Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 10 Jan 2006 (Tuesday) 14:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Boston POTN Meet (2)

this thread is locked
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,663 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2013 13:12 |  #8836

That Honda Fit certainly can get you into trouble ;)

Lucky you!

SmugMug (external link)

sponsored links
Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,744 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 09, 2013 13:50 |  #8837

Getting arrested for going 122 mph is actually an enforcement of 'Reckless Driving', if memory serves. I think that getting arrested for speeding really does depend on just how dangerous the act was. What I was getting things confused with was if you are doing double the speed limit, you risk losing your drivers license for a period of time (depending on the number of violations). I'm checking this to confirm but that sounds much more like it.

So far, all I've found is that if you get three tickets in a year you lose your license for 30 days.

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

Harm
48,663 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2013 13:57 |  #8838

I93 NB shutdown - truck crash overhanging (only by a few ft) just after Zakim bridge

SmugMug (external link)

Harm
48,663 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2013 14:03 |  #8839

http://twitpic.com/d7d​dt4 (external link)

SmugMug (external link)

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,623 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Aug 09, 2013 14:35 |  #8840

Whoa.... Nice angle on that pic. Glad I'm way down here not dealing with that.... Hey isn't that near where that boston Globe truck went over?

scotteisenphotography
Never been blessed
4,147 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 09, 2013 14:35 |  #8841

I got pulled over doing 105mph on 95S by a statie...I got a verbal (yelling) warning..I was...very lucky.

2X Canon 1Dx|Canon 1D Mark IV|Canon 5D Mark III|14mm 2.8L II|16-35mm 2.8L II|24mm 1.4L II|35mm 1.4L|50mm 1.2L |85mm 1.2L II|70-200 2.8L IS|200mm 2.0L IS|300mm 2.8L IS|400mm 2.8L IS|800mm 5.6L IS| 580EX II| 600EX RT II|

remotehuman
I'm not into that
875 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 09, 2013 15:08 |  #8842

I've never been let off by a statie with less than at least one infraction on a ticket. I have a folder full of tickets and court appeals for every single one. The ticket I was talking about earlier the statie got ahead of me and shut down RT 1 northbound in like Chelsea or Revere to cause a roadblock so I couldn't get by. I was yelled at for about 10 minutes on how unsafe I was and racing is dangerous bla bla bla people die so on so fourth. It ended up being around $550 for the ticket. Lane violation, failure to signal, and the speed. Got it knocked down to $200

Oh and he was accusing me of racing an SUV. I wasn't racing and I was going like 65 at most lol. I couldn't get over 75 because of a leak in one of my charge pipes, boost wouldn't build too high.

5D4 - 5D - X100V - TS-E 24 3.5L II - 16-35 2.8L III - 24-70 2.8L II - 70-200 2.8L IS II
flickr (external link)

Harm
48,663 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2013 15:27 |  #8843

symbolphoto wrote in post #16194648 (external link)
Whoa.... Nice angle on that pic. Glad I'm way down here not dealing with that.... Hey isn't that near where that boston Globe truck went over?

I didn't take the shot, the Boston fire people did after they shut 93NB. A couple of lanes must be open now.

I get the T. They had fire trucks down by he cement works by where we go for those Boston train shots as parts and railing must have fallen down there.

Got to pick up misses from Logan in a wee bit - at least her flight was delayed an hour so less mess to deal with!

SmugMug (external link)

594 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 09, 2013 15:41 |  #8844

scotteisenphotography wrote in post #16194650 (external link)
I got pulled over doing 105mph on 95S by a statie...I got a verbal (yelling) warning..I was...very lucky.

Very lucky indeed, or just lucky to have been caught within Mass ;)

--Jamie
Canon 1DX/Canon 16-35 2,8L/Canon 70-200 4L IS/Canon 24 1,4L II/Canon 50 1,8 II/Canon 15 2,8 Fisheye/
Website (external link) // Facebook Page (external link)

kpratte
260 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2013 16:29 |  #8845

symbolphoto wrote in post #16194443 (external link)
He pulls 45 degrees in front of me and slams on his brakes. I did the same and barely missed hitting him.
Today is your lucky day. I forgot my ticket book at home.

I'm thinking he talked to one of his fellow officers and he explained to him that he was a tad over the top and to let you go to keep him from getting in trouble.. If you had hit his car, it would have been clearly his fault and since it was an unmarked, you can easily claim this psycho was after you and caused an accident.. You could even admit you accidentally cut him off and he went nuts..

- Ken

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,623 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Aug 09, 2013 21:10 |  #8846

Ken, agreed. I talked to a police officer friend of mine and he guessed that the guy was known for being a jerk and nobody would bring him a ticket book, which is what he was probably waiting for.

t3ichef
275 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Aug 11, 2013 07:33 |  #8847

The family of jeff bauman is seeking a professional photographer to attend and shoot a private benefit on september 14th in westford ma. If anyone is interested please pm me asap. The arrangement would be an unpaid donation. Great chance to help out a great cause.

Compact ­ Diss
Goldmember
1,432 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 11, 2013 13:13 |  #8848

t3ichef wrote in post #16198205 (external link)
The family of jeff bauman is seeking a professional photographer to attend and shoot a private benefit on september 14th in westford ma. If anyone is interested please pm me asap. The arrangement would be an unpaid donation. Great chance to help out a great cause.

After the bombing I offered photography services to the FB page that was circulating around for him, no one contacted me besides a few "likes". Even got a message to his sister-in-law, but was told that he was a "private person", so I gave up trying.

Too bad I have broken feet now, but then again, what is the event? Is it going to benefit bombing victims, him?, his family? How is it helping his recovery or do they just need pictures?

Boston Street Photographyexternal link
Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

t3ichef
275 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Aug 11, 2013 13:56 as a reply to  @ Compact Diss's post |  #8849

you have to realize the amount of inquiry taking place after the bombing. Couple that with the fact that jeff was surviving at that point, rather than recovering...

The benefit is going towards jeffs medical bills.

Thanks for the interest. They found two photographers, so it should be well covered.

KhanhD
"I need a grip . . . on my life"
1,523 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 11, 2013 21:38 |  #8850

Has anyone bought a Sigma 50 1.4 lately? I tried buying them a few years ago but kept getting terrible copies. I just sold my 50L to fund a 24-70II, and was considering picking up a Sigma 50 1.4

Khanh Duong | KHDPhoto.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link)
iPhone 5s + Instagram (external link)

sponsored links

676,768 views & 0 likes for this thread
Boston POTN Meet (2)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.