Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Jul 2013 (Tuesday) 13:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Run and gun bag suggestion

dodgyexposure
Goldmember
2,874 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 31, 2013 18:47 |  #16

Kata 3N1 series - can be used as sling or backpack, converts from one to the other quickly and (importantly for speed) without taking it off your back.

Body plus 70-200 2.8 will just fit in my 3N1-20 in terms of length (plus easily accommodates extra lenses, flash etc.) - the 3N1-30 is more roomy.

Cheers, Damien

sponsored links
2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 02, 2013 05:38 |  #17

for this I have
Think Tank Speed Racer very stable, easy to work from. But doesn't carry a lot.
LowePro Flipside Sport 15L
Domke F3X for lightness. F2 for little more gear
Less likely for me, LowePro Pro Messenger 200AW

Dave

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 02, 2013 05:40 |  #18

Of. that Kata torso bag is incredible. Very comfortable. Great access. Good as a sling too, worn behind.

Dave

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 02, 2013 05:41 |  #19

powaysteve wrote in post #16168223 (external link)
Look at the Ultralight Ligh Tri-318 by Kata:
http://www.kata-bags.us …-w-70-200mm-lens-2-lenses (external link)

You can wear it on your chest or your back. It will hold a gripped 5D3 w/70-200 f2.8 IS II and one or two more lenses. If you wear it on your chest you can unzip the bag and pull your camera out to shoot.

This one. Thanks!

Dave

CaliWalkabout
337 posts
Joined May 2010

Aug 02, 2013 16:36 |  #20

I've really liked the Kata Ligh Tri-318 for active uses, although I can't say I've sprinted from one place to another with it. I've ridden a few hundred miles on a bike with it and felt like it was very secure on my back. It takes a little effort to dial in the fit so it's snug on your body, but once you've got it set up it's a pleasure to use. Decent capacity, also.

6D, 17-40L, 24L II, 50L, 100L, 70-300L.

paintcheck
154 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Aug 21, 2013 07:36 |  #21

s.l.k wrote in post #16167029 (external link)
I'm looking for a smallish bag for run and gunning.
I need to be able to carry a 5D3, 70-200 2.8 II, and an extra lens probably 24-70 sized.

The most important thing is I will be doing dead sprints from place to place, and need a bag that won't bounce around at all. I'm leaning towards a sling, but any bag will do.

Any suggestions?

This is what I have. I wear it when I'm shooting paintball events and being able to adjust it tight to the body really helps keep it in place. It also has an extra strap that wraps around to the front to help keep it from sliding forward. Hope this helps.

Lowepro Shoulder bag (external link)

Camera(s): 7D, (wishing for a 5dm3)
Lenses: Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC / Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 / Canon Nifty Fifty / Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5
Cards: 16GB/32Gb SanDisks CF

hotsecretary
157 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 24, 2013 22:40 as a reply to  @ paintcheck's post |  #22

My crumpler 7mdh is doing the job. Don't have the 70-200, but I did and it fit it, use the 24-70 v2 on the 5D and it fits fine with a flash, blower and room for other lens.

5D III | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | 580EX II | Gear | Blog (external link) | Flickr (external link)

s.l.k
THREAD ­ STARTER
143 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 25, 2013 20:33 |  #23

FWIW I ended up with a Think Tank Glass Taxi, drove 2 hours to the nearest retailer but ended up paying only $110 new after a sale, really love the bag so far.

Feedback

sponsored links

4,641 views & 0 likes for this thread
Run and gun bag suggestion
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.