Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 06 Aug 2013 (Tuesday) 11:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

70d

suppyx
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 06, 2013 11:16 |  #1

does anyone know when the pre orders will arrive i know its september but is it in the first week or last week i need a new camera by the first week!

sponsored links
Shane ­ W
839 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 06, 2013 11:20 |  #2

Tough luck then! There is quite a long thread discussing this camera a couple lines down below this one... I'm sure your answer is in there...

Shane W

70D | Sig 10-20 | EF-S 15-85 | EF 70-200 2.8L | Sig 150-500 | Viv 28 2.5 | Sig 30 | Tak 50 1.4 [COLOR=blue]| EF 100 2.8 Macro | 1.4x TC | Nodal Ninja 3 | Tripods | Some Flashes | My flickr  (external link)

suppyx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 06, 2013 11:29 |  #3

if you know the answer why dont you just say it?

12Rock
622 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 06, 2013 11:30 |  #4

good point , help a brother out !

suppyx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 06, 2013 12:11 |  #5

so yeah if anyone knows or thinks they know can you let me know on here i dont wanna go thru 50 plug pages looking for it

12Rock
622 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 06, 2013 12:30 |  #6

I just got off with B&H photo they said the last week of Sept, with so many pre-orders that if placed now , it certainly would not go out in the first load of shipments .

suppyx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined May 2013

Aug 06, 2013 12:57 as a reply to  @ 12Rock's post |  #7

ohh alright thank you!
i was gonna go thru bestbuy maybe that can get if faster

Shane ­ W
839 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 06, 2013 14:29 |  #8

I'm sorry if you took my reply as rude, as it wasnt meant to be. I myself did not go through the other threads regarding the 70D but was trying to help you out by letting you know your question's answer most likely has already been posted. I know I hate to wait for others to chime in while I impatiently wait for a reply to a post, so I find using the forum search tools to find the answer very quickly, a huge help! You'll see the pull-down box at the top of most pages.

Shane W

70D | Sig 10-20 | EF-S 15-85 | EF 70-200 2.8L | Sig 150-500 | Viv 28 2.5 | Sig 30 | Tak 50 1.4 [COLOR=blue]| EF 100 2.8 Macro | 1.4x TC | Nodal Ninja 3 | Tripods | Some Flashes | My flickr  (external link)

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,827 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 06, 2013 14:44 |  #9

If you absolutely need a new camera by the beginning of September I think trying to pick up a 70D by then is risky. Canon has a long history of spreading out the cameras into many markets at once thus giving retailers only a few to play with. Some of the earl ones stay in store as demos, others get sent out to pre-order customers and a scant few are sold openly on a first come, first serve basis.

Even if Canon does start shipping by early September, the odds that you can get hold of one of the first bodies is low.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 06, 2013 15:05 |  #10

gjl711 wrote in post #16186222 (external link)
If you absolutely need a new camera by the beginning of September I think trying to pick up a 70D by then is risky. Canon has a long history of spreading out the cameras into many markets at once thus giving retailers only a few to play with. Some of the earl ones stay in store as demos, others get sent out to pre-order customers and a scant few are sold openly on a first come, first serve basis.

Even if Canon does start shipping by early September, the odds that you can get hold of one of the first bodies is low.

Word. If they start in early Sept, I wouldn't expect the supply chain to start to fatten up with supply for a month after that, the 70d looks like it will be pretty popular.

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 06, 2013 16:55 as a reply to  @ BrickR's post |  #11

When it was announced they said Sept 15. According to the canon usa site they say estimated ship date of Sept 23. Hope this helps.

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

12Rock
622 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 10, 2013 19:09 |  #12

I expect to take a hit on this , as I was Duped once before . Just was told by a guy that is big in the Busn of Photography that they may start shipping by the end of this month(Aug 2013). . I did a security gig for the guy on Thurs & asked him about the 70d , he told me he would get back to me and he e-mailed me Saturday morning advising of this .

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Aug 10, 2013 21:42 |  #13

suppyx wrote in post #16185687 (external link)
does anyone know when the pre orders will arrive i know its september but is it in the first week or last week i need a new camera by the first week!

rent if you really need one, then wait a few weeks

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,956 views & 0 likes for this thread
70d
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.