Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 10:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D users, friends and their random OT B.S. (II)

this thread is locked
Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,288 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 12, 2013 13:42 |  #3781

sometimes happens to me if I change something about the bookmark...
but generally I blame communists or aliens... sometime communist aliens...

Phoenixkh wrote in post #16200934 (external link)
OK, here's on odd question: I seem to have lost the POTN icon that used to show up on the top of my mozilla screen... .the little blue camera icon.... in the tab. The is now a white, blank space next to the room thread.

Anyone else experiencing this?

NewCreation wrote in post #16201056 (external link)
That's the favicon. It is placed there by potn. I checked on my mozilla (usually use chrome) and it's there for me. Not sure why it would show for some and not others though.

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 100-400L IS II | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 10-18 IS STM
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

sponsored links
Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,843 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Aug 12, 2013 14:41 |  #3782

thx Brenda and Will.

It's odd. As far as I know, I haven't made any changes and the tab icon has been there since I joined back in 2011. It's only been gone for a week or so.

PS: All the other tabs have the tab icons present.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 12, 2013 14:48 |  #3783

o.o;

yay / nay 5Dc?

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

BurnUnit
847 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Joined May 2012

Aug 12, 2013 22:26 |  #3784

If some of you are still working with just a mouse, you may want to check this out. Depending on the type of work you're doing you might have considered buying a graphics tablet but were put off at the thought of dropping $150, $250 or more on a Wacom. At least that's what I was thinking when my old KB Gear Jam Tablet conked out on me after 8 years or so. :-x

In that case you might want to look into one of these Monoprice graphics tablets.

http://www.monoprice.c​om …1&pn=computer_a​ccessories (external link)

For the most part I'd say don't worry too much about the larger sizes. The tablet doesn't need to be anything near the size of your monitor. My old tablet was a 7x5 and I replaced it with this Monoprice 8x6 and that's about all the desktop space I'm willing to give up. Plus this package comes with an extra stylus and a couple extra replaceable pen tips.

http://www.monoprice.c​om …?p_id=5553&seq=​1&format=2 (external link)

I've never used a Wacom but I can't imagine it working any better than this Monoprice tablet. So far this thing has been working as smooth as butter. It even has a bunch of hotkey buttons and programmable shortcut buttons on it, but I haven't dove that deep into all the options yet. Much better sensitivity than my old tablet and best of all at $42 a whole lot cheaper than a Wacom. :-D

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

"They've introduced a new camera that's so advanced, you don't even need it!"
Steven Wright

CJCMarquez
Cream of the Crop
5,201 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 12, 2013 23:52 |  #3785

Very interesting. Do you already have one of the tablets?

Chad or CJ
Gear/Feedback - 500px (external link) - Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link)

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 12, 2013 23:54 |  #3786

Oh hey it's my tablet, I have the biggest one from Monoprice. It sits with my Pelican cases since I put it away for gaming. ;x

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,288 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 13, 2013 01:18 as a reply to  @ Vixen89's post |  #3787

I use my Wacom Capture for my 99.7% of my needs every week, but I am not yet a fan f using the pen for photo editing work... I find the movements to jerky - not enough control... I rather use my finger for Photoshop Elements 'Content Aware' or Lightroom brush strokes....

I really went 180 degrees on the Wacom tablet thing... 6 months ago I was pretty convinced it was half-baked and not suited to my needs.

I am not attached to Wakom - use what is great quality for the price that suits your needs.

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 100-400L IS II | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 10-18 IS STM

Strontium
Durr?
7,409 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 13, 2013 07:31 |  #3788

Thanks, for this. I had no idea monoprice had something like this. I've always just associated them with really good cables at cost.

BurnUnit wrote in post #16203114 (external link)
If some of you are still working with just a mouse, you may want to check this out. Depending on the type of work you're doing you might have considered buying a graphics tablet but were put off at the thought of dropping $150, $250 or more on a Wacom. At least that's what I was thinking when my old KB Gear Jam Tablet conked out on me after 8 years or so. :-x

In that case you might want to look into one of these Monoprice graphics tablets.

http://www.monoprice.c​om …1&pn=computer_a​ccessories (external link)

For the most part I'd say don't worry too much about the larger sizes. The tablet doesn't need to be anything near the size of your monitor. My old tablet was a 7x5 and I replaced it with this Monoprice 8x6 and that's about all the desktop space I'm willing to give up. Plus this package comes with an extra stylus and a couple extra replaceable pen tips.

http://www.monoprice.c​om …?p_id=5553&seq=​1&format=2 (external link)

I've never used a Wacom but I can't imagine it working any better than this Monoprice tablet. So far this thing has been working as smooth as butter. It even has a bunch of hotkey buttons and programmable shortcut buttons on it, but I haven't dove that deep into all the options yet. Much better sensitivity than my old tablet and best of all at $42 a whole lot cheaper than a Wacom. :-D

I am I

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,216 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 13, 2013 08:21 |  #3789

Well, I finally ordered lightroom. A little late to the party, I know. ;)

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

MikeDee
641 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 13, 2013 08:26 |  #3790

What's the advantage to using a tablet? Can a mouse and tablet be connected at the same time?

80D | M50 | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L II | Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L II | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Ʃ 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM C | Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 | Metz 50 AF-1 | Yongnuo YN 560 III/IV | Flashpoint AD360 | The Rest of My Gear | Flickr (external link)

Kpablo
436 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 13, 2013 08:35 |  #3791

Eek! I got the pancake last night. I love it. I'm actually pretty surprised of the quality.

It's TUESDAY AGAIN! Lets get networking and support each other on my page www.facebook.com/dalla​slilyrosephotography (external link)!

Katie
Dallas Childrens Photography
website (external link) | facebook (external link)

BurnUnit
847 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Joined May 2012

Aug 13, 2013 09:02 |  #3792

CJCMarquez wrote in post #16203295 (external link)
Very interesting. Do you already have one of the tablets?

Yes... Just got it Friday and spent some time working with it over the weekend. Documentation leaves a little to be desired but no problem getting it installed and working on two WinXP desktops. Think it's supposed to work up thru Vista and Win7 and even some Mac platforms.

It won't replace my mouse for every job but works great for brushwork, cloning, masking and isolating. A bit too sensitive by default but the included software allows for easy adjustment. LOL! So much nicer than the old KB Gear Jam Tablet that I'm replacing with it. The stylus finally conked out on it after 8 years! :lol:

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

"They've introduced a new camera that's so advanced, you don't even need it!"
Steven Wright

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 13, 2013 09:55 |  #3793

MikeDee wrote in post #16203961 (external link)
What's the advantage to using a tablet? Can a mouse and tablet be connected at the same time?

The advantage to me is when selecting objects with the lasso. I shoot a lot of cars and I generally sharpen the the whole car or parts of the car that I want to stand out more on a background and selecting those are so easy with a tablet. It is also great for doing brush work because it's pressure sensitive I'm not constantly changing the size of the brush I just press a little harder or softer.

Yes you can mouse at the same time as long as you have enough USB ports.

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)
www.infinite-garage.com (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,291 posts
Gallery: 444 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 13, 2013 10:22 |  #3794

Tablet is good for skin retouching because the pen is pressure sensitve. It's like real brush.

If i'm not retouching i'm using my mouse. Yes you can connect both. Just make sure the pen is not on the tablet when using mouse.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIV/A73//A6000/FDR-X3000 | Sigma105 | FE1635F4 } Tamron 17-28 Tamron 28-75 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,288 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 13, 2013 10:24 |  #3795

Kpablo wrote in post #16203979 (external link)
It's TUESDAY AGAIN! Lets get networking and support each other on my page www.facebook.com/dalla​slilyrosephotography (external link)!

I gave out 47 likes at one of your networking things and I got about 13 in return... I'm sure it works fabulous for you though

sponsored links

721,522 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D users, friends and their random OT B.S. (II)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.