Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Oct 2012 (Monday) 22:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS M Owners Post Your Pictures

gagakango
166 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 10, 2013 22:50 |  #1966

waterscapes usually look a little off of the level when you aren't perpendicular to the shoreline. Make buildings or trees as vertical as possible and try to ignore the shoreline.

Eos m w/kit zoom

sponsored links
tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 11, 2013 01:13 |  #1967

So my wife's P+S bit the dust and I grabbed her the new ELPH 330 HS as a replacement. It has built in wi-fi that is pretty slick. I like the 10x zoom, too, since the M doesn't have any telephotos. As a bonus I discovered that if I put a mem card from my M in the ELPH 330, I can use it's wi-fi to transfer (JPEG or the JPEG from RAW+L) images to my phone.

So this should be a pretty nice travel set up. I can carry the EOS M + 22mm for low light/DOF shots. And she get the 330HS with 24-240mm zoom range to cover all the general stuff. And then we can instantly share them from either camera just by swapping cards. I was debating adding a zoom to my M kit, but I think this will work better and at $170 wasn't much more than an 18-55 anyway.

I really wish the M had wifi. I think they could have done it considering they have $140 compacts with it built in (i.e. ELPH 130 IS)

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

gagakango
166 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 11, 2013 01:47 |  #1968

pretty certain the M will support use of an eyefi card

Eos m w/kit zoom

John333
85 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 11, 2013 08:11 |  #1969

tkbslc wrote in post #16287008 (external link)
....And then we can instantly share them from either camera just by swapping cards. ...

No need to swap cards if you use an EyeFi card with the M. I use one and it works great for sending to my phone.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 11, 2013 09:54 |  #1970

gagakango wrote in post #16287060 (external link)
pretty certain the M will support use of an eyefi card

It does, and I've used it, but eye-fi cards really suck in use. I had a 4GB one and recently sold it. Connecting and transferring to the phone takes 5x as long as it does with the Canon wi-fi and the software and options are extremely limited. With the mobi you have to transfer EVERY image to your phone, and with the connect there is a complicated setup procedure on the computer that took an hour the first time (and I'm an I.T. expert). It also has a strange setup where you can only pair with one device. If I pair it with my wife's phone, I can't pair it with my phone or the computer. With the Canon Wi-Fi I have a menu where I can choose any number of devices to pair it with and connect to. Not to mention a 16GB eye-fi card is nearly $100, while a regular 16GB card is $15.

The built in Canon Wi-Fi is so much better it is not even a contest. And I really only care about this feature when I am out traveling as normally I'd rather just transfer and share images with my computer if I'll be home that night.

Taylor

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,203 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 11, 2013 09:58 |  #1971

I'm sure the next iteration of the EOS M will have built-in wifi...just another piece of tech to suck up battery life.

I'm perfectly happy taking out my memory card and inserting into my card reader to get my photos. I am never in that much of a hurry to want to wirelessly transfer images from the camera to a computer/mobile phone/tablet.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 11, 2013 10:17 |  #1972

PLLphotography wrote in post #16287865 (external link)
I'm sure the next iteration of the EOS M will have built-in wifi...just another piece of tech to suck up battery life.

It's only on when you turn it on (unlike some of the wireless SD cards). You have to go in to playback mode and then turn on the wireless to connect to a device or network. So it isn't going to suck up battery unless you tell it to, and again, only in playback.

I'm perfectly happy taking out my memory card and inserting into my card reader to get my photos. I am never in that much of a hurry to want to wirelessly transfer images from the camera to a computer/mobile phone/tablet.

I am too, for the most part. My wife wanted the wireless mainly for instagram, since you can't post from a PC to instagram and she is not very satisfied with her phone's camera. She also doesn't really use the computer that much.

It is nice to be able to post to social media while traveling sometimes. And you can do it from the hotel, but sometimes doing it in the moment is desirable. I don't think it is a critical feature, but given the cost I feel like it should (and probably will be) added to most cameras before long.

Taylor

NinetySeventy
176 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 11, 2013 14:33 |  #1973

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5548/9713534056_57639f5f7f_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ninetyseventy/9​713534056/  (external link)
Rain, Rain, Go Away... (external link) by NinetySeventy (external link), on Flickr

Any feedback would definitely be appreciated!

Camera: EOS M
Lens: 11-22mm EF-M, 22mm EF-M, 18-55mm EF-M, 55-250mm IS II
Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

chris_holtmeier
Goldmember
2,169 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 11, 2013 15:24 |  #1974

IMAGE: http://www.foton-foto.com/photos/i-dvBK6xG/0/L/i-dvBK6xG-L.jpg

https://www.facebook.c​om/FotonFoto (external link)

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,435 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 11, 2013 16:02 |  #1975

^^^ I like it.

Here is one from couple of weeks ago. Quick conversion in LR.

IMAGE: http://www.bobbyzphotography.com/img/s10/v112/p1678043196-5.jpg

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

JDeluis
126 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 11, 2013 16:06 |  #1976

tkbslc wrote in post #16287848 (external link)
It does, and I've used it, but eye-fi cards really suck in use. I had a 4GB one and recently sold it. Connecting and transferring to the phone takes 5x as long as it does with the Canon wi-fi and the software and options are extremely limited. With the mobi you have to transfer EVERY image to your phone, and with the connect there is a complicated setup procedure on the computer that took an hour the first time (and I'm an I.T. expert). It also has a strange setup where you can only pair with one device. If I pair it with my wife's phone, I can't pair it with my phone or the computer. With the Canon Wi-Fi I have a menu where I can choose any number of devices to pair it with and connect to. Not to mention a 16GB eye-fi card is nearly $100, while a regular 16GB card is $15.

That's odd. I have my iPhone, iPad and my wife iPhone paired with the card.

The new Eye-Fi Mobi are different version to the 4GB you used. The Mobi only comes in 8 or 16GB. Video below explains all the new features.
http://youtu.be/N70lbI​zgu3c (external link)

Flickr Photostream (external link)

psxindo
419 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 11, 2013 16:40 |  #1977

JDeluis wrote in post #16288967 (external link)

The new Eye-Fi Mobi are different version to the 4GB you used. The Mobi only comes in 8 or 16GB. Video below explains all the new features.

Can you transfer to all 3 of your devices at the same time?

I've tried with 2 devices, and it can only transfer to only one.

5D mkIII | 5D mkII | 6D | EOS M | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8 IS mkII | EF-M 22 | 50 1.4 | 85L | 100 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | 2x 580 ex II | 580 ex | 2x sunpak 383 | 134GB CF |
Wishlist | 14L | 24L | 35L | 50L | 100L macro | 135L | 15 2.8 FE | 17L 4 TS | 45 2.8 TS | 90 2.8 TS |

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 11, 2013 16:42 |  #1978

JDeluis wrote in post #16288967 (external link)

The Mobi also transfers ALL images to your phone. Not ideal. I don't need a whole day's photos on my phone, just the few I want to share. And I guess I can pair the other ones with my phone and computer, but it sends photos through the phone to the computer and not the computer directly. I'm just not a fan. Too many quirks and limitations compared to the built in wifi.

If I was going to get a wifi card I'd get this one: http://www.lzeal.com/e​n/products.asp (external link)

You can turn the wifi on and off and instead of pushing the photos you just use an app on your phone and the built in WAP on the card to pull the photos from any device.

Taylor

madflea
108 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 11, 2013 19:18 |  #1979

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #16271658 (external link)
It's a great lens, I was amazed with how sharp it is wide open. I think it might be sharper than my other two Yashica ML 50's @f/2, if not it's pretty much the same :cool:

I actually just received my Yashica 50 f/2 today (with a Fotodiox adapter). It seems to work great on my 5D Mark II, but when I put it on the M via the Canon adapter, I cant seem to take a picture. Pressing the shutter does nothing, tried AV and Manual mode. Any settings I am missing?

Thanks!

CincyTriGuy
567 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 11, 2013 19:46 |  #1980

tkbslc wrote in post #16289068 (external link)
The Mobi also transfers ALL images to your phone. Not ideal. I don't need a whole day's photos on my phone, just the few I want to share. And I guess I can pair the other ones with my phone and computer, but it sends photos through the phone to the computer and not the computer directly. I'm just not a fan. Too many quirks and limitations compared to the built in wifi.

If I was going to get a wifi card I'd get this one: http://www.lzeal.com/e​n/products.asp (external link)

You can turn the wifi on and off and instead of pushing the photos you just use an app on your phone and the built in WAP on the card to pull the photos from any device.

I shoot in RAW+JPG with an Eye-Fi. I send the jpgs to Photosmith on my iPad over WiFi where I do my first pass rating and reviewing, which I can do in the field. Then when I get home I import the RAWs into Lightroom and then sync the metadata updates from the ipad to Lightroom so I can immediately start editing my selects.

The combination of an Eye-Fi + ipad + Photosmith has completely changed my workflow and saved tons of time in post.

Jason
Canon 1DX Mark II | 16-35 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L

sponsored links

1,408,346 views & 871 likes for this thread
EOS M Owners Post Your Pictures
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.