Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 18 Aug 2013 (Sunday) 20:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

my cousin divorced!

Sens0r
90 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Aug 19, 2013 14:41 as a reply to  @ post 16221816 |  #16

Capitalism in action.. :D

My profile on 500px.com (external link) | Follow me on Instagram (external link)
Canon 600D | Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS II | Canon EF 50mm 1.8 | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD | YN-560II

sponsored links
Gomar
THREAD ­ STARTER
531 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 19, 2013 18:05 |  #17

snerd wrote in post #16220991 (external link)
He's asking your opinion on throwing away the old wedding photos. Comprehension is fundamental.

Thanks. Perhaps readers should read the entire post before posting a reply.

Vote: Keep or trash the wedding photos and videos?

Not to mention the wasted money on the divorce itself, lawyers, property, debts. Ifcourse, the now happily divorced cousin shall be removing her husband's name from all her IDs, forms, bank accounts, etc.

Gomar
THREAD ­ STARTER
531 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 19, 2013 18:13 |  #18

Elusivesouls wrote in post #16220998 (external link)
for as long as we both shall live." went right over her head during the ceremony.

As it does for %52 of married folks in America.

It would be interesting if her parents still keep all the wedding shots around the house.

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 19, 2013 18:42 |  #19

Gomar wrote in post #16222501 (external link)
Vote: Keep or trash the wedding photos and videos?

The thing is who here cares what someone else chooses to do in their life?

Anyone in this position will make a personal decision based on their own experiences etc. Who are we to judge what is right or wrong for each individual?

Now if your are meaning to ask what others would do if they got divorced you could have just said... "If you got divorced would you keep or destroy your wedding photos?" and attached a poll. Instead there was a huge amount of totally irrelevant stuff.

I get it though. Every post or topic I've ever seen you post is geared to try and create heated argument and debate.

Peter

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Aug 19, 2013 18:52 |  #20

odd thread. I'd never hang up wedding photos, but if I did I'd take them down now, paint over them or throw them out, but I'd keep album and video for sure, actually would see to get the later digitized. Can't imagine she'd like to visit her folks if wedding photos decorate the halls. But throwing out everything would be shortsighted IMO. I still have photos of me with long hair and ripped jeans around somewhere, LOL

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 20, 2013 12:59 |  #21

Gomar is known to post threads like these...

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,168 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 20, 2013 13:29 as a reply to  @ Red Tie Photography's post |  #22

Heck. I would probably find a way to adhere them to a dartboard and give them to her as a Christmas present. Lots of use for divorced wedding photos.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

highway0691
672 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 21, 2013 09:49 |  #23

I've heard of separation ceremonies, but yet to be asked to photograph one. "now lets get both families together for a nice shot"

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept. Ansell Adams

Ephur
618 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 21, 2013 15:29 |  #24

I dunno... I've been married for 15 years, not all of them easy.. should I end up that route? I might have an initial reaction to go hell bent on destroying the photos... but I'm pretty sure I'd regret it later on. There's still memories there, and where we've been makes us who we are.

DutchinCLE
Goldmember
2,039 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 21, 2013 15:32 |  #25

"College. Wow, what a waste of time and money."

Really?

Bas
Flickr (external link)

Elfstop
720 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 21, 2013 15:38 |  #26

"I say about 80% of weddings I've been to in the last 20 years end in divorce, mostly due to lack of jobs, loss of $ in stocks and real estate."

Add one more reason.....you being there..lol jk.

sgtbueno
807 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 21, 2013 17:54 |  #27

wtf? maybe you should contact Dr Phil, he can help you out with his opinions of what to do with those images. Here we can help you in how to capture those images.

Wedding Photography by Felix Bueno Photography (external link) -- Facebook (external link)
1x Canon 5DIII - 2X Canon 5D Mark II - Sigma 35 1.4 - Sigma 50 1.4 - Sigma 85 1.4 - Canon 85 1.2 - Canon 100L IS - Canon 135L F2 - Canon 16-35L II - Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS - 6X YN600EX-RT -Canon 580EX II X 2- Canon 430EX II X3- Yongnuo YN-565EX - and tons of Radio Poppers :)

Nathan
So boring
7,735 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 22, 2013 15:13 |  #28

I like what was said by someone above: it was part of her life. Keep the photos... for better or worse, at least represent a moment in time when they were all happy. Isn't it better to hold onto to those moments for what they were worth, even if they conjure up bad memories?

To everyone else who judged the bride here - let's remember we're getting a 3rd person account of what happened? There's probably lot more going on causing this divorce than just financial issues. Financial stress can bring out the worst in people and create a permanent change in them - we don't know this couple and we shouldn't comment.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 22, 2013 15:16 |  #29

Really though, this thread was brought up to just stir up controversy. Do you really think the bride in this case is asking Gomar what a photographer forum thinks she should do with her photos?

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 22, 2013 18:28 |  #30

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #16231202 (external link)
Really though, this thread was brought up to just stir up controversy. Do you really think the bride in this case is asking Gomar what a photographer forum thinks she should do with her photos?

Of course it wasn't. It was a Gomar post. We all know what they are all about.

Peter

sponsored links

5,484 views & 0 likes for this thread
my cousin divorced!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.