Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,741 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 21, 2013 13:43 |  #2311

I have weird puppies. They decided they like Kale and uprooted, and ate, several Kale plants in the garden. I guess they need the Kale as a salad green to go with the gopher they caught earlier. :rolleyes:

Tim

sponsored links
Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,178 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 21, 2013 14:10 |  #2312

Our Golden Retriever will eat grass till he pukes.

Melody

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 21, 2013 17:25 |  #2313

should be interesting in a few hours Tim...

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,244 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 21, 2013 18:46 |  #2314

It doesn't take me eating much kale before i puke.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,741 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 22, 2013 11:12 |  #2315

Skrim17 wrote in post #16228498 (external link)

Nothing interesting since then. Same old poop.

Tim

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Aug 22, 2013 11:30 |  #2316

We had an interesting late afternoon yesterday our new neighbours Staffordshire Bull Terrier (external link) jumped a 5 foot wooden fence and attacked the puppy. The Staffie had hold of the pup, the pups mum had hold of the staffie, I have broken my toe and finger, I had no shoes on and kicked the dog then I got hold of her collar and twisted it, she dropped the pup and Teresa tried to pick the pup up and instinctively the pup bit Teresa, So off to the hospital for x-rays and tetanus jabs. The pup is fine, the staffie has two very bloodshot eyes and does not know how close she came to being choked to death. The neighbours are really upset, they have a 5 month old baby and are now worried.

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

mtnphtgrphr
POTN Photographer of the Year 2008

15,250 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 22, 2013 12:00 |  #2317

Oh my Neil! How scary for ALL involved! :( Glad the pup is ok!!! Very scary! :( Hope you and T are mended quickly!

Jenn, gone back to novice photographer...
GEAR LIST http:// …

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,244 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 22, 2013 12:10 |  #2318

That's horrible. Ya know, I have known some really sweet pits, but unfortunately when they go bad, really bad things happen. In our old neighborhood we had a pit kill another dog. Really sweet pit to people and to most other dogs. There was just something about this one the pit didn't like and when it had it's chance, it attacked with horrible results.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,178 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 22, 2013 12:11 |  #2319

That sounds like a dog turning sour! :(

My sister had a German shepherd/Border collie mix that developed a really bad attitude when my nephew was born. He came to live with us, but always held onto the spoiled brat attitude.

Melody

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,482 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Aug 22, 2013 12:16 |  #2320

This is one of those episodes that can scar a dog for life. This can be particularly bad for a working dog....as it can make them shy away from other dogs forever. Hope everyone in the Rice household mends quickly and the pup is able to let this quickly fade from his memory!

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,584 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 22, 2013 12:19 |  #2321

Time to say bye bye to the staffie, unfortunately.

I wouldn't even "risk" it with a baby about. No matter how small the risk.

Last I heard, from the NICU staff we regularly meet with, a woman took her newborn home, still in car seat, put the car seat down and their dog attacked the baby. Wasn't a good outcome.

Always sad, for both the animal and the children.

How is T doing? and how is your toe & finger?

SmugMug (external link)

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Aug 22, 2013 12:50 |  #2322

We are ok, to be honest the pup seems to be the least affected by it. T's hand has a small cut but lots of bruising and I have a strapped toe and very swollen finger.

I could not believe how strong that Staffie was, I was kneeling on it and twisting her collar very tightly round her neck and she still managed to spin. The good thing is that neither of us was bitten by her.

Sookie was doing her best to protect her pup but the Staffie was ignoring her and just working on the pup.

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,741 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 22, 2013 14:46 |  #2323

Neil, good to hear that the pup is the least affected and that you and T are on the mend.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Harm. Time for a new more appropriate home for the Staffie.

Tim

Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,914 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 22, 2013 18:02 as a reply to  @ Timphoto's post |  #2324

neil_r wrote in post #16230544 (external link)
We had an interesting late afternoon yesterday our new neighbours Staffordshire Bull Terrier (external link) jumped a 5 foot wooden fence and attacked the puppy. The Staffie had hold of the pup, the pups mum had hold of the staffie, I have broken my toe and finger, I had no shoes on and kicked the dog then I got hold of her collar and twisted it, she dropped the pup and Teresa tried to pick the pup up and instinctively the pup bit Teresa, So off to the hospital for x-rays and tetanus jabs. The pup is fine, the staffie has two very bloodshot eyes and does not know how close she came to being choked to death. The neighbours are really upset, they have a 5 month old baby and are now worried.

neil_r wrote in post #16230775 (external link)
We are ok, to be honest the pup seems to be the least affected by it. T's hand has a small cut but lots of bruising and I have a strapped toe and very swollen finger.

I could not believe how strong that Staffie was, I was kneeling on it and twisting her collar very tightly round her neck and she still managed to spin. The good thing is that neither of us was bitten by her.

Sookie was doing her best to protect her pup but the Staffie was ignoring her and just working on the pup.

Holy traumatic!! It was stressful just to read. I'm very glad you are all okay. Sookie too I presume?

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Aug 22, 2013 18:50 |  #2325

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #16225528 (external link)
Our bunnies aren't up on the deck yet, but they sure are all over the yard! I wish I could just snag one whenever I wanted to cook one up.

I suppose I could spend some time shooting them with my Canon.

Prop a box up with a carrot and tie a string to the carrot, then wait ;)

mtnphtgrphr wrote in post #16226339 (external link)
I wanna party at Zane's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring tequila, and the rest of the makins' for margaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!! Wished you could've ventured south this week!!!!

I wish I could have come down. I will make it again.

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #16227588 (external link)
For sure. His method of barking as he ran up at the bunny just didn't work so well. We always wondered what he would do with the bunny if he actually ever caught one.

Zoë met the ground hog, stepped on it so it would stop running then stood there looking nose to nose like "hi". :roll:

Timphoto wrote in post #16227896 (external link)
I have weird puppies. They decided they like Kale and uprooted, and ate, several Kale plants in the garden. I guess they need the Kale as a salad green to go with the gopher they caught earlier. :rolleyes:

Erp :shock:

Skrim17 wrote in post #16228498 (external link)

LOL

Timphoto wrote in post #16230493 (external link)
Nothing interesting since then. Same old poop.

LOL!

neil_r wrote in post #16230544 (external link)

Oh wow, glad it was not worse :( That is terrible.

neil_r wrote in post #16230775 (external link)

Here is a video on what to do although it sounds like you were working on it. I don't know how easy this is for the average person but it seems like a reasonable approach.

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=1ebR37K8hDg (external link)

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

sponsored links

165,381 views & 50 likes for this thread
The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.