyone used the Cloud such as the free Terabyte offered by Flickr???

PS My external HDD is a Freecom Tough drive, portable and designed for a little rough handling..............​.though I would not want to test that aspect of it :lol:

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

adam ­ LC
Goldmember
2,142 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 02, 2013 14:00 |  #9697

You asked; you got..... my first pics for a long long time!
Firstly, the storm clouds from last night and secondly; my 4 month old daughter Ellie :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,188 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 02, 2013 16:07 |  #9698

Well, I almost thought the storm clouds were B&W then realised there was the tiniest splash of blue in the middle.

As for Ellie she is clearly a little charmer and on the surmise it was taken with the 6D the details it has yielded are very good :)

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

adam ­ LC
Goldmember
2,142 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 02, 2013 16:16 |  #9699

Box Brownie wrote in post #16176214 (external link)
Well, I almost thought the storm clouds were B&W then realised there was the tiniest splash of blue in the middle.

As for Ellie she is clearly a little charmer and on the surmise it was taken with the 6D the details it has yielded are very good :)

The focus speed of the 6D and iso are quite frankly amazing to me, although my only comparison is against my old 5D classic. I need to get out and test it properly but first impressions are superb for the price I paid for it.
Thank you for the comments about Ellie, shes the best :)

adam ­ LC
Goldmember
2,142 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 02, 2013 16:18 |  #9700

There was very minimal processing on the cloud shot. I just pressed the auto button in lightroom and it hardly changed. The clouds looked fantastic for about 15min.

FuzzSummit
882 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 03, 2013 01:20 |  #9701

adam LC wrote in post #16175766 (external link)

Sorry to hear that.

I used to backup only to an external NAS drive. But then that drive developed connectivity problems and I couldn't get stuff off it. Plus I realized that backing up to an external drive that was in the same physical location as my computer didn't really protect against physical damage, e.g. theft or natural disasters -- this last threat was a real danger where I lived in Colorado (mountain wildfires were an annual occurrence).

So I got to using Crashplan to back up my main computer + all external drives off-site. Now I don't even have to think about it -- automatically backs everything up without needing any input from me.

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link) || Facebook (external link) ||Blog (external link) ||
Canon 6D || Canon 16-35/2.8 | Canon 35/1.4 | Canon 50/1.4 | Canon 70-200/2.8 | Sigma 85/1.4

Richard1959
Goldmember
1,111 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 03, 2013 02:34 |  #9702

adam LC wrote in post #16176234 (external link)
The focus speed of the 6D and iso are quite frankly amazing to me, although my only comparison is against my old 5D classic. I need to get out and test it properly but first impressions are superb for the price I paid for it.

I agree the 6D is a bonkers camera it will almost take a picture of a black cat in a coal hole at night

Sometimes I take good photos other times !!!!
EOS 5DMkiv EF100-400L f4.5-5.6, EF24-105L f4, EF16-35L f4 EF50 1:1.8 II, EF28 1:2.8 & 580EXII and some triggers. Lightroom & Photoshop CC

My Flickr (external link)

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 03, 2013 04:14 |  #9703

FuzzSummit wrote in post #16177177 (external link)
So I got to using Crashplan to back up my main computer + all external drives off-site. Now I don't even have to think about it -- automatically backs everything up without needing any input from me.

I want to use something like that but until i can get a faster internet connection i will have to wait:(

Fingers crossed for the weather today, off to dodgy Dartford to do a wedding with Rich

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 03, 2013 04:28 |  #9704

Morning all,

I need some input if possible please. I'm looking at buying a second body very soon, looking at second hand 50D's or a 7D, but I can't make my mind up. Obviously it'll be for shooting Aviation and with the soon to be purchase of a Sigma 50-500, I'm looking for something where I can crop in too, as this is where my 1D2 struggles at the moment with only 8MP. I've got the money now for a 50D but I haven't for the 7D, so it would mean waiting a bit longer.....Is the 7D worth that extra wait?

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 03, 2013 04:29 |  #9705

adam LC wrote in post #16173905 (external link)
Ah yes its good to be back.

The sigmonster! What a lens that was. I've not played with it since Donna Nook no. But I will deffo hire it again. Phenomenal lens.

A shame you've lost the photos I would of liked to have seen, unless you have a link to the FB albums? :)

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

sponsored links

883,074 views & 2 likes for this thread
The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.