Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 17 Aug 2006 (Thursday) 00:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please Post Your Billingham Bags!

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Aug 25, 2013 01:26 |  #1186

splbound wrote in post #16237224 (external link)
The Eventer model is back. But the price!
http://www.billingham.​co.uk/acatalog/Eventer​-1.html (external link)

I think I will be hanging onto mine for a while. Glad I snagged one earlier.

Yeah, that pricing is just nuts! It's what makes the Hadley range such a bargain though. :)

• Wedding Photographer - Sydney and Wollongong (external link)
• Borrowed Moment (blog) (external link)

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

sponsored links
Canonised
Goldmember
1,276 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 25, 2013 03:21 |  #1187

Rudi wrote in post #16237536 (external link)
Yeah, that pricing is just nuts! It's what makes the Hadley range such a bargain though. :)

According to online conversion the new Eventer is about SGD800 plus. I paid low SGD600. So it seems they brought it back knowing that they can sell at a premium and somehow, I suspect that there will be lots of buyers.
Just checked Hadley Pro prices and its less than half the price of the Eventer! Gosh....

CANONISED (aka Horolographer)
GEAR LIST

Horolography blog - http://watchinghorolog​y.com (external link)
Photography blog - http://harrytanphotogr​aphy.com/ (external link)

splbound
242 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 25, 2013 16:58 as a reply to  @ Canonised's post |  #1188

The Eventer is a nice bag. My only issue with it is with the reinforcing bar that attaches the top handle to the covering flap. It makes the bag more rigid and not contour to your body as much as the Hadley large .

I can see why the reinforcement is needed though. With more space than the Hadley large, fully loaded it gets quite heavy. The Eventer is heavier than the Hadley large unloaded so its already at a disadvantage weight wise. Must be due to the leather base the use on it.

I find, out of all my Billinghams, I reach for the Hadley large first. It just works for me.

shutterbug ­ guy
205 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 27, 2013 05:50 |  #1189

Ok, I'm going to take the Billy plunge with the Hadley Small. I'm wanting to get the shoulder strap pad with it also and want the Billy version.

B&H lists the SP20 as an accessory which by the way has been superceded by the SP50 for 2" straps. Billingham's website lists the SP40 pad which indicates it's a 1.5" strap.

So which is it? 1.5" or 2" wide shoulder strap?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Aug 27, 2013 06:27 |  #1190

shutterbug guy wrote in post #16243579 (external link)
So which is it? 1.5" or 2" wide shoulder strap?

1.5"

You want the SP40.

shutterbug ­ guy
205 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 27, 2013 06:30 |  #1191

Rudi wrote in post #16243623 (external link)
1.5"

You want the SP40.

Thanks Rudi!

Rudi
Goldmember
3,751 posts
Joined Mar 2002

Aug 27, 2013 06:38 |  #1192

shutterbug guy wrote in post #16243625 (external link)
Thanks Rudi!

No worries at all. :)

freitz
733 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 05, 2013 15:31 |  #1193

I was looking at the Billingham Hadley Pro.

I am looking for a bag that I can travel with and use at home. I have a 6D with a 24-105 L and a ipad I would like to fit in the bag. Also will be getting a flash and a second lens.

I want it to be comfortable and not a hassle to wear, I have found in the past most shoulder bags are uncomfortable. I would like it to fit my 15" laptop but I don't think that will happen.

I just got back from thailand not to long ago and I really didn't have a bag to walk around and shoot with. My camera would just end up in my travel backpack when not being used. I would like something to replace that.

Camera: Leica M240 - Summilux 35mm 1.4 FLE
PC: I7 3930k // EVGA GTX TITAN SC // 16GB RAM 1866 // ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME // All Watercooled // CASELABS SM8
NAS/Server: Synology DS213air // 2x 2TB WD Red NAS drives

S ­ Sanderson
27 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Sep 05, 2013 17:11 |  #1194

freitz wrote in post #16271042 (external link)
I was looking at the Billingham Hadley Pro.

I am looking for a bag that I can travel with and use at home. I have a 6D with a 24-105 L and a ipad I would like to fit in the bag. Also will be getting a flash and a second lens.

I want it to be comfortable and not a hassle to wear, I have found in the past most shoulder bags are uncomfortable...

I have the Hadley Pro, which I use for my 5D Mk III and a couple of lenses. It can, when in transit, for example, hold the camera with 100L macro attached, 24-105L, 35 f2 IS and 70-300 non-L.

You would be hard pressed to squeeze the ipad in there a well, however you may get away with it as the 6D is a smaller camera. There isn't a specific section for the ipad, but it does slip between the padded camera section and the shell of the bag.

The bag is comfortable to carry but you should invest in one of the shoulder straps.

5D Mk III, Canon 35 f/2 IS USM, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 100 f/2.8L, Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art, Canon Speedlite 430EX II

freitz
733 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 05, 2013 19:18 |  #1195

S Sanderson wrote in post #16271253 (external link)
I have the Hadley Pro, which I use for my 5D Mk III and a couple of lenses. It can, when in transit, for example, hold the camera with 100L macro attached, 24-105L, 35 f2 IS and 70-300 non-L.

You would be hard pressed to squeeze the ipad in there a well, however you may get away with it as the 6D is a smaller camera. There isn't a specific section for the ipad, but it does slip between the padded camera section and the shell of the bag.

The bag is comfortable to carry but you should invest in one of the shoulder straps.

I only have the 24-105L right now and the 6D body. Also its a Ipad mini. Im just concerned Im going to want a backpack for longer travel and this will only get used for day trips. Anyone use the Billingham Hadley Pro for everything?

PC: I7 3930k // EVGA GTX TITAN SC // 16GB RAM 1866 // ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME // All Watercooled // CASELABS SM8

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 05, 2013 20:20 |  #1196

freitz wrote in post #16271475 (external link)
I only have the 24-105L right now and the 6D body. Also its a Ipad mini. Im just concerned Im going to want a backpack for longer travel and this will only get used for day trips. Anyone use the Billingham Hadley Pro for everything?

I use my Hadley pro for most things around the city. For longer travel definitely want a backpack. You'll find that with an ipad and a fairly big camera in there, the bag is quite stiff, which you may not like.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

nathan549
155 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Sep 09, 2013 08:58 |  #1197

Just want to say how pleased i am with Billingham! I bought a hadley large off ebay and after a months use the stitching around where the buckle attaches to the bag was coming out (must of been a faulty bag), i messaged the person on ebay to see what he could do. Well it was no problem at all, i sent the bag back to him (he refunded postage) and he sent me a brand new bag!! Could not be happier with this company or the person i bought it off on ebay!

Brilliant bags, Brilliant customer service!

Canon 60D - 24-70mm 2.8 L II - 70-200mm 2.8 L IS II - Speedlight 600 ex-rt - Broncolor Move 1200L pack + A2L pack + MobiLED flash head

davidfarina
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2013

Sep 09, 2013 09:53 |  #1198

nathan549 wrote in post #16281273 (external link)
Just want to say how pleased i am with Billingham! I bought a hadley large off ebay and after a months use the stitching around where the buckle attaches to the bag was coming out (must of been a faulty bag), i messaged the person on ebay to see what he could do. Well it was no problem at all, i sent the bag back to him (he refunded postage) and he sent me a brand new bag!! Could not be happier with this company or the person i bought it off on ebay!

Brilliant bags, Brilliant customer service!

Wow, if everybody would be so nice the world would look a fat piece better :D

Sony A7RII | Sony A7S
EF 40 | EF 70-300L | FD 35 Tilt-Shift
FE 16-35 | FE 28 | FE 90
CV 15 4.5 III | CV 40 1.4 MC | Summilux 50 ASPH
Website (external link) | 500px (external link)

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 09, 2013 16:54 |  #1199

freitz wrote in post #16271475 (external link)

I have a Hadley Pro. Mine carries my N-kon d00s with 18-200vr mounted, or 70-300VR instead, either lens, and the other lens stowed. I carry my ancient ipad1 inthebag. I have added a Billingham strap pad; my Domke postal pad works even better. Caution...my d300s with grip attached will fit, but stretches the front of the bag out.

I have a couple of backpacks, but seldom use them.
Dave

Dave

freitz
733 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 09, 2013 17:05 |  #1200

2mnycars wrote in post #16282724 (external link)
I have a Hadley Pro. Mine carries my N-kon d00s with 18-200vr mounted, or 70-300VR instead, either lens, and the other lens stowed. I carry my ancient ipad1 inthebag. I have added a Billingham strap pad; my Domke postal pad works even better. Caution...my d300s with grip attached will fit, but stretches the front of the bag out.

I have a couple of backpacks, but seldom use them.
Dave

I've been going back and forth between this and the Timbuk2 Snoop.

sponsored links

669,211 views & 48 likes for this thread
Please Post Your Billingham Bags!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.