Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 17 Sep 2013 (Tuesday) 15:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CC for Photographers now available on line

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 17, 2013 15:18 |  #1

The new CC plan is now available, but they are only guaranteeing the price for 12 months:cry:

Annual plan — US $9.99 per month, plus applicable tax
with a one year contract
Payment

Each month during your one year term, we'll bill your credit card US $9.99 plus applicable tax. As soon as you've successfully completed this sign-up process and your payment is confirmed, your membership will begin.
Renewal

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.
Cancellation

We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support (external link).

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

sponsored links
Grizz
Cream of the Crop
5,496 posts
Gallery: 318 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 17, 2013 15:21 |  #2

got a link? :)

Craig * Canon 7D Mark II * 60D * 10D * Tamron SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD * EF 400 5.6L USM * EF 17-40 4.0L USM * EF 70-210 4.0 * EF 28 2.8 * EF 50 1.8 MK1*Flickr (external link)

rpaul
636 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 17, 2013 15:41 |  #3

Interesting that they're only guaranteeing the price for 12 months. When they announced it they made it sound like if you signed up at $9.99, that would be the price indefinitely. I get that they can only guarantee the price for the duration of the contract, though. Hopefully they stick to their word.

Rob | rmpaul.com (external link)
Gear 'n Stuff (external link)
C&C always welcome

Merlin_AZ
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 17, 2013 15:59 |  #4

Grizz wrote in post #16304491 (external link)
got a link? :)

https://creative.adobe​.com …social12040064&​sdid=KIHZM (external link)

Chris
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 17, 2013 16:09 |  #5

rpaul wrote in post #16304554 (external link)
Interesting that they're only guaranteeing the price for 12 months. When they announced it they made it sound like if you signed up at $9.99, that would be the price indefinitely. I get that they can only guarantee the price for the duration of the contract, though. Hopefully they stick to their word.

I know!!

But I still ordered it. I was on CS3 anyway, so I'm anxious to see how the new features work.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

brettjrob
Dr. Goodness PHD
470 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 17, 2013 17:00 |  #6

Purchased CS5 Production Premium Student Edition last year, and apparently that doesn't qualify me for the deal. :rolleyes:

Time to look at other options...

Nikon D610, D5100
Samyang 14/2.8 | Nikon 18-35G, 24-85G VR, 70-200/4G VR

Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | skyinmotion.com (external link)
Feedback

Grizz
Cream of the Crop
5,496 posts
Gallery: 318 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 17, 2013 17:14 |  #7

Thanks! :)

Craig * Canon 7D Mark II * 60D * 10D * Tamron SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD * EF 400 5.6L USM * EF 17-40 4.0L USM * EF 70-210 4.0 * EF 28 2.8 * EF 50 1.8 MK1*Flickr (external link)

j-mar
235 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 17, 2013 22:51 |  #8

Yeah I got PS as part of a student CS4 design package several years ago as well and found out today that I don't qualify. Not sure why they decided to exclude student packages, but I imagine quite a few others will be none too happy when they find out they don't qualify either. As much as I've grown attached to PS and LR, can't really justify the subscription price they are asking for CC. $10/month was reasonable, though.

brettjrob wrote in post #16304735 (external link)
Purchased CS5 Production Premium Student Edition last year, and apparently that doesn't qualify me for the deal. :rolleyes:

Time to look at other options...

5D Mark II | S100
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

swjim
Goldmember
1,669 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 17, 2013 23:20 |  #9

I wasn't a fan of the whole subscription concept but $10/month for products i use regularly seemed fair enough so I went for it.

Jim

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,151 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 18, 2013 06:36 |  #10

Kudos to Adobe! This is a brilliant marketing plan and solves more than one issue!

First, PR. The clamor created by the announcement of CC was horrendous. This plan calms things down, replacing it with "Hey, wait a minute. $9.99 ain't that bad!"

Second, you herd people in at $9.99 per month for a year, they become complacent, then raise the price to $29.99 a month. What are they going to do?

Brilliant!

swjim wrote in post #16305588 (external link)
I wasn't a fan of the whole subscription concept but $10/month for products i use regularly seemed fair enough so I went for it.

LOL! I did not see the post above mine until after I posted this. See? Brilliant!!

Website (external link) |

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 18, 2013 06:52 |  #11

Picture North Carolina wrote in post #16306048 (external link)
Kudos to Adobe! This is a brilliant marketing plan and solves more than one issue!

First, PR. The clamor created by the announcement of CC was horrendous. This plan calms things down, replacing it with "Hey, wait a minute. $9.99 ain't that bad!"

Second, you herd people in at $9.99 per month for a year, they become complacent, then raise the price to $29.99 a month. What are they going to do?

Brilliant!

LOL! I did not see the post above mine until after I posted this. See? Brilliant!!

Brilliant! Except for that part about raising the price after a year... because people like myself think about these things and read through the marketing PR and understand the cost of ownership isn't the same as it was before... and unfortunately, it probably never will be again.

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

swjim
Goldmember
1,669 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 18, 2013 08:19 as a reply to  @ drvnbysound's post |  #12

I did the math too and based upon my historical purchases:

- Lightroom every 18 months (was $150 for the V2 and V3 upgrades, $80 for v4 and I had held off on v5 up until now). Using the lower, current, price I called this $4.44/month.

- Every other version of Photoshop ($300 every 48 months) $6.25/month

Total $10.69/month.

$10/month is about right for me. $50/month never made sense at all for my usage, even $20 was too high. If they raise the price after the first 12 months I may be looking at alternatives again.

Jim

Pumba
193 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 18, 2013 10:09 |  #13

Its a shame they dont do a photoshop and lightroom package for those of us who dont own cs3 or later :(

6d, 70d, 70-300L, [COLOR="Black"]100L Macro, 40mm 2.8 STM, 580exii, 430ex and still NO idea

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 18, 2013 10:28 |  #14

I didn't bother doing any math; I don't need to... the cost of ownership that I spoke of is unobtainable now, which is why I said that it not the same as it was before and probably never will be again. You can no longer own (thus ownership) Photoshop; you can however, rent it.

I am not a full time professional photographer, so I can't just pass on the fee to a client... but I do enjoy photography and use many "professional features" (I call them professional because they are not part of Photoshop Elements). Likewise, I really enjoy working on automobiles; most recenty I've been learning about professional auto detailing. I don't plan to detail professionally, but I enjoy the work and like doing so on my own vehicle(s). I can purchase all of the tools, materials, and chemicals/products to detail my vehicle like any other professional detailer would. I'm not talking about your local carwash either; I'm talking about color correction and/or swirl removal - advanced detail work that require professional tools. Similarly, I also enjoy carpentry work; building things like cabinets, furniture, etc. I can also purchase professional level machinery to build whatever I desire. If I want to buy an industrial grade table saw, I can. With photography, I can still purchase all of the professional level hardware components; if I want to buy a 1DX and Profoto lighting gear I could. I own a 70-200 f/2.8 IS II (I'd consider it a professional quality lens). However, I can no longer own Photoshop... I can only rent it :( No thanks.

drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 18, 2013 10:43 |  #15

Pumba wrote in post #16306457 (external link)
Its a shame they dont do a photoshop and lightroom package for those of us who dont own cs3 or later :(

Wow, I thought I had an answer, but I just went to their site and found information that I wasn't expecting (what else is new).

They do have the Photography Program for new users (link here (external link)), but it's listed at $49.99/mo for new members. I thought I had read/heard that it was going to be $19.99/mo for photographers who were new to Photoshop; the subscription would be for both Ps and Lr - I'm not seeing it.

At this price ($49.99/mo), I have no idea why any new member would subscribe at this price and not get the full CS Cloud Suite for the same price.

... unless I'm missing something on their website.

sponsored links

5,124 views & 0 likes for this thread
CC for Photographers now available on line
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.