lens arrived. Not read much about it, went simply for it`s aperture and focal length, so it was a some pig in a poke buy. How it all turned out?
1. Absolutely no BF/FF, targets with single pixel accuracy EVERY single time (tried different surfaces, different angles, different lights)
2. Very quick AF
3. Great build quality, probably misses only some weather sealing to be an "L" grade
4. The biggest thing: it`s sharp sharp sharp! At 1.8 it`s great but at 2.0/2.2 it can slash my eye balls Simply wipes floor with my 24-105L in this aspect and kills 50mm f1.8
5. Very little distortion (expected more, pleasant surprise)
6. Vignetting is quite noticeable even on my crop. It works for me: with its "on target sharpness", shallow DOF, pleasant bokeh and darked corners it gives me vintage/post card look. But on FF it may be a little too much.
I`m glad that I did not went the "L way" and throw my money at 24L or 35L, because this little 28mm is simply amazing for my needs and costs a LOT less. It`s great to zoom with my legs again
So if you are looking for near standard focal length prime for your crop - go for it!