Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 29 Aug 2013 (Thursday) 10:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Forest Photos

stagetaken
170 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 29, 2013 10:54 |  #1

Hi,
Been on holiday recently and have taken a few pictures, want to know what you guys think, is there something I could improve on?

Cheers

Jake

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

5D III | 16-35L | 24-105L
Website (external link) Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
stagetaken
THREAD ­ STARTER
170 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 29, 2013 11:00 |  #2

another lot

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Website (external link) Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)Instagram (external link)

nittaya
122 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 29, 2013 12:11 as a reply to  @ stagetaken's post |  #3

there is too much noise in the pictures. you are using very high iso and aperture is very
wide .For landscape we use iso 100, f11 to f16, shooting raw,bracketing the shots.
and it is possible only if you use tripod.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 29, 2013 12:16 as a reply to  @ nittaya's post |  #4

Would like the last forest photo if it were cropped to the left, ridding yourself of the leaves on the right side. What were the settings? That is always useful to see.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,402 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 29, 2013 12:41 |  #5

Your camera settings seem reasonable f4.0, 1/200, ISO 1600. I suspect any noise problem is the result of the camera at that ISO. You are getting a bit high I think. That coupled with the images still being under exposed a bit would indicate it was a dark woods/day.

I like the two forest shots but they do have issues. #2 is shot at f1.8? That got your ISO down but at the cost of DOF. The whole image looks off focus wise. I like the composition and light though.

#4 is quite nicely composed too. ISO 1600 and f3.5 for landscape is just not working though.

Squirrels are cute.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

stagetaken
THREAD ­ STARTER
170 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Aug 29, 2013 13:48 as a reply to  @ Titus213's post |  #6

Thanks a lot guys, the last shot was with the 18-55 kit lens so not too great (yet to get a 17-40!) the squirrels were with my 70-200 f4 which is why my ISO was quite high as it was very dark but i can certainly see what you mean by the noise. The 2nd photo was with my 50 1.8 when i walked to the shops so was a quick shot! Thanks for the criticism will take into account the settings when I can next get shots like these.

Cheers Guys

sponsored links

586 views & 0 likes for this thread
Forest Photos
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.