Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 11 Jan 2012 (Wednesday) 05:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Olympus OM Micro Four Thirds camera!

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 22, 2013 18:34 |  #1396

^^^ Yeah...nothing about that camera makes me want to run out and get one. Which is good...I just got my OM-D 3 months ago, I'd have been very angry if they threw a too-tempting-to-resist offer my way. ;)

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

sponsored links
monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 22, 2013 18:38 |  #1397

LowriderS10 wrote in post #16231681 (external link)
^^^ Yeah...nothing about that camera makes me want to run out and get one. Which is good...I just got my OM-D 3 months ago, I'd have been very angry if they threw a too-tempting-to-resist offer my way. ;)

:lol: I will wait when it comes out before I say something :lol: I might just end up eating my own words.

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 22, 2013 18:43 |  #1398

monk3y wrote in post #16231693 (external link)
:lol: I will wait when it comes out before I say something :lol: I might just end up eating my own words.

Haha true...I have been known to do that from time to time. ;)

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

pxchoi
Goldmember
1,146 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 24, 2013 18:43 as a reply to  @ LowriderS10's post |  #1399

http://i1266.photobuck​et.com …7/lb05VRa_zpsc0​003aec.jpg (external link)

http://i1266.photobuck​et.com …7/gDlFTTX_zps4a​61eea7.jpg (external link)

http://i1266.photobuck​et.com …7/qmeald8_zpscc​8500ac.jpg (external link)

These were posted today on 43rumors (external link) with the new 12-40mm f2.8

Patrick Choi
Portfolio (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)
EOS 7D | 580EX II | 10-22mm f3.5-f4.5 | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS |70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
For Sale: 17-55mm f/2.8 IS | 10-22mm f3.5-f4.5

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 24, 2013 20:25 |  #1400

Yeap seen it on the other forum.. looks good to me!! :D I hope that combination won't reach $2000 though :eek:

stink ­ tooth
245 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Aug 24, 2013 21:07 |  #1401

wow thats going to be very very tempting if it comes in silver

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 24, 2013 21:19 |  #1402

stink tooth wrote in post #16237039 (external link)
wow thats going to be very very tempting if it comes in silver

apparently it will come in silver.

Also, I think the paint on this model is way better, almost the same as dslrs already.

justinz850
330 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 25, 2013 05:27 |  #1403

monk3y wrote in post #16236945 (external link)
Yeap seen it on the other forum.. looks good to me!! :D I hope that combination won't reach $2000 though :eek:

It would be awesome if it didn't go beyond $2000 for the combo, but I think it's a safe bet that it will.

I'm selling off all of my fuji and leica stuff along with a couple of my canon bodies that I never use, so I'm very interested to see how this E-M1 performs. Downsizing the gear and will settle with two m4/3 bodies for traveling, going to pick up an E-P5 when I get home from Africa in a couple of weeks.

Canon 5D3
Leica M
Rolleiflex 3.5f

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 25, 2013 05:45 |  #1404

justinz850 wrote in post #16237787 (external link)
It would be awesome if it didn't go beyond $2000 for the combo, but I think it's a safe bet that it will.

I'm selling off all of my fuji and leica stuff along with a couple of my canon bodies that I never use, so I'm very interested to see how this E-M1 performs. Downsizing the gear and will settle with two m4/3 bodies for traveling, going to pick up an E-P5 when I get home from Africa in a couple of weeks.

E-P5 is awesome!!! Probably the best Oly at the moment :D

Yes it is definitely going way past $2000 :lol: Well at least you got a lot of toys to sell there to cover the new gear. :D I'm probably staying with Fuji and m43 for a while. :D

justinz850
330 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 25, 2013 07:36 |  #1405

I've actually started to think more about the possible price of the lens, maybe it will be lower than what people expect considering it doesn't seem to have stabilization built in?

Canon 5D3
Leica M
Rolleiflex 3.5f

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Aug 25, 2013 08:42 |  #1406

I think it needs more buttons per square millimeter.

In all seriousness though, give me some official specs!

That lens looks like a winner. If they can fix the tracking issues with AF and put out a decent true super tele option (shouldn't be hard with a 2x crop factor!!!) the E-M1 might earn a full time place in my bag.

If it really will be fully compatible with the regular 4/3rds pro lenses existing out there, that might be pretty exciting, as there are some great options out there that go for decent money on the used market, albeit rarely, since no one shoots the original 4/3rds bodies any more.

Jury is still out on the proportions of the grip, but it doesn't look as ugly in those photos, maybe because of the larger lens.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 25, 2013 09:54 |  #1407

Billginthekeys wrote in post #16238059 (external link)
I think it needs more buttons per square millimeter.

In all seriousness though, give me some official specs!

That lens looks like a winner. If they can fix the tracking issues with AF and put out a decent true super tele option (shouldn't be hard with a 2x crop factor!!!) it might earn a full time place in my bag.

If it really will be fully compatible with the regular 4/3rds pro lenses existing out there, that might be pretty exciting, as there are some great options out there that go for decent money on the used market, albeit rarely, since no one shoots the original 4/3rds bodies any more.

Jury is still out on the proportions of the grip, but it doesn't look as ugly in those photos, maybe because of the larger lens.

What Tele do you need? there's gonna be a 150mm f/2.8 soon from Panasonic. :D

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 25, 2013 09:55 |  #1408

justinz850 wrote in post #16237933 (external link)
I've actually started to think more about the possible price of the lens, maybe it will be lower than what people expect considering it doesn't seem to have stabilization built in?

I don't think it's gonna be lower than $1000...

No stabilization and bigger than the Pany too :confused:

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Aug 25, 2013 10:47 |  #1409

monk3y wrote in post #16238203 (external link)
What Tele do you need? there's gonna be a 150mm f/2.8 soon from Panasonic. :D

Yea that looks like a great lens, and would certainly be adequate for sports and the like, but I really need a 600mm+ equivalent, but with better performance that what I have seen from the 75-300/100-300 options it has now, for birding. Not that it would ever replace my 1DIV and 500mm for that, but it would be great to have a supertele option for the new OMD, especially if they are emphasizing improving the AF system for tracking.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 25, 2013 17:12 |  #1410

Billginthekeys wrote in post #16238315 (external link)
Yea that looks like a great lens, and would certainly be adequate for sports and the like, but I really need a 600mm+ equivalent, but with better performance that what I have seen from the 75-300/100-300 options it has now, for birding. Not that it would ever replace my 1DIV and 500mm for that, but it would be great to have a supertele option for the new OMD, especially if they are emphasizing improving the AF system for tracking.

hmmm for something that long you may to look at some of the old 4/3 offerings. I am not sure if there's any there but those are big lenses as well. May as well just keep using your 1DIV:lol:

sponsored links

352,897 views & 2 likes for this thread
Olympus OM Micro Four Thirds camera!
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.