Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 25 Jun 2012 (Monday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your CAT pictures here! (2)

misty66
Goldmember
3,958 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 15, 2013 09:28 |  #2896

And do they cover everything? Because here they don't.....

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

sponsored links
Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 15, 2013 09:33 |  #2897

it covers all of their well visits, 2 annual check ups and all of their vaccines. Also includes blood and fecal work for the 2 visits.

I only take my kitties once a year, they are exclusively indoor cats in a high rise apartment building so they have no exposure to anything they would need more than their first year shots for. I pay less that 600 for both of them per year so I'm OK where I am I suppose!!

My Tspin had the crystals in his urine/bladder, after 6 months of the pricey food I ut them both on a raw food diet and they are both doing great so I'm good there too.

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

gtpstrunz1o98
85 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 15, 2013 10:05 as a reply to  @ Skrim17's post |  #2898

Here is my cat.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1035.photobuck​et.com …MICIA1of1_zps85​e0fb61.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Sep 15, 2013 10:49 |  #2899

Beautiful girl! ;)

JM - facebook (external link) - website (external link) - gear list

Liquid ­ Dark
Goldmember
1,342 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 15, 2013 13:09 |  #2900

Skrim17 wrote in post #16297600 (external link)
I never checked out the vet associated with Petsmart, but that sounds like a pretty decent deal considering most of my visits are well over 100 or so.

Crissa,

it really has been a great deal for me.
like I said, my vet went over to work for them....so each person will have to decide that issue for themselves

I adopted a rescue dog last September, enrolled him in the $25/month program, and had to update all his shots, vaccinations, tests, did blood work, etc. It was a big deal. I spent $265 initially to get that all done but since then I have paid nothing other than the monthly fee and the $25 it cost to "chip" him. You just can't beat that.

My Mom's dog is in same program and so far she hasn't spent a dime other than the monthly fee.

by the way, the PetSmart clinics are run by "Banfield" which is independent of PetSmart itself. They are a national association of vets.

William
Gear List: check out items for sale

kido
51 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 15, 2013 13:47 |  #2901

gtpstrunz1o98 wrote in post #16297994 (external link)
Here is my cat.

Beautiful eyes. Does she use eyeliner? :)

nottoosharp wrote in post #16297821 (external link)
One of our cats fought and got bitten by another cat and is on antibiotics, he has 40°C fever... There is not a single week without one of them having some issue... Well that's how it's supposed to be with outdoor cats I guess :p

Yet another orange beauty :) I love that hint of green in the left eye.

The story you are telling is exactly why I won't let my cats out, not without a leash. When we've adopted Yoda, I've done a lot of reading to gain some consciousness about raising a feline. Average lifespan turned out to be 3-4 times shorter when compared to indoors and their death usually involves a lot of suffering. And it's logical if you consider: traffic, poisoning, diseases, other animals, malicious people etc.

About a year ago I was trying to rescue a beautiful black stray that I knew by sight. He got attacked by a bunch of big dogs. The cat was probably already injured when they got to him, he was too experienced to let them anywhere near. When I chased the dogs away, he was lying on his back, unable to move (probably because of the injured spine), severely wounded, bleeding, suffering and crying.

It was late at night and I rushed to the closest clinic, but this poor thing was fading quickly, until he passed away in my car. For a cat lover it was a truly atrocious experience, can't imagine anything similar happening to one of mine. This night I emptied half a bottle of vodka, just to calm myself down.

I know it's not possible in every case, but whenever it is, I'm a big advocate for keeping cats in controlled environment.

Liquid Dark wrote in post #16297190 (external link)
and even when follow the right diet, you can still get crystals with lack of hydration and excessive water loss due to heat.

Since the pH of urine and FUS are related, there are products that help with early trouble detection. The one I know is based on phenol red (pH indicator). It comes in powder and you empty the bag inside the cat's bathroom. After the cat has done his number one, if the powder turns red you know instantly there may be something wrong and you need to perform some exams.

As for hydration I recommend keeping a bowl with fresh water in every room and... water fountains. Most cats find these fascinating, they love to play with the stream and ultimately drink from it. I went for the Pioneer stainless steel fountain because I liked the looks :) Couldn't find one here, so I ordered it from the US. The bowl and the top part could be better matched (it gets noisy at times) but all my cats love this fountain and use it frequently. It has been working 24/7 for more than a year now and hasn't failed yet.

Yoda loves to drink from bathroom faucets, garden hoses and sprinklers :) She has learned that whenever she'll sit near one, I will open the water flow just a bit so she could drink. Luke has just discovered the fun of a bathroom faucet and asks to have one opened whenever he sees someone in the bathroom.

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Sep 15, 2013 14:44 |  #2902

kido wrote in post #16298552 (external link)
The story you are telling is exactly why I won't let my cats out, not without a leash. When we've adopted Yoda, I've done a lot of reading to gain some consciousness about raising a feline. Average lifespan turned out to be 3-4 times shorter when compared to indoors and their death usually involves a lot of suffering. And it's logical if you consider: traffic, poisoning, diseases, other animals, malicious people etc.

About a year ago I was trying to rescue a beautiful black stray that I knew by sight. He got attacked by a bunch of big dogs. The cat was probably already injured when they got to him, he was too experienced to let them anywhere near. When I chased the dogs away, he was lying on his back, unable to move (probably because of the injured spine), severely wounded, bleeding, suffering and crying.

It was late at night and I rushed to the closest clinic, but this poor thing was fading quickly, until he passed away in my car. For a cat lover it was a truly atrocious experience, can't imagine anything similar happening to one of mine. This night I emptied half a bottle of vodka, just to calm myself down.

I know it's not possible in every case, but whenever it is, I'm a big advocate for keeping cats in controlled environment.

This story about that black cat is truly heart breaking, I can only imagine how it must have felt :( truly horrible horrible thing... We have a cat missing for now almost 3 months, and thinking of how his life could've ended is just too much to handle :confused: :(

I've lived surrounded by cats for all my life, sometimes they were indoor cats, sometimes outdoor's... I know that if they are used not to get out they will be all fine living inside, but once you get them used to getting outside, there is no turning back, or they will really miss being outdoors...

hammer418
Goldmember
2,044 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 15, 2013 16:12 |  #2903

I purchased a new Mohair blanket throw for the living room couch, and Luci decided that it was hers ! .... can you imagine ? :lol:

IMAGE: http://hammer418.smugmug.com/Pets/Luci/i-MB29rTK/0/XL/IMG_2830-XL.jpg

silma
489 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Sep 15, 2013 16:13 as a reply to  @ RedCatPhoto's post |  #2904

My cat lives most of the time indoor but goes outside for an hour or two (sometimes more) almost every day (never at night). We live in a very quiet area, little or no traffic at all, there are other cats around but they are all neutered so they don't fight.
I know there is still danger for my cat being outside but he really enjoys his walks and keeping him in the house would make him nervous and probably "sad"...I keep my fingers crossed and manage not to let him out when danger is higher (rush hour, night, rainy days...).
Here he is:

IMAGE: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2864/9761258113_d9b5180f61_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/lucasano/976125​8113/  (external link) set15 (external link) di LucaSano (external link), su Flickr

my flickr (external link)

my dreamstime (external link)

<Eve>
233 posts
Joined May 2013

Sep 15, 2013 16:40 |  #2905

What a horrible story Kido, and as nottoosharp (my bf) wrote before, I don't even want to think about what has happened to our missing cat... Traffic is what I'm trying to convince myself of :confused:

I am still not against cats going out. However I must admit that when we picked the new kitten, it was on purpose a "half ragdoll". I am hoping he will stay closer to the house than the missing cat who was always enjoying the countryside and wandering around.

Here's a new picture of Doakes, his ginger marks are getting more and more and more visible :)

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7444/9764324244_14cd71c729_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/eva_niencke/9​764324244/  (external link)
Our beautiful kitten (external link) by eva_niencke (external link), on Flickr

Eva - my flickr (external link), facebook (external link) and gear list

gtpstrunz1o98
85 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 15, 2013 17:58 |  #2906

[QUOTE=kido;16298552]B​eautiful eyes. Does she use eyeliner? :)/QUOTE]

Lol, all naturale Italian beauty.

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 15, 2013 20:08 |  #2907

Since we are in an apartment building I knew my cat wouldn't go outside, that is why we adopted a second cat to keep him company and to keep them both well exercised. We have a long hallway and they race up and down it and all over the house. As a child, I had a cat hit by a car and die and I will never have another outside cat again unless I move to a ranch type of place with no traffic.

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

misty66
Goldmember
3,958 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 16, 2013 01:22 as a reply to  @ <Eve>'s post |  #2908

My cats stay inside as well, always have. I can't sleep (or go to work) if I know that they would be outside.

They exercise by racing up and down in my house.... :)..Yesterday they met other cats for the first time. They did good, I'm proud.

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Sep 16, 2013 04:30 |  #2909

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

You, don't dare touching this sneaker (external link) by jmbruchez (external link), on Flickr

Gweebs
318 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 16, 2013 05:46 |  #2910

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7429/9718000061_77624a4015_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/mytintanet/9718​000061/  (external link)
Tootsey (external link) by Gweebs 30 (external link), on Flickr

Canon 5D III & 50D - Sigma 10-20 - Canon 50mm 1.8 - 24-105L - Canon 100 2.8L - EF-S 55-250 IS - Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS - 480 EXII - Olympus OM-D EM-1
Flickr (external link) - Portfolio (external link) - Purpleport (external link)
Why not take a look and join my Flickr Group Flickr - Stand out of the crowd!!! (external link)

sponsored links

1,787,194 views & 32,037 likes for this thread
Post your CAT pictures here! (2)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.