Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 20 Aug 2013 (Tuesday) 13:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Site is Live!!!

Skillet_ZA
122 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 20, 2013 13:21 |  #1

Hey Guys

Will appreciate all feedback and advice. Please check it out:

www.jacqueswainwright.​com (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5530/9554933137_7fdf385b18_b.jpg

Thanks!

sponsored links
John
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 20, 2013 13:56 |  #2

When I click on "Recent Work" - I can't read a single thing on the page, the text is wayyy too small for me to read.

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,352 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 20, 2013 14:56 |  #3

I'm a photographer and I don't care what kind of camera, lens etc you have....a client certainly doesn't either. I would get rid of that page.

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 20, 2013 18:36 |  #4

I second what Mike said. If you are going to include that content have it buried away somewhere. Not on your main menu as a feature. It says "I have nothing else to put here so I've listed my gear"

Also why does your contact tab only appear on second level pages and not the home page?

Wording for "Featured wedding" suggests you have only shot one. "Compete wedding example" or something like that would be better.

No package information? No prices? Heck you don't even say what genres you do? Is the website merely a showcase for friends and family or is it for business? If it is for business from your home page...

I don't know... what you sell, how to contact you, how much you cost, where you are based, I see you have shot one wedding and I can find out about your kit.

Look at the website from a client's perspective. There is a lot you need to work on.

Peter

pstyle1
317 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 20, 2013 20:41 |  #5

I noticed some grammar issues right off the bat. You might want to go through your text and clean it up.

5D MkIII x2 + a lot of L's.
www.facebook.com/Peyma​nRazaviPhotography (external link)

Salma
POTN is my life
3,822 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 20, 2013 20:43 |  #6

I think the layout is nice and clean, love it.

I own a bunch of Canon stuff and I love taking pictures. Follow me on twitter (external link) :o

Skillet_ZA
THREAD ­ STARTER
122 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 21, 2013 01:52 |  #7

John wrote in post #16224928 (external link)
When I click on "Recent Work" - I can't read a single thing on the page, the text is wayyy too small for me to read.

Hi John. I have no text on that page at all?

Hikin Mike wrote in post #16225095 (external link)
I'm a photographer and I don't care what kind of camera, lens etc you have....a client certainly doesn't either. I would get rid of that page.

Thanks Mike.

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #16225755 (external link)
1. I second what Mike said. If you are going to include that content have it buried away somewhere. Not on your main menu as a feature. It says "I have nothing else to put here so I've listed my gear"

2. Also why does your contact tab only appear on second level pages and not the home page?

3. Wording for "Featured wedding" suggests you have only shot one. "Compete wedding example" or something like that would be better.

4. No package information? No prices? Heck you don't even say what genres you do? Is the website merely a showcase for friends and family or is it for business? If it is for business from your home page...

5. I don't know... what you sell, how to contact you, how much you cost, where you are based, I see you have shot one wedding and I can find out about your kit.

6. Look at the website from a client's perspective. There is a lot you need to work on.

1. I do not have anything else to put so that is exactly my problem at this stage as I am only starting off now. Will get rid of it.

2. What you mentions here worries me. I have tested on a few devices and on all of the browsers and did not come across this. Will you please be so kind as to give me your screen resolution and web browser details?

3. I have only shot that one... Will think of something else.

4. As a rule prices are not listed and only available on request in the wedding market in South Africa.

5. The lack of visibility of my contact page is again a great concern. :(

6. Thanks for the detailed feedback and advice! Really appreciate it.

pstyle1 wrote in post #16226047 (external link)
I noticed some grammar issues right off the bat. You might want to go through your text and clean it up.

:oops: English is not my first language so I will try to get help in sorting this out ASAP.

Salma wrote in post #16226051 (external link)
I think the layout is nice and clean, love it.

Thanks Salma.

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 21, 2013 14:50 |  #8

Here are my thoughts/comments:

1) There is the "Toggle Fullscreen" button on the right of each page that seems to do nothing. I would fix it or get rid of it.
2) As others have mentioned, there are a bunch of grammatical errors.
3) In your Contact Form, there seems to be something wrong with the "Message Type". It shows an email (info@jacqueswainwrigh​t.com) and two blank choices.
4) I would delete the "Gear" page.
5) I'm assuming you're servicing Bloemfontein, South Africa? It's not very clear.

Good luck!

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

saturnin
Goldmember
1,987 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Aug 21, 2013 20:09 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

ooooo you have a 5d mark 3... what does that mean? lol

such a selection of lenses... so much stuff to steal from you....

honestly.. think about it mate.

Like mentioned already, your client doesnt give a crap what you have, but thieves do!

critical thinking mate, use it

:)

http://www.saturninflo​yd.tumblr.com (external link) samples
http://www.asphaltjunk​iez.com (external link) - award winning filmmaker - 3 documentaries done, more to go. I'm not wasting this 1 life.
Gear is gear, gotta do wif what you got! This forum makes me bite my tongue like no other forum i've ever been on :)

c2thew
Goldmember
3,929 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Aug 21, 2013 22:50 |  #10

saturnin wrote in post #16228814 (external link)
ooooo you have a 5d mark 3... what does that mean? lol

such a selection of lenses... so much stuff to steal from you....

honestly.. think about it mate.

Like mentioned already, your client doesnt give a crap what you have, but thieves do!

critical thinking mate, use it

:)

i really don't think that thieves are visiting photographers websites just to see what kind of lenses they can steal from you... that's like someone waiting for you to leave your house by car so you can get rear ended and have the insurance company cover your car damages to get a newer model.

unless you were being sarcastic.

Flickr (external link) |Gear|The-Digital-Picture (external link)|The $6 mic | MAGIC LANTERN (external link) | Welding Filter
Go Support Magic Lantern 2.3!!

Iancentric
714 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 21, 2013 22:59 |  #11

I think you need to dump the gear section as well, it serves no purpose at all.
I find all those little preview circles on the front page, like above, very distracting.I toggled them on/off, maybe off should be default, first impressions are everything
Other that that I like it. It is simple and easy to navigate, there is no annoying music, there are enough images, but not too many.
A couple of little tweaks and I think you have a winner

Ian
Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links

1,530 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Site is Live!!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.