Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,710 posts
Gallery: 541 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Sep 11, 2013 08:11 |  #4576

<---- Jealous.

:)

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

sponsored links
KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 11, 2013 11:28 |  #4577

HiepBuiPhotography wrote in post #16287547 (external link)
I already have a 5DM3. This is my second one :lol: I got the first one when they had the 20% off refurb sale back in December. I paid $2373 (including tax) for that one and also had ~$90 cash back. It was a sweet deal.

The camera's awesome. I was using a 5DM2 as my second camera for weddings. I found it annoying when I would swap lens from the 5DM2 to the 5DM3 when the lens I wanted to shoot details with is on the 5DM2. The focusing on the 5DM3 is phenomenal. Makes it much easier to work.

How did you get the $90 cb with Canon refurb?

special CC?

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 11, 2013 12:34 |  #4578

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16288116 (external link)
How did you get the $90 cb with Canon refurb?

special CC?

I used mrrebates. I don't remember the % cash back at the time. I think it was 3%.

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 11, 2013 12:35 |  #4579

Only downfall of the CLP is you can't use the online cash back sites cause everything is done through the phone.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 11, 2013 14:21 |  #4580

HiepBuiPhotography wrote in post #16288357 (external link)
I used mrrebates. I don't remember the % cash back at the time. I think it was 3%.

Hows this possible? i thought this can be done only via phone.
also didn't know Canon was listed under MrRebates vendor list

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 11, 2013 14:27 |  #4581

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16288661 (external link)
Hows this possible? i thought this can be done only via phone.
also didn't know Canon was listed under MrRebates vendor list

It's not possible to do this through the CLP program like I stated. It's only possible to do it through their Refurbish site. They haven't had a Refurbish sale in a while.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 11, 2013 15:16 |  #4582

HiepBuiPhotography wrote in post #16288679 (external link)
It's not possible to do this through the CLP program like I stated. It's only possible to do it through their Refurbish site. They haven't had a Refurbish sale in a while.

Sorry, bit tired, missed your previous post.

So the CB is only available on Refurbished items, is it written some where, source?

because when i click on Canon via MR, it's taking me to: http://shop.usa.canon.​com …red88x31&WT.mc_​id=C126149 (external link)

Seems like i can order anything from there on and still get the 3% CB.

Or if i'm wrong, do you simply click on the top: Cameras or Lenses and then click on refurbished cameras or lenses?

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 11, 2013 15:26 |  #4583

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16288811 (external link)

So the CB is only available on Refurbished items, is it written some where, source?

because when i click on Canon via MR, it's taking me to: http://shop.usa.canon.​com …red88x31&WT.mc_​id=C126149 (external link)

Or if i'm wrong, do you simply click on the top: Cameras or Lenses and then click on refurbished cameras or lenses?

Yea, I believe that's what I did. I just used the "Camera" tab and then down to the "Refurbished..." link.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,229 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 12, 2013 08:49 |  #4584

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16288811 (external link)

Yes, you get cashback ONLY if you order online after clicking on Mr. Rebates links. Phone orders or orders not clicked through Mr. Rebates will not qualify. Mr. Rebates has no record or way to track order if placed on the phone or directly going to Canon's site.

Here is some FAQ questions from my tutorial that I posted on my site.

How do I shop at a Mr. Rebates' store and earn cash-back?
The only action required to get a cash-back rebate is to simply click on your desired store and make your purchase in that same click session. Your click-through from Mr. Rebates activates a code in the store's shopping cart that will make sure that you are credited with the rebate. Each order from a participating store requires a unique click-through from Mr. Rebates. If you are making multiple orders then make sure you have a separate store click for each corresponding order. Please note that rebates do not show up in a store's shopping cart. Rebates are credited a few days later in your Mr. Rebates' account.

Can I still get a rebate if I forgot to click-through to a store at Mr. Rebates?
Unfortunately, orders placed outside of Mr. Rebates do not qualify for cash-back rebates. If the rebate is important to you then the only other thing that can be done is to cancel the original order and re-order through a Mr. Rebates link. That decision is up to you however.

So getting cashback through CLP will not work since you have to call in. If you purchase a refurbished item or new item from Canon, this will entitle you to cashback so as long you click on the Canon link on Mr. Rebate and do not navigate or exit out of that session.

So if HiepBuiPhotography is getting cashback, he outright bought the refurbished with no CLP trade-in.

Canon :: R6 | RP | 5D Mark IV
Glass :: RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS | RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM | EF 16-35 f2.8L II | EF 70-200 f2.8L III | EF 24-70 f2.8L II | EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
FEEDBACK
FS: 3D Printed RF 35mm Lens Hood | Custom SLR M-Plate Pro, Alter RFS | SpiderHolster w/Speedbelt and Handstraps

smacatl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,561 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 12, 2013 09:16 |  #4585

HiepBuiPhotography wrote in post #16287547 (external link)
I already have a 5DM3. This is my second one :lol: I got the first one when they had the 20% off refurb sale back in December. I paid $2373 (including tax) for that one and also had ~$90 cash back. It was a sweet deal.

The camera's awesome. I was using a 5DM2 as my second camera for weddings. I found it annoying when I would swap lens from the 5DM2 to the 5DM3 when the lens I wanted to shoot details with is on the 5DM2. The focusing on the 5DM3 is phenomenal. Makes it much easier to work.

Hiepbuiphotography stated that he purchased his first 5DM3 during the Canon Direct 20% off sale.
He would have gone to Mr Rebates then linked to the Canon Direct site in order to take advantage of the rebate. Truly a sweet deal!

1Kind - good information! Thanks for posting!

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 12, 2013 09:38 |  #4586

smacatl wrote in post #16290646 (external link)
Hiepbuiphotography stated that he purchased his first 5DM3 during the Canon Direct 20% off sale.
He would have gone to Mr Rebates then linked to the Canon Direct site in order to take advantage of the rebate. Truly a sweet deal!

It was truly sweet. And 9 months later, I find myself spending ~$200 more for the same refurb body and still think it's a good deal. I should have just bought two from the start :lol:

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,188 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 12, 2013 09:41 |  #4587

1KIND wrote in post #16290568 (external link)

So if HiepBuiPhotography is getting cashback, he outright bought the refurbished with no CLP trade-in.

smacatl wrote in post #16290646 (external link)

Ahhh thats what i wanted to figure out. Hiepbuiphotography simply purchased through MR > Canon Refurb > getting the CB but not the CLP Discount since it can only be done via Phone order.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,229 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 12, 2013 09:59 |  #4588

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16290702 (external link)
Ahhh thats what i wanted to figure out. Hiepbuiphotography simply purchased through MR > Canon Refurb > getting the CB but not the CLP Discount since it can only be done via Phone order.

Correct. In order to get cashback from Mr. Rebates, it can only be done on the web. That's the only way they can track and give you cashback. There are times where you purchased through the links and you don't get the cashback. So you would have to contact Mr Rebates, and they'll investigate. Sometimes, you don't get it because you navigated away from the page or clicked on another link to purchase.

Canon :: R6 | RP | 5D Mark IV
Glass :: RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS | RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM | EF 16-35 f2.8L II | EF 70-200 f2.8L III | EF 24-70 f2.8L II | EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
FEEDBACK
FS: 3D Printed RF 35mm Lens Hood | Custom SLR M-Plate Pro, Alter RFS | SpiderHolster w/Speedbelt and Handstraps

paintcheck
154 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Sep 13, 2013 04:45 |  #4589

Interesting program! Will have to keep this in mind when my t5i decides to take a crapper! Shame they wont sell the lenses seperate.. Could really use that 70/200 f2 lens..

Camera(s): 7D, (wishing for a 5dm3)
Lenses: Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC / Tamron 75-300 f/4-5.6 / Canon Nifty Fifty / Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5
Cards: 16GB/32Gb SanDisks CF

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,541 posts
Gallery: 397 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 13, 2013 11:35 |  #4590

abhphotography wrote in post #16292928 (external link)
Interesting program! Will have to keep this in mind when my t5i decides to take a crapper! Shame they wont sell the lenses seperate.. Could really use that 70/200 f2 lens..

I know that there are people out there QB have bought a T3 kit together with the 70-200 2.8 II and sold off the kit for about what they paid for it.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

506,287 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.