Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 20 Sep 2013 (Friday) 13:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

$100K reward for UFO photo

iowajim
518 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 21, 2013 09:17 |  #16

I remember seeing something off in the distance. I turned to look at it more closely, but the thing darted to the right, insisting on staying out of my direct line of sight. I turned to the left, and it followed, but stayed on the periphery, refusing to allow itself to be seen fully. The memories of this haunt me to this day. How did it know to do this?

I stopped and nonchalantly cleaned my glasses, hoping to make the intelligent being think that I wasn't looking at it, but then it disappeared, never to be seen again.

Jim, in Iowa
80D / T2i / Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 / Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 / Canon 24-105 f4 / Tamron SP VC 70-200mm f2.8 / Sigma 150-600mm C

sponsored links
sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2013 09:58 |  #17

breal101 wrote in post #16313727 (external link)
Sandpiper, thank you for your contribution to this thread. I don't disagree with anything you said. Interesting that you mentioned Black Triangles. I actually had one fly right over my car back in 1997. I have no idea who was flying it or where it came from. All I know was that is was huge, the size of a football field at least. I had to stick my head out the window to see the entire thing. It was slow,low and also perfectly silent, it was hidden for a few moments until it cleared the trees and broke into the open. I had been watching it for a few minutes and thought it was a police helicopter, all I could see was a single light at the angle I was viewing it. Once it cleared the trees I could see nine lights, five that formed a perfect triangle and four that formed a square centered on the trailing edge. It was just at twilight so I could make out the shape of the triangle but the square was a bit indistinct, possibly because the lights were closer together.

It could have been a secret project of some kind, just a little odd that it was flying so close to a well travelled highway with lights blazing. The lights were a little odd too, as low as it was they didn't light up the tops of the trees or the road.

The triangles that were frequently reported around here came in two sizes, the most common one was around 9-10 feet long and the other around 50 feet. They weren't always black, metallic silver ones were reported but as most were seen at night they could possibly have been silver as well, although black ones were reported in daylight too. It was the little ones that tended to get spotted over Southport itself, the larger ones usually being seen over the water along the coast, typically in or around Morecambe Bay and once coming in over the River Mersey (presumably the estuary end). They were usually accompanied by a conventional fighter or helicopter, presumably making observations.

The common belief is that these were both flying from Warton, there is even a picture shot from a passing aircraft (Warton isn't a no fly zone the way area 51 is) which captured a black triangle on the ground, although it might possibly be an F-117 and the light just makes it look more of a triangle. Warton is the base for all UK development of military aviation technology and BAe. They are currently working on the Taranis UCAV, a conventionally sized unmanned fighter, of flying wing design (very similar to the Boeing Phantom Ray, the MiG Skat and several other equivalent unmanned fighters). They say Taranis is based on many years of research and development, but whether some of that includes the flying triangles is unknown.

It is odd that they were / are so tight-lipped about the triangles, yet they were sometimes very obvious when flying (hovering low over houses in Southport once, which caused some interesting speculation in the local press).

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 21, 2013 10:13 |  #18

aliens walk amongst us. many of them even post on POTN.

regarding that photo, do they want inside shots of the UFO? or just more of those boring external shots?

1Tanker
Goldmember
4,470 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 21, 2013 11:06 |  #19

breal101 wrote in post #16313485 (external link)
There is overwhelming evidence that material craft displaying intelligent control and technology far beyond anything yet developed on earth have been detected in our atmosphere. The questions remain as to who is in control, where they came from and why they are here. If you don't look for the evidence you won't find it. One place to start would be the JAL Alaska sighting where onboard radar, civilian radar and military radar all picked up the object seen by the aircrew. They described it as being the size of 4 aircraft carriers, hardly a weather balloon. The radar tapes and ground to air voice tapes still exist. This is just one of hundreds of sightings by both civilian and military pilots. Many of those with simultaneous radar confirmation.

So, like I said, we are not alone and that's a fact.

Photoshoppers can have at it, these guys have the best visual effects people in Hollywood ready to examine any submissions down to pixel level.

You're so right! And in the late 70's, i remember playing Beatles and Led Zeppelin albums backwards, and found out that Paul was dead. :rolleyes:

Kel
Gear

breal101
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2013 11:18 |  #20

sandpiper wrote in post #16313836 (external link)
The triangles that were frequently reported around here came in two sizes, the most common one was around 9-10 feet long and the other around 50 feet. They weren't always black, metallic silver ones were reported but as most were seen at night they could possibly have been silver as well, although black ones were reported in daylight too. It was the little ones that tended to get spotted over Southport itself, the larger ones usually being seen over the water along the coast, typically in or around Morecambe Bay and once coming in over the River Mersey (presumably the estuary end). They were usually accompanied by a conventional fighter or helicopter, presumably making observations.

The common belief is that these were both flying from Warton, there is even a picture shot from a passing aircraft (Warton isn't a no fly zone the way area 51 is) which captured a black triangle on the ground, although it might possibly be an F-117 and the light just makes it look more of a triangle. Warton is the base for all UK development of military aviation technology and BAe. They are currently working on the Taranis UCAV, a conventionally sized unmanned fighter, of flying wing design (very similar to the Boeing Phantom Ray, the MiG Skat and several other equivalent unmanned fighters). They say Taranis is based on many years of research and development, but whether some of that includes the flying triangles is unknown.

It is odd that they were / are so tight-lipped about the triangles, yet they were sometimes very obvious when flying (hovering low over houses in Southport once, which caused some interesting speculation in the local press).

The smaller triangle may have some resemblance to the one seen in the Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest case, with the exception of coloring. The Bentwaters UFO was said to be multi colored in flight. A case with a high degree of strangeness.

Another rumored triangular craft was the T3B, supposedly a version of the hypersonic Aurora spy plane.

@rick reno: I think they will take anything you can get. Make sure you get close ups of any markings or insignia, they seem especially interested in those. Be sure to shoot in raw and keep it on the card. :lol:

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2013 12:08 |  #21

breal101 wrote in post #16313981 (external link)
The smaller triangle may have some resemblance to the one seen in the Bentwaters/ Rendlesham Forest case, with the exception of coloring. The Bentwaters UFO was said to be multi colored in flight. A case with a high degree of strangeness.

Another rumored triangular craft was the T3B, supposedly a version of the hypersonic Aurora spy plane.

@rick reno: I think they will take anything you can get. Make sure you get close ups of any markings or insignia, they seem especially interested in those. Be sure to shoot in raw and keep it on the card. :lol:

The Rendlesham Forest incident was more about lights in the sky and depressions on the ground, marks on trees etc., I don't recall the shape of the "UFO" ever being given, it was just described as flashing lights apart from the guy who later claimed to have spent 45 minutes examining the craft up close (which contradicts his original statement, and that of those who were with him at the time). It is a case I have no real feelings on, there are plenty of explanations for the individual phenomena although it is to be wondered why the personnel reacted as they did to some extent. It has been hyped up a lot by UFO followers who tend to mention things that fit their version but ignore facts that point against it.

I don't know anything about the T3b, but Aurora (if it exists) is supposed to use Machrihanish air base in Scotland and has quite a list of tales being told about it, including knocking down a Chinook full of UK intelligence experts with it's jet wash (although the other explanations of pilot error or software failure are probably where the real reason for the crash lies).

Motor ­ On
941 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 21, 2013 12:18 |  #22

Wouldn't a verifiable UFO, make it an IFO not a UFO and then they don't need to pay out?

Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link)

breal101
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2013 12:27 |  #23

sandpiper wrote in post #16314084 (external link)
The Rendlesham Forest incident was more about lights in the sky and depressions on the ground, marks on trees etc., I don't recall the shape of the "UFO" ever being given, it was just described as flashing lights apart from the guy who later claimed to have spent 45 minutes examining the craft up close (which contradicts his original statement, and that of those who were with him at the time). It is a case I have no real feelings on, there are plenty of explanations for the individual phenomena although it is to be wondered why the personnel reacted as they did to some extent. It has been hyped up a lot by UFO followers who tend to mention things that fit their version but ignore facts that point against it.

I don't know anything about the T3b, but Aurora (if it exists) is supposed to use Machrihanish air base in Scotland and has quite a list of tales being told about it, including knocking down a Chinook full of UK intelligence experts with it's jet wash (although the other explanations of pilot error or software failure are probably where the real reason for the crash lies).

Misinformation plays a part in this whole UFO thing so it's difficult to separate truth from fiction. One thing I do know is that I had a golf buddy in the mid '90s. He was retired by then but was stationed at Bentwaters/Woodbridge in the early '80s, after the incident. He was the highest ranking enlisted man in the Air Police. This guy was the most happy go lucky guy you could ever meet. One day I asked if he knew anything about the UFO incident. He glared at me and quickly changed the subject. It was completely out of character for him, needless to say I never asked again. I don't know what to make of this but he certainly didn't want to talk about it.

TTUShooter
378 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Sep 21, 2013 13:25 |  #24

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i433.photobucke​t.com …ter/photo_zps9e​956fda.jpg (external link)

Cameras: EOS 7d mark II, Fuji X100F, Leica M8, Leica M2-R,
Lenses: A Whole mess of them.
My flickr (external link)

J ­ Michael
970 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2010

Sep 21, 2013 14:14 |  #25

TheStephensville TX incident (external link) was interesting.

Acetoolguy
397 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 21, 2013 15:22 |  #26

Why do UFO's always seem to have their lights on if they want to sneak around? And if they are not sneaking, why not just land and say hi?

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

breal101
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 21, 2013 15:27 |  #27

J Michael wrote in post #16314341 (external link)
TheStephensville TX incident (external link) was interesting.

Thanks for posting this. It's a unique depiction of a sighting or sightings actually. Very cool.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 21, 2013 15:34 |  #28

Looks like Ken Rockwell has some "inside" info on this alien thing.

http://www.kenrockwell​.com/analprobe/dissent​.htm (external link)

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Sep 21, 2013 15:39 |  #29

I think it is totally impossible that we are the only planet with sentient life capable of technology, mathematics, art, living there.

The best aspect of UFO phenomena (and science fiction which I love) is to make us think beyond the box. "What if" atttude makes new innovations and broadens your mind, "deny it categorically" does not. Also, pondering social implications or meeting another civilization is interesting, our response so far seems to be unfortunately "shoot first". There are interesting theories that the meeting has already happened and that we have been "helped", it seems plausible if you see how much technology people have invented in 100 years compared to thousands of years of spears and horned helmets. From morse code to optical cables in no time, while our brain has not evolved at all. How?

One of the most interesting cases: http://en.wikipedia.or​g …ines_flight_162​8_incident (external link)

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

flashpoint99
411 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Sep 21, 2013 15:42 |  #30

rick_reno wrote in post #16313870 (external link)
aliens walk amongst us. many of them even post on POTN.

Aliens are very easy to spot...they shoot with a Nikon!

sponsored links

28,684 views & 0 likes for this thread
$100K reward for UFO photo
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.