Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 20 Sep 2013 (Friday) 01:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

...Minister moves videographer and photographer on.

banquetbear
Goldmember
1,588 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 20, 2013 01:57 |  #1

http://petapixel.com …tographers/#dis​qus_thread (external link)

...I've heard about this happening: but first time I've seen it. The photographer seems to have been real close and heavy on the shutter: and not surprised the Minster stopped the ceremony. But keen to hear the thoughts of more experienced wedding photographers here.

www.bigmark.co.nzexternal link

sponsored links
umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,598 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 20, 2013 07:22 |  #2

Photographer had his head up his buttocks. You should see the responses on our cities photography facebook page. some of the new kids have no fricken clue how to act like a professional photographer at a wedding

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 20, 2013 14:08 |  #3

What an uncomfortable moment for everyone.

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

Tigerkn
Goldmember
4,060 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 20, 2013 14:41 |  #4

Suprisingly, he was talking back to the Ministor instead of stay quiet, move back or out of the way and moving on.

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Gears (external link)

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 20, 2013 16:25 |  #5

I just watched the video. I'm not sure why he's spraying and praying. That shutter was on automatic :lol:

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

Furlan
734 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Sep 20, 2013 16:47 |  #6

As Maude used to say God will get you for this. Wedding photographers beware!

StephenAndrew
855 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 20, 2013 20:06 |  #7

Expectations should have been set prior to the ceremony. I always try to touch base with the priest/JOP to see if they have any ground rules they want me to follow regarding where not to be, using flash, etc. While I agree that the videographer and/or photographer probably didn't need to be that close, the priest handled it very rudely. Instead of stopping the ceremony and barking at them, the more appropriate thing would probably be to just suck it up and finish the ceremony. And the photographers/videogra​phers shouldn't have argued with him either, and just stepped back immediately instead of prolonging the awkwardness. In their defense though, in my experience, outdoor ceremonies have always been less restrictive when it comes to where I can and can't shoot from. Just a bunch of guys being dumb and stubborn...I'm glad it was caught on video :lol:

Connecticut Wedding and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Equipment/Feedback

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,729 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 20, 2013 22:50 |  #8

The look on the couple's faces says it all. The officiant could have handled it much better. While you can blame the photographer/videograp​her all you want, IMHO, this is all on the officiant. What a pompous prick.

flashpoint99
411 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Sep 21, 2013 01:29 |  #9

The minister is an @ss.....he caused twice the nuisance with his tizzy fit.

supfresh
222 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Sep 21, 2013 12:47 as a reply to  @ flashpoint99's post |  #10

Man that was uncomfortable to watch. I agree the minister could have handled things differently, but it was definitely amateur for the photogs to not go over ground rules before the ceremony. The shutter spray didn't help either..

Wedding (external link) - Facebook (external link)- Personal (external link)
5DMKIII / A7RII/ RICOHGR / 50L / 24-70L II/ 70-200 2.8 VC / 35A / 16-35L II / S85
Always some lens, never your lens.

amirg
532 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 21, 2013 15:36 |  #11

nicksan wrote in post #16313170 (external link)
The look on the couple's faces says it all. The officiant could have handled it much better. While you can blame the photographer/videograp​her all you want, IMHO, this is all on the officiant. What a pompous prick.

Agreed. Photog was at fault for standing too close and spraying like that but the officiant should have handled this way more professionally instead of creating that much tension and making the couple so uncomfortable.

http://www.twilightand​tulle.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
3,214 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2013

Sep 21, 2013 15:58 |  #12

Appears this story is getting around. https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1330936

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

mclaren777
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined May 2012

Sep 29, 2013 22:51 |  #13

I'm disappointed in the photographer for not leaving after the initial request.

A simple comparison of sensor technology: Nikon vs. Canon (external link)
A technical comparison of sensor technology: Exposure Latitude (external link)

georgebowman
Goldmember
1,510 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 29, 2013 23:38 |  #14

I shot weddings for 30 years and NEVER had a problem with an priest, minister or JOP. Any photographer with any common sense would get the ground rules before the ceremony. Neither the photographer or officiant handled this well. Let's face it, this was the Bride and Groom's special day. A true professional is going to make sure he/she is NOT the center of attention. What idiots!

My Gear: 7d, XTi, 17-55f2.8 EF-S, 70-200f4L, 28-135 Kit lens, 2-580EXii

thedcmule2
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 30, 2013 01:12 |  #15

Read the comments guys, the photographers in question says they spoke to the minister beforehand. If the bridge and groom were okay with it (for the sake of having good photos at the end of it) the minister was way out of line to tell other paid professionals what to do without consulting with the b&g. I do agree however that the photogs shouldve stepped back and zoomed in more to give "space" during the session, I dont know how they thought being that close while BURSTING was appropriate...

In my opinion both were in the wrong, photogs for being that close, and minister for not handling it politely by waiting until after the ceremony was complete...the bride and groom have to remember his nasty behavior forever now.

sponsored links

2,344 views & 0 likes for this thread
...Minister moves videographer and photographer on.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.