Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 04 Sep 2013 (Wednesday) 12:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe announces $9.99/mo for PS/LR Creative Cloud subscription

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,649 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 17, 2013 21:48 |  #46

terrygilliam wrote in post #16304897 (external link)
Wow, much as I dislike the new model, that's a complete misrepresentation of the situation. Adobe offered a 50 percent discount for the first year, and it was clearly labeled as such.

Which is what that article says, as well.

Old article not addressing the new plan. Adobe has not been clear about what happens with the new $9.99/mo plan, nor what happens for those who sign up after Dec 31st.

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

sponsored links
digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,573 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 17, 2013 22:00 |  #47

The $9.99 is not supposed to be an introductory price so basically it is supposed to remain. Everyone's question is what will happen in 2015 and later.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

terrygilliam
84 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 17, 2013 23:07 |  #48

Colorblinded wrote in post #16305395 (external link)
Old article not addressing the new plan.

I didn't say it was. I was just pointing out that the post I was replying to was rubbish.

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 18, 2013 06:05 |  #49

digital paradise wrote in post #16305413 (external link)
The $9.99 is not supposed to be an introductory price so basically it is supposed to remain. Everyone's question is what will happen in 2015 and later.

$10 /month still doesn't get me

gslabbert5119
517 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 18, 2013 08:55 |  #50

digital paradise wrote in post #16279191 (external link)
Even if it did it would not be the end of the world because it is not a lot of money but it still would not be right. I would like Adobe to state more than "this is not an introductory price." I'd like to see Adobe say that like everything in life there will be increases proportional to cost of living or something like that. 2-3% a year. That is by social security standards and might be a little high so not realistic, but a starting point. 5% would be reasonable.

Actually Adobe states that the $9.99 per month price is for a lifetime if you signup before 31December 2013

http://blogs.adobe.com …shop-photography-program/ (external link)

Direct quote from Adobe ..."To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013."

Images in Africa Safaris
https://imagesinafrica​safaris.com/ (external link)

mwierowski
38 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 18, 2013 09:39 |  #51

gslabbert5119 wrote in post #16306305 (external link)
Actually Adobe states that the $9.99 per month price is for a lifetime if you signup before 31December 2013

Direct quote from Adobe ..."To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013."

While yes they did say this, when you sign up you are required to accept Adobe's Terms of Service agreement which clearly states in writing that upon renewal of your service Adobe reserves the write to adjust the pricing as they see fit. But it also says you will be notified of any price changes prior to the renewal date. So it's up to you to change your automatic renewal if you do not like the new price. Otherwise if you forget and let the auto renewal process, you are locked to another one-year contract and therefore subject to the 50% cancellation policy.

I myself took the chance and signed up. I have pretty much upgraded Lightroom every year and felt $120 for the year and I get both PS and LR was worth it to me. If they change the price I will cancel and revert back to PS CS5.5 and LR5.

-Mike
Gear | Photos (external link) | Twin Cities Camera Club (external link)

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,573 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 18, 2013 10:17 |  #52

gslabbert5119 wrote in post #16306305 (external link)

I have read that part on Adobe's site but I have not seen the word lifetime anywhere. Just because it is not an introductory price does not mean they can't raise it. I can't imagine them not doing so over time. Everything goes up in price. The question is will the increases be fair or will they put the screws into us when they get their hooks in us.

Image Editing OK

gslabbert5119
517 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 18, 2013 10:58 |  #53

Thats what I heard during the keynote at Photoshop World, but I have to agree with you that in all likelihood the price will go up. As you said everything goes up.

Images in Africa Safaris

weeatmice
763 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 18, 2013 14:05 |  #54

This appears to be purchasable now https://creative.adobe​.com …offer/photoshop​+lightroom (external link)

FS: UK: 1D Mark IV.
Twopixel.co.uk (external link) | 500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Pinterest (external link) |

gslabbert5119
517 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 18, 2013 14:06 |  #55

I just bought for $9.99, but will hold onto my version of cs6 in case Adobe attempts to screw me over.

Images in Africa Safaris

weeatmice
763 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 18, 2013 14:09 |  #56

I'm tempted and I have CS5/LR5.

Does anyone know if you can install photoshop CC on multiple PCs? CS5 I have one two PCs at home and would hate to give up that convenience. (EDIT, adobe says I can)

FS: UK: 1D Mark IV.
Twopixel.co.uk (external link) | 500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Pinterest (external link) |

gslabbert5119
517 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 18, 2013 14:15 |  #57

weeatmice wrote in post #16307087 (external link)
I'm tempted and I have CS5/LR5.

Does anyone know if you can install photoshop CC on multiple PCs? CS5 I have one two PCs at home and would hate to give up that convenience. (EDIT, adobe says I can)

I cant see it being an issue as they will track the number of simultaneous or concurrent logins, plus the license is for 2 concurrent logins so you should be good..

HOWEVER, I have 3 laptops and a desktop and will test it and report back tomorrow

Images in Africa Safaris

lovemyram4x4
Goldmember
2,198 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2013

Sep 19, 2013 20:03 |  #58

I just talked to one of those live guys about. I wanted to see if you CS3 extended upgrade if also qualified, but I'm still not convinced that it does as he kept saying standard/extended retail at first when I asked if upgrade versions qualified.

Anyway he also said the $9.99 price wouldn't change as long as you keep the contract going. I'm also not sure if I believe this either, aside form during the the yr of the contract.

If it stayed at $9.99/mo it does seem like a fairly good deal compared to paying what full retail used to be for the programs you get, however I usually don't pay full price if I can find it on sale or used but even at what those prices usually are this is still likely cheaper(at least for current versions).

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,573 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 19, 2013 20:17 |  #59

I can't remember if this was discussed. Does this mean when CS6 goes to 7 and LR5 goes to 6 and so on subscribers get the new versions free? No hidden costs?

Image Editing OK

Car2n
490 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 19, 2013 21:20 |  #60

From their Terms page,
"After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering."

What exactly are they saying here?

Canon 1D3 / 70-200mm f/2.8L IS / 17-40mm 4.0L / 50mm 1.4 / 580EXII / Manfrotto 055XPROB/488RC2 / PixmaPro 9000ii / StylusPro 3800

sponsored links

13,053 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe announces $9.99/mo for PS/LR Creative Cloud subscription
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.