Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 12, 2013 14:39 |  #676

Cheers Lee :)

Gundogs wrote in post #16291424 (external link)
Sorry to hear you've still got a bad back, I sympathise a lot with that and would advise you go to Pilates classes - it's done me the world of good. The new lens looks great - bet you can't wait to get out there and use it!

I'm on 10mg amitriptyline + psychotherapy at the moment, if that doesn't help then I think it's going to be spinal injections. (I'm allergic to medicated anti inflammatory so can't take them) Cheers too :)

Gundogs wrote in post #16291424 (external link)
Ian I hope you won, and please don't disappear - where will I get my plane fix ;):lol:

*cough* :p

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

sponsored links
Gundogs
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2012
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 12, 2013 14:58 |  #677

Radders wrote in post #16291441 (external link)
Cheers Lee :)

I'm on 10mg amitriptyline + psychotherapy at the moment, if that doesn't help then I think it's going to be spinal injections. (I'm allergic to medicated anti inflammatory so can't take them) Cheers too :)

ok how about acupuncture? and I"m thinking you meant physio?!

*cough* :p

oh yes you do the plane thing too dontcha ;) :lol:

my friend in Norfolk has just sent me a message to say she was in the garden watching the bats and a tawny owl flew over her head...

Penelope Malby Photography (external link)
my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 12, 2013 15:02 |  #678

Yes you're right, I did LOL and do ;)

The doc said acupuncture, that's on the list somewhere if these don't work, physio first though :)

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 12, 2013 15:15 |  #679

Radders wrote in post #16291504 (external link)
Yes you're right, I did LOL and do ;)

The doc said acupuncture, that's on the list somewhere if these don't work, physio first though :)

acupuncture is great for pain relief. It doesn't make it better (I had a prolapsed disc about 6 yrs ago, took about 18 months to get better) - but if the pain goes away, then the muscles stop spasming, and movement becomes easier. Pilates is good though, talk to the physio about it. We have two guys in my class at the mo, both have had spinal surgery.

my Facebook page (external link) my Flickr (external link) my 500px (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Gallery: 216 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 12, 2013 15:22 as a reply to  @ post 16290283 |  #680

Mark49s wrote in post #16284705 (external link)
Another from my day in London, tad annoyed with the Halo-ing, but it's not as pronounced as in some the previous shots. 15 sec daytime exposure.

QUOTED IMAGE
Revolving Torsion (B&W) by MARK- SPOKES.COM on 500px.comIMAGE LINK: http://500px.com/photo​/45931286  (external link)

I like this Mark cracking image.

Radders wrote in post #16290268 (external link)
Well, just had a heavy parcel turn up and my LOVELY girlfriend has bought me a Sigma 50-500. :eek:

Lucky you Radders I could do with a generous girlfriend like that.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 12, 2013 16:18 |  #681

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16291356 (external link)
bit of a rollercoaster week for me, my cat is terribly ill and it doesn't look too optimistic, then in a complete contrast some brilliant news about my Mum-in-Law who has responded so well to her chemo and is remission :D (oh and I bought a new car - pick it up next week, cannot wait!!!)

sorry to hear you need to take a break Ian - your contributions to this forum are one of the facets that makes it what it is

Oh dear Lee, so sorry to hear your cat is very ill :( but excellent news about your mum - fingers crossed for her.

Ditto your comment to Ian - taking a break from the forum isnt necessary :D

http://lindabuckell.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dragonwings55/ (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II and Canon 7D |40D |G12 | 350d (300D long gone)
400 F5.6L|70-200 F4L IS|24-105 F4L[COLOR=black] IS|18-55
Macro: 100mm F2.8L IS|100mm| F2.8 |60mm F2.8.

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 12, 2013 16:22 as a reply to  @ LindaB's post |  #682

Gundogs wrote in post #16287806 (external link)
Hi folks, been MIA the last few weeks sorry. Just been caught up with work and family stuff. Off to Norfolk again on Sat, hoping to find some hares and cranes, maybe some barn owls too. WHat've I missed - is Mark in Africa yet - I saw Clare's bears on fb (she's joining us in Norfolk for a couple of days too so twill be good to catch up), and Ian's comps keep popping up too :D I hope you're all well :D

Have a good hol in Norfolk and get some great pics.

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 13, 2013 01:45 as a reply to  @ LindaB's post |  #683

bit of a rollercoaster week for me, my cat is terribly ill and it doesn't look too optimistic, then in a complete contrast some brilliant news about my Mum-in-Law who has responded so well to her chemo and is remission :D (oh and I bought a new car - pick it up next week, cannot wait!!!)

Sorry to hear about the kitty mate. I can't remember, do you just have Mojo or was there another one?

Great news on the other fronts though!

not to aggravate the situation JD - but in the spirit of things, "if you don't ask you don't get" & "if you don't like it, don't do it", so since Ian's request didn't offend or inconvenience you (or anyone else)

Plus, it was nice of Ian to offer us a pint for each vote we submitted. Ian: I hit 27 votes in the end, but we can space that out over a few evenings. I don't think I can manage it all in one go.

Radders wrote in post #16291504 (external link)

Well if nothing else, carrying around that heavy camera with the big new (also heavy) lens should help out! ;)

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 13, 2013 02:23 |  #684

souporman wrote in post #16292810 (external link)
Sorry to hear about the kitty mate. I can't remember, do you just have Mojo or was there another one?

Great news on the other fronts though!

Plus, it was nice of Ian to offer us a pint for each vote we submitted. Ian: I hit 27 votes in the end, but we can space that out over a few evenings. I don't think I can manage it all in one go.

Well if nothing else, carrying around that heavy camera with the big new (also heavy) lens should help out! ;)

it's Rambo who's poorly... got to ring in an hour and see how night two of observation went, the forecast doesn't seem sunny sadly... Mojo is very, very sad :(

bless Ian - he's lovely like that :D

funnily thought the same thing about the MASSIVE new lens - oh well, no pain no gain! :cool:

well it's wetter than an otters pocket here so not ideal ahead of a weekend - probably means more pics of bugs for me! anyone else up to much?

oh and enjoy Norfolk Penel!

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
7,019 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 13, 2013 02:28 |  #685

not to aggravate the situation JD - but in the spirit of things, "if you don't ask you don't get" & "if you don't like it, don't do it", so since Ian's request didn't offend or inconvenience you (or anyone else) I think a slightly more reserved response is in order - you're a big boy so you should be able to manage your social affairs in a way that suits you.

Your not aggravating the situation Lee - you've just expressed an opinion as did I. That said, it was certainly not my intention to offend Ian and I'll PM him now to apologise.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Winston Churchill

My blog siteexternal link
My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 13, 2013 04:30 |  #686

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #16292832 (external link)
it's Rambo who's poorly... got to ring in an hour and see how night two of observation went, the forecast doesn't seem sunny sadly... Mojo is very, very sad :(

Sorry to hear it mate, hope he turns a corner soon!

This oughta cheer you up, have a meowl or 4 :D

IMAGE: http://www.kevinleitch.com/images/potn/meowls.jpg
(not my images obviously)

Jonathan wrote in post #16292835 (external link)
Your not aggravating the situation Lee - you've just expressed an opinion as did I. That said, it was certainly not my intention to offend Ian and I'll PM him now to apologise.

One thing I've learned from my years of living here is that those mancs are a sensitive, delicate bunch ;)

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 13, 2013 04:50 |  #687

souporman wrote in post #16292904 (external link)
Sorry to hear it mate, hope he turns a corner soon!

This oughta cheer you up, have a meowl or 4 :D

QUOTED IMAGE
(not my images obviously)

LOL - bottom right one actually looks really cute lol

Gundogs
3,137 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 13, 2013 05:27 as a reply to  @ LindaB's post |  #688

Hoping for good news about Rambo this morning Lee. Poor Mojo must be missing him loads.
Brilliant news about your MIL though, so good.

I'm going out with my friend Carl in Norfolk to Snettisham, apparently some amazing sunset wader stuff going on next week... he's taking his 800mm lens :rolleyes: men and their lenses :lol: Hope the weather improves though!

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Sep 13, 2013 05:55 |  #689

Gundogs wrote in post #16292973 (external link)
I'm going out with my friend Carl in Norfolk to Snettisham, apparently some amazing sunset wader stuff going on next week... he's taking his 800mm lens :rolleyes: men and their lenses :lol: Hope the weather improves though!

We didnt get to Snettisham when we went but did get to Cley Marshes which is very nice - very long lenses needed there though for stuff out on the scrapes.

A friend of mine has been in Norfolk this week and although the weather has been horrible, he has taken some nice windmill pics.

Richard1959
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 13, 2013 12:34 as a reply to  @ LindaB's post |  #690

Snettisham as made famous by John Betjeman Goes By Train https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=UYnyOnnlKWk (external link)

Sometimes I take good photos other times !!!!
EOS 5DMkiv EF100-400L f4.5-5.6, EF24-105L f4, EF16-35L f4 EF50 1:1.8 II, EF28 1:2.8 & 580EXII and some triggers. Lightroom & Photoshop CC

My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

785,326 views & 304 likes for this thread
The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.