Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 26 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 10:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives

Robsphoto
277 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined May 2011

Sep 18, 2013 22:34 |  #2536

DukeMorse wrote in post #16307597 (external link)
BTS shot of me using the Cheetah Light CL-180, 33" collapsable beauty dish, speed pro bracket, battery mount, and cheetah boom...the whole Cheetah set up :)

QUOTED IMAGE

Here is what the end result looked like...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

I also shot this with that same set up...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 403 | MIME changed to 'text/plain'

Very nice!!

Happy Shooting:lol:

sponsored links
jmaher
571 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Sep 18, 2013 22:44 |  #2537

Nice work.
-Jim

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 18, 2013 23:34 |  #2538

elv wrote in post #16305472 (external link)
Or two L4500 connected together with three 2 into 1 cables... anyone game to try that :-)

Not with my gear but I am game with yours :lol:

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 18, 2013 23:42 |  #2539

pwm2 wrote in post #16306680 (external link)
The big issue isn't what the flash thinks about it - the big issue is if one battery pack likes to be connected to another battery pack.

Guys, be careful with this. I heard that some flashlight-holics with gear that was connecting to multiple LiIon batteries ended up with explosions, that LiIon batteries can end up not liking working together in multiples, especially when they are not at same level.

CheetahStand
106 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 19, 2013 00:05 |  #2540

ZoranC wrote in post #16308247 (external link)
Guys, be careful with this. I heard that some flashlight-holics with gear that was connecting to multiple LiIon batteries ended up with explosions, that LiIon batteries can end up not liking working together in multiples, especially when they are not at same level.

Thank you...Thank you....Thank you!!!!!

Edward Tang
info@cheetahstand.com (external link)
www.cheetahstand.com (external link)
www.cheetahstand.net (external link)
Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.c​om/CheetahStand?ref=hl (external link)

CheetahStand
106 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 19, 2013 00:29 |  #2541

philpeterson wrote in post #16307451 (external link)
More testing, please!

Well noted,will do.

Please sent me your Canon or Nikon speed light,I'll wear fire and bullet proof suit with halmet.put 16 Cheetah L4500 pack and use 15pc 2 to 1 cable.and test on your light...
and we will produce HD video to show you how to fire your speed light in slow mode.....LOL.:lol:

Please do not try this at home!!!
Do you really need this fast?
We will have answer for you.the new 1200w light we are working on will full fill your dream!...
Stay tune.

Edward Tang
info@cheetahstand.com (external link)
www.cheetahstand.com (external link)
www.cheetahstand.net (external link)
Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.c​om/CheetahStand?ref=hl (external link)

mmmfotografie
hanging up-side-down in a cave
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 19, 2013 06:19 |  #2542

CheetahStand wrote in post #16302331 (external link)
Just to make this clear,We do not have plan to make 6000mAh.
If we do, will first let POTN members know.
We have plan for 1200W studio light.one second 10 pops.Diration 1/20000 sec.Can work with CL-Tx/Rx.
Stay tune......

At which power setting do you have that duration?

philpeterson
81 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 19, 2013 07:37 |  #2543

CheetahStand wrote in post #16308305 (external link)
Well noted,will do.

Do you really need this fast?

Yes. I shoot indoor sports with my Quantum and Canon flashes so an extremely fast recycle time is necessary as well as plenty of juice for approx. 1000 1/2 - 3/4 power flashes per game.

www.phil-peterson.com (external link)

mmmfotografie
hanging up-side-down in a cave
2,114 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 19, 2013 08:29 |  #2544

philpeterson wrote in post #16308733 (external link)
Yes. I shoot indoor sports with my Quantum and Canon flashes so an extremely fast recycle time is necessary as well as plenty of juice for approx. 1000 1/2 - 3/4 power flashes per game.

You could use multiple flashes with Pocketwizard using Speedcylcler. With three flashes you reduce your recharge time by 66.7% and stay in safe usage of your flashes. In this way you triples the time you can use the flashes without changing batteries. Your investment is also triples and you have to mount it all safely and set it up each time.

In the current firmware Speedcycler is limping and lets hope this time it will be addressed in the new firmware for the Mini and Flex.

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 19, 2013 13:52 |  #2545

ZoranC wrote in post #16308247 (external link)

You can never just connect multiple Li-Ion batteries in parallell with each other - then there are no current limiter that will stop the stronger battery from trying to charge the other battery like crazy.

But in this case, it isn't two batteries connected together. The battery packs have electronics that takes energy from the battery and produces a suitable voltage for the flash. And the question here is if this electronics has any issues when one battery pack is fully charged while the other battery pack is depleted.

So when one of the battery packs isn't able to output any voltage - will it then get sad/hurt by the other battery pack still emitting a full voltage. If this is ok or not depends on how the electronics is designed in the battery pack.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

philpeterson
81 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 19, 2013 14:13 |  #2546

mmmfotografie wrote in post #16308810 (external link)
You could use multiple flashes with Pocketwizard using Speedcylcler. With three flashes you reduce your recharge time by 66.7% and stay in safe usage of your flashes. In this way you triples the time you can use the flashes without changing batteries. Your investment is also triples and you have to mount it all safely and set it up each time.

In the current firmware Speedcycler is limping and lets hope this time it will be addressed in the new firmware for the Mini and Flex.

I already use 5 Q flashes but maybe adding 4 Canon 580 EX II flashes would make it a little better! :lol:

I asked this a few days ago but never got a reply: Has anyone tested the Cheetah L4500/Godox PB960 against the Quantum Turbo 3? I know Cheetah easily beats the T3 but what about performance?

www.phil-peterson.com (external link)

DamianOz
696 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 19, 2013 16:41 |  #2547

philpeterson wrote in post #16309570 (external link)
I already use 5 Q flashes but maybe adding 4 Canon 580 EX II flashes would make it a little better! :lol:

I asked this a few days ago but never got a reply: Has anyone tested the Cheetah L4500/Godox PB960 against the Quantum Turbo 3? I know Cheetah easily beats the T3 but what about performance?

I haven't compared, but from the specs, or manufacturers claims, I don't thing there will be much difference.

Bodies - Canon EOS 5DIII | EOS 6D
Primes - TS-E24 f/3.5L II | Σ 35mm F1.4 DG Art | EF 85 f/1.2L II | EF 135 f/2L
Zooms - EF 16-35 f/2.8L II | EF 24-70 f/2.8L II | EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | Σ 24-105mm F/4 DG OS Art | Σ 120-300mm F/2.8 DG OS Sport

Meddin ­ Studios
32 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 19, 2013 18:26 |  #2548

Has anyone tried using multiple Odin Tx's? I want to try using a 758 meter and hand holding a second Odin Tx to make TTL changes.

This Mitros+ announcement makes me really consider making the jump to Odin's again. Here's what is holding me back:

- Any advantage to Odins vs Stratos for CL lights?
- Can 2 Tx work?
- Does Odin offer Speedcycling options?
- Price point on Mitros+?
- Mitros vs 580 ExII?

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 19, 2013 21:41 |  #2549

pwm2 wrote in post #16309515 (external link)
You can never just connect multiple Li-Ion batteries in parallell with each other - then there are no current limiter that will stop the stronger battery from trying to charge the other battery like crazy.

But in this case, it isn't two batteries connected together.

I am not a guru on a topic nor I pretend to be one, but I do know that explosions in question were of flashlights that use multiple LiIon batteries and that were designed to use multiple batteries by the manufacturer. Those interested on finding out more can check CandleLighForums for start. From what I have seen explosions were rather violent. I might be wrong on whether it would make a difference here but bottom line is that because of what I have seen I never use flashlights or anything else that uses multiple LiIon batteries, I am walking around them in big arch and use only ones with single LiIon or ones with multiple NiMh.

ZoranC
285 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 19, 2013 21:43 |  #2550

CheetahStand wrote in post #16308305 (external link)
We will have answer for you.the new 1200w light we are working on will full fill your dream!...
Stay tune.

Edward, who's your buddy? :cool:

sponsored links

1,294,958 views & 272 likes for this thread
A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.