I find myself not using my lighting equipment nearly as much as I'd like to. I primarily enjoy shooting snowboard/ski stuff but also really want to start shooting portraits (on-location and/or in studio). I'm going to list what I own, and hopefully you guys can make some solid recommendations. I'm mostly concerned about modifiers.
- 1x Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS (kit which comes with standard reflector and umbrella)
- 1x Elinchrom Freelite A head
- 1x Elinchrom Maxi-Spot (for ski/snowboard)
- 1x Mola 22" Demi with opal glass diffuser, grid and sock. (no boom though. thinking C-Stand).
- 1x Lastolite 6' x 4' White/Silver reflector (never used)
- 1x Lastolite 2' EzyBalance Gray Card / White Reflector
- 2x YN-568
- 4x YN-622c
- 1x Impact '6 light stand with umbrella mount and cold shoe
- 1x Westcott 45" convertible umbrella
What I already know I'm lacking:
- Light stands (for speedlites)
- Boom (for Mola Demi). I want a C-Stand after borrowing one for 3 months.
- Sand bags
- Either more umbrellas or softboxes. I'm interested in something like the 24" collapsible softboxes for speedlites. Contemplating Rolalux modifiers but super pricey. I am afraid to cheap out though as my last knock off 5' octobox was too heavy and put stress on my Eli head.
- A way to trigger my Elinchrom. I don't know if I can use my YN-622's as I haven't honestly tried yet. I used to have PCB Cybersyncs which worked great with a special cable from Flash Zebra (still have this). I'm considering selling my Freelite 'A' head to buy an 'S' head to try and play with hypersync if possible with the YN-622's.
GO NUTS.... I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. Mainly looking for modifier recommendations and a new way to trigger my Ranger.