Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 10 Sep 2013 (Tuesday) 19:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

iPhone 5s - New camera

PerfectTan
440 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 13, 2013 02:07 |  #46

Awesome! Will be ditching my iphone5 for Lumia 1020. Apple iphone5 with the s is just stand for same, with fingerprint big deal!

My Gear: Do you really want to know?

sponsored links
onurrus
637 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 13, 2013 05:09 |  #47

rick_reno wrote in post #16292441 (external link)
Looks like Bruberry is going to use it to shoot their fashion show

http://www.apple.com …mer-2014-Runway-Show.html (external link)

I am wondering who will take the photos. On youtube there is a guy takes fashion pictures with an iphone camera. And they look quite good to me.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 13, 2013 10:35 |  #48

onurrus wrote in post #16292959 (external link)
I am wondering who will take the photos. On youtube there is a guy takes fashion pictures with an iphone camera. And they look quite good to me.

I attended a show in Honolulu dedicated to phone photography, most of the photos on display were shot with the IPhone. It was amazing what people can do with these things. I'm not sold on moving from my 4S to the 5S, my wife was telling me last night to pick one up when we're in Portland next month. Not sure why she wants me to spend money, there is usually a motive but I haven't discovered what it is yet. She just got a Moto-X which I like a lot, but I don't care for the camera in it.

onurrus
637 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 13, 2013 12:14 |  #49

rick_reno wrote in post #16293511 (external link)
I attended a show in Honolulu dedicated to phone photography, most of the photos on display were shot with the IPhone. It was amazing what people can do with these things. I'm not sold on moving from my 4S to the 5S, my wife was telling me last night to pick one up when we're in Portland next month. Not sure why she wants me to spend money, there is usually a motive but I haven't discovered what it is yet. She just got a Moto-X which I like a lot, but I don't care for the camera in it.

I think you did the right thing not to upgrade your 4s with the 5s. It is still mobile cameras I think even there are some little difference between the two model :)

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,824 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 13, 2013 13:18 |  #50

my next phone will rock a 5" display so I can use the wifi app on my 6D without lugging around a 7" tablet. Iphone is too small for my tastes.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 13, 2013 13:59 |  #51

Charlie wrote in post #16293862 (external link)
my next phone will rock a 5" display so I can use the wifi app on my 6D without lugging around a 7" tablet. Iphone is too small for my tastes.

Would you leave your 5" phone at home to do outdoor activities? Imaging if I am riding my motorcycle with a 5" phone? Imagine if I am riding my bicycle with a 5" phone. Imagine if I try to take a jog with my 5" phone. In the practical world, i love the size of the iPhone and would never want my cell phone to be any larger than that.

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,824 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 13, 2013 15:02 |  #52

professorman wrote in post #16293953 (external link)
Would you leave your 5" phone at home to do outdoor activities? Imaging if I am riding my motorcycle with a 5" phone? Imagine if I am riding my bicycle with a 5" phone. Imagine if I try to take a jog with my 5" phone. In the practical world, i love the size of the iPhone and would never want my cell phone to be any larger than that.

no to all scenarios. I've tinkered with a 5" phone, and it's no problem for me. Heck, I typically carry my DSLR to a lot of places, and even that's not an issue.

here are the phones side by side: http://www.phonearena.​com …-vs-Apple-iPhone-5_id3284 (external link)

I've played with both, and prefer to get as big as I can possibly carry. The note is a tad big, but the galaxy is fine. It's really personal preference. I've been using the 3.5" screens for the past 4 years or so, getting really tired of small screens. The difference in weight and size is really negligible to me.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 13, 2013 20:00 |  #53

Found this, a detailed writeup on the 5S camera

http://techcrunch.com …-on-the-iphone-5s-camera/ (external link)

DocFrankenstein
Cream of the Crop
12,324 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Sep 14, 2013 00:46 |  #54

Kolor-Pikker wrote in post #16286219 (external link)
So today Apple officially announced their new 5s phone, and it comes with a camera everyone loves (to hate :lol:) with the following new features:

Discuss.

5 is an incremental upgrade to an awesome phone which made it a bit better than the previous one. Normal product cycle. The camera followed the same path. I love taking the "been here" pictures on vacations with one.

National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Sep 14, 2013 07:49 |  #55

rick_reno wrote in post #16294789 (external link)
Found this, a detailed writeup on the 5S camera

http://techcrunch.com …-on-the-iphone-5s-camera/ (external link)

Thanks for the link Rick - interesting read.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

sponsored links

6,466 views & 0 likes for this thread
iPhone 5s - New camera
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.