Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 14 Sep 2013 (Saturday) 18:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best looking camera body

RX350
559 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 15, 2013 17:31 |  #31

one I have .

_________

sponsored links
blanex1
790 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Sep 15, 2013 17:38 |  #32

ergonomics,wight,and of course the all professional looking black camera!i think the canon 1dx would meet these specs, of course coming from a nikon background what do i know!!

canon 7d bg-e7 5d-mk3 1d-mk3 24-105-L 17-40 L 35/1.4 85/1.8 yougnuo 565 ex 580 ex and lots of other canon stuff.canon 70-200 2.8 L

YashicaFX2
Goldmember
1,003 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 15, 2013 18:17 |  #33
bannedPermanent ban

Furlan wrote in post #16299022 (external link)
deleted by mod

Guilty! I went from film to digital in 2009. As I had no commitment to any brand (my film stuff was all Yashica, duh!) I looked at Pentax, Nikon and Canon. I actually ordered a Pentax setup, then changed my mind because I found some market-share statistics: Canon 50%, Nikon 45%, Pentax and others, 5%. That got my attention.

OK, back to the drawing board. I compared bodies and features and got nowhere. Anything you wanted on one brand was available on the other, in close to the same price range. I heard the whole Canon is designed by engineers/Nikon is designed by photographers spiel.

That left me comparing lenses with respect to range available, and comparative reviews. After much digging and reading and researching, I concluded that Canon has a slight advantage in the lens department. (Don't ask, it was totally subjective.) So, I am looking at two mutually exclusive systems and trying to make a decision. The final straw came at a retail outlet that handled both brands. I picked up a T1i w/18-55. OK. Next was a D90 w/kit lens. I played with the controls and liked the Canon setup a little better. I still don't have much basis for a decision.

Here is where I just put both cameras on the counter, side-by-side, and looked at them. Clearly, the Canon was far and away the better looking camera. I had the clerk get out a 5D2/28-135 and whatever the comparable Nikon setup was. Again, the Canon was just plain prettier.

I walked out with the Canon. Yes, a significant factor was the looks of the camera. Never having shot digital, what else should I have based the choice on? I cop to being an idiot. Whatever. I am still happy I went with Canon.

Dedicated APS-c shooter. Gripped 60D, 60 2.8, 10-22, 15-85, Σ70-200 OS and a big white something or other! Plus a 5D w/28-75.

barfbaggs
Goldmember
1,351 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Sep 15, 2013 18:51 |  #34

Thorrulz wrote in post #16298006 (external link)
Ruined by the most hideous looking nose.;)

... and that silly red swoosh!

Mackeral
524 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 15, 2013 22:06 |  #35
bannedPermanent ban

barfbaggs wrote in post #16299243 (external link)
... and that silly red swoosh!

Yeah, that red swoosh always throws me off. It is pretty silly.

"Complete quietness surrounded me as the dense fog smothered all sounds. As the sun rose, lifting the fog to reveal this majestic mountain, all my thoughts of the daily hustle and bustle were put away, allowing me to sit in solitude with nature."
-Utter Bull

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Sep 15, 2013 22:12 |  #36

Canon F-1 classic, followed by the T-90. EOS bodies are a far cry behind, and there's nothing else even in the race. Don't even mention the OM-1 et. al. They're about 25% undersized for esthetics, and the design is seriously corrupted (shutter and aperture ring positions are defective for anyone with real fingers).

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

oaktree
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 16, 2013 00:42 as a reply to  @ post 16299778 |  #37

Just held one of these in my hands while looking for a film rangefinder: a Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder. Looked more like a Leica than the Leica M6 that next to it.

Too much stuff, not enough shooting time.

Canon T4i (2 lenses), Fuji X100s, Olympus OM-D EM-1 (3 lenses)

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,263 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 16, 2013 01:05 |  #38

Thorrulz wrote in post #16297424 (external link)
I second that. If canon would bring out a body like this again in ff, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Same here. I learned on a used AE-1 back in the day. Gorgeous camera. Oh the smoothness of the zoom and focus rings, the manual aperture exposed on the lens, and the split prism viewfinder.. Just love it!

GEAR LIST

Mornnb
Goldmember
1,646 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 16, 2013 03:24 |  #39

My vote goes to the Canon 7D, it's elegant and curvy. It is not just a box.

IMAGE: http://www.juzaphoto.com/shared_files/articles/canon_7d/0H9I7443.jpg
http://www.juzaphoto.c​om/article.php?l=en&ar​ticle=75 (external link)

Canon 5D Mark III - Leica M240
EF 16-35mm F/4 IS L - EF 14mm f/2.8 L II - - EF 17mm TS-E L - EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II - EF 70-200mm IS II f/2.8 L - Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX
Voigtlander 15mm III - 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH - 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M FLE - 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
500px (external link)

eddieb1
898 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Sep 16, 2013 10:02 |  #40

Mornnb wrote in post #16300048 (external link)
My vote goes to the Canon 7D, it's elegant and curvy. It is not just a box.

QUOTED IMAGE
http://www.juzaphoto.c​om/article.php?l=en&ar​ticle=75 (external link)

I really have to agree with you. Elegant. Plus takes great photos. Perfect package.

sponsored links

6,918 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best looking camera body
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.