Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 22 Sep 2013 (Sunday) 12:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom tutorials

tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 22, 2013 12:20 |  #1

Can anyone recommend good written or video tutorials on Lightroom %, or are those on Abode all I need? I found a bunch by Julieanne Kost at Adobe.

I don't plan to edit in LR, but to organize.

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

sponsored links
drvnbysound
Goldmember
3,316 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 22, 2013 12:26 |  #2

http://lightroomkiller​tips.com/ (external link)

I use manual exposure settings on the copy machine
..::Gear Listing::.. --==Feedback==--
...A few umbrella brackets I own...

Merlin_AZ
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 23, 2013 13:04 |  #3

Serge Ramelli's youtube videos are nice also.

tvphotog
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 23, 2013 17:37 |  #4

Thanks all.

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,438 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Sep 23, 2013 20:08 |  #5

Lynda.com has a couple of on-line courses that will lead you through the interface pretty well. If you've never done the free trial before then you could probably run through most of their material in a weekend.

The Julieanne Kost one's are really good, except for her one video on soft proofing and printing which I feel gives some bad advice. Personally I don't think anyone that's done a decent job setting up a color managed workflow should ever need to use the "Print Adjustment" feature on the bottom right of the Print module. For example, if prints are dark, then lower the monitor brightness, if prints are lack contrast then lower the contrast ratio for the monitor.

Bob
SmugMug (external link) | My Gear Ratings | My POTN Gallery

WesternGuy
774 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 24, 2013 20:12 |  #6

You might want to take a look at those by Phil Steele - http://http …LeDl82u5bkCFUkS​7AodU3IAXg (external link)

I subscribed to them and found them quite useful for LR 5. The nice thing is that once you are subscribed, you can go back at any time and review any aspect of LR 5 that he covers.

WesternGuy

TTuna ­ Eye
202 posts
Joined May 2011

Sep 28, 2013 06:14 |  #7

Slrlounge.com has a lot of tutorials and is a great resource for all types of photography related info. I like fstoppers too.

6D, 60D, 100L, 24-105L, Sig 150-500, nifty 50, EF-S 60mm, Tam SP70-200 f/2.8 Di VC, Underwater gear T2i in a Watershot housing with Inon S2000 strobes.

tim
Light Bringer
50,973 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 28, 2013 15:55 |  #8

Lightroom Queen - the missing FAQ (external link). I bought her book, I didn't like Lightroom so I'd happily sell it to one person and delete all the copies I own. Anyone interested PM me an offer. I presume LR hasn't changed that much.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 29, 2013 01:31 |  #9

If you only want to organize your photos but not edit/process your Raw files, then, gosh, as was mentioned there are a lot of sites where the tutorials will start with the organizational things...

I'd suggest starting with the Lightroom Help: it's well organized and will walk you through the "basics", and then as you encounter things you may have a question about, search for answers (or check in here).

By the way, LR Help has a couple nice features. For one, if you are online it "connects to the community where there are questions, answers, and active discussions.

Second, it is available as a downloadable pdf file so you can read it even if Lightroom is not open!

Work your way through Help and catch some of your online resources, and you will know more than you want about the LR organizational tools, and it's all good!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Windsun33
138 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 29, 2013 03:41 |  #10

There are tons of tutorial videos on YouTube, the Adobe site, and other places. Just search for Lightroom tutorials.

Canon EOS 6D EOS 70D | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Speedlite 600EX-RT

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,467 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 29, 2013 03:43 |  #11

I found a bunch by Julieanne Kost at Adobe.

Julieanne is good, but I prefer Laura Shoe. Google her.
If you are willing to drop a couple bucks, I don't think you can do better than George Jardine, especially on the organizational stuff.

Elie / אלי

sponsored links

1,793 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom tutorials
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.