Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Aug 2013 (Wednesday) 10:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Refurb Sale shortly

la ­ canon ­ amateur
374 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 01, 2013 10:55 |  #61

People that game the system are the ones that cause it to be lost for the people that use it for its original intention. Seems like a persons character means less and less to people over the last few generations. I know that people of low character have always been around just seems more now than ever.

My Gear Listhttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=3032213&pos​tcount=554

sponsored links
shinksma
709 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 01, 2013 12:54 |  #62

la canon amateur wrote in post #16258554 (external link)
People that game the system are the ones that cause it to be lost for the people that use it for its original intention. Seems like a persons character means less and less to people over the last few generations. I know that people of low character have always been around just seems more now than ever.

Not sure of the intent of your post. The CLP program gladly takes in absolutely any old Canon camera - if they didn't want old P&Ss, they'd make the requirement an SLR or "a body with detachable lenses". It is a way of rewarding "loyalty", which is in the name of the program.

Since they regularly offer discounts that occasionally exceed the CLP discount, no-one is gaming the system, IMHO.

shinksma

5DII | T3i | EF 17-40 L | EF 24-105 L | EF 24 1.4 L II | EF 28 1.8 | EF 85 1.8 | EF 70-200 2.8 L IS II | EF 100-400 L | EF-S 15-85 IS USM | EF-S 17-55 2.8 IS USM | EF-S 10-22 USM | EF 100 2.8 Macro USM | EF-S 18-55 IS | EF 35-80 III | EF-S 55-250 IS | Rokinon 8mm FE | EF 75-300 non-USM III | SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Tamron 70-210 | 430EX II | Kenko 2x MC4 and 1.4x Pro300DGX TC

la ­ canon ­ amateur
374 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 01, 2013 15:29 |  #63

shinksma wrote in post #16258895 (external link)
Not sure of the intent of your post. The CLP program gladly takes in absolutely any old Canon camera - if they didn't want old P&Ss, they'd make the requirement an SLR or "a body with detachable lenses". It is a way of rewarding "loyalty", which is in the name of the program.

Since they regularly offer discounts that occasionally exceed the CLP discount, no-one is gaming the system, IMHO.

shinksma

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just hate to see people game the system. I figured that the intent of the program is to help loyal customers that have purchased cameras used them to the point that they don't work anymore or may be obsolete. Its an Honor system. Seems now days, especially since the internet has come into existence, people no loner have to walk up to the counter, look a person in the eye and state that they have this camera that they bought new or refurbished and have used it to the point that it doesn't work or is obsolete. Now days people do anything to save money. No one thinks about INTEGRITY, you know, do you do the right thing even when no one else is around or looking. I hate to see us lose that. It's been awhile since I used the loyalty program. Maybe I need to go back and read why Canon developed it and what and who it was targeted towards.

Maybe it is intended for anyone that can find a broken camera and send it in for the discount regardless of weather or not they actually bought it new or even used and used until it was broken or obsolete.

I probably shouldn't have replied to the post. It was a knee jerk reaction when I saw that someone was looking to buy broken cameras to get the discount.

I forget that now days, "the end result justifies the means".

I guess I am wrong and just a prude.

Rittrato
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 01, 2013 15:40 |  #64

la canon amateur wrote in post #16259259 (external link)
I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just hate to see people game the system. I figured that the intent of the program is to help loyal customers that have purchased cameras used them to the point that they don't work anymore or may be obsolete. Its an Honor system. Seems now days, especially since the internet has come into existence, people no loner have to walk up to the counter, look a person in the eye and state that they have this camera that they bought new or refurbished and have used it to the point that it doesn't work or is obsolete. Now days people do anything to save money. No one thinks about INTEGRITY, you know, do you do the right thing even when no one else is around or looking. I hate to see us lose that. It's been awhile since I used the loyalty program. Maybe I need to go back and read why Canon developed it and what and who it was targeted towards.

Maybe it is intended for anyone that can find a broken camera and send it in for the discount regardless of weather or not they actually bought it new or even used and used until it was broken or obsolete.

I probably shouldn't have replied to the post. It was a knee jerk reaction when I saw that someone was looking to buy broken cameras to get the discount.

I forget that now days, "the end result justifies the means".

I guess I am wrong and just a prude.

It's a flawed system for sure, if you're talking about morals, but I don't think its right to accuse people of "gaming a system" who are simply using it to their advantage, fair and square I may add, to save a few hundred of their hard earned dollars.

Canon is still making tons of profit with their refurbished line and people who cannot afford to buy them new are being given a chance to purchase it under the very same system. Everybody wins.

If Canon or any manufacturers are losing money, we can all be sure that this program would've been abolished. But it's going strong. So strong, Canon implemented a 1 year warranty on their refurbished line to show their commitment and confidence to their loyal consumers.

la ­ canon ­ amateur
374 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 01, 2013 21:08 |  #65

Rittrato wrote in post #16259294 (external link)
It's a flawed system for sure, if you're talking about morals, but I don't think its right to accuse people of "gaming a system" who are simply using it to their advantage, fair and square I may add, to save a few hundred of their hard earned dollars.

Canon is still making tons of profit with their refurbished line and people who cannot afford to buy them new are being given a chance to purchase it under the very same system. Everybody wins.

If Canon or any manufacturers are losing money, we can all be sure that this program would've been abolished. But it's going strong. So strong, Canon implemented a 1 year warranty on their refurbished line to show their commitment and confidence to their loyal consumers.

Oh well I'll be calling them Tuesday, my wife's G9 bit the dust two days before we went on a trip to Disney World earlier this summer.

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 02, 2013 11:18 |  #66

If Canon didn't like it they would have changed the terms years ago to exclude certain trade-in items.

This is how Canon thinks: we're getting people to buy more of our cameras instead of going elsewhere. Yeah, you're getting your discount thanks to some guy's $10 broken Powershot or film SLR on ebay, and they're selling hundreds or thousands worth of camera directly to you, no middleman.

5d3,17-40,24-105,24 1.4,85 1.4,70-200 2.8 is ii

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 03, 2013 16:25 |  #67

TheArchitect wrote in post #16248585 (external link)
FYI, I've read here in Market Watch that the 5D3 CLP discount is 15% and not the typical 20%. Don't know if you're looking at a 5D3.

Just received the broken P/S.
Time for the CLP 20%! :cool:

Now, lets see the 6D is at $1600, has it gone lower than this price?
6D $1600 x 0.80 = $1280 + $89.6 tax @7% = roughly $1370? > What do you guys think of this price? any thoughts?

or is this my only choice for FF since 5d3 is listed at $2800 which is out of my budget currently.

What about Shipping cost? pretty sure Canon charge shipping.

Dave ­ Weldon
485 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 03, 2013 16:30 |  #68

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16265129 (external link)
...What about Shipping cost? pretty sure Canon charge shipping.

Howdy,

Their website shows that "free shipping" just ended but I'd bet that they'll start it up ASAP or even offer it if you ask :oops:.

FREE Ground Shipping and Handling on all orders of $100 or more. Offer valid July 1, 2013 12:00 a.m. ET through August 31, 2013 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in U.S.A. only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability. Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer subject to Canon Store Terms of Sale. See Shipping and Handling terms for further details and restrictions.

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 05, 2013 08:29 |  #69

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16265129 (external link)
What about Shipping cost? pretty sure Canon charge shipping.

Shipping is free if you go through CLP.

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,537 posts
Gallery: 397 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 05, 2013 10:17 |  #70

Yes, ground shipping is free. I asked if adding a lens/flash to a body or kit would get me free two-day and they told me no.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

angelIV
Goldmember
1,174 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 05, 2013 11:29 |  #71

is 6d already included in the clp? last i checked it was just the 5d mk3 at 15%

Gear list: 7d, 50d, xti, EOS 66 film, Canon FTB,sigma 18-35 1.8 art len, EF 24-105L, 70-200f4. Manfrotto 190xpro, sirui g20x. BR metro.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 05, 2013 11:53 |  #72

angelIV wrote in post #16270414 (external link)
is 6d already included in the clp? last i checked it was just the 5d mk3 at 15%

No go, i called yesterday.

spotch
148 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Sep 06, 2013 21:33 |  #73

I can't believe how fast the 6d has gotten (relatively) affordable. Makes it hard for me to not just keep waiting for future deals on it vs buying something like a 5d ii (even though I know those are great as well).

culiced
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 07, 2013 13:07 as a reply to  @ spotch's post |  #74

5dIII are available right now. ordered mines yesterday with only 45 left.

mine1
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Sep 07, 2013 19:31 as a reply to  @ culiced's post |  #75

I am sure it will be at least a few more months before the 6d is part of the clp.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/81190407@N08/ (external link)
Canon 60d.Canon 18-135, 55-250 II, and 10-18 stm. and Benro C-1681t Travel Angel, with Sirui K20x head.

sponsored links

10,432 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Refurb Sale shortly
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.