Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 23 Sep 2013 (Monday) 16:40
Search threadPrev/next

How to message models...

Octowl
Goldmember
1,810 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 23, 2013 16:40 |  #1

I am on Model Mayhem and have been for several years, and recently got back into photography after I got that spark again once I got my new vehicle. I am wanting some beautiful women to pose in front of my car or in my car and will be looking for models shortly.

I was wondering what do y'all say in a message to get them to respond if they are interested? Im not looking to chit chat before asking them I would preferably just leave them a long email explaining everything and if they "bite" it will be a for sure thing unless they "flake".

Do y'all have a "draft" or specific message that works for y'all? Any suggestions are welcome, anything helps! I am also willing to pay no more than $50 a shoot with a gorgeous lady, but would prefer to do it for "Trade For CD".

My name is Daniel and I'm a Graphic Designer, but my passion is Photography
Canon EOS 60D | 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 580EX II | D-Lite-4 IT | Glidecam HD2000
Full Gear List | flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

tfiorda
115 posts
Joined May 2005

Sep 23, 2013 17:18 |  #2

I would just let them know exactly that. Put in a model call and explain what you are looking for, what the model will get out of it, when and where and let it go. You will probably get a few to choose from.

I'm assuming your portfolio will show images in a style they might receive.

Tony...

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 23, 2013 19:15 as a reply to  @ tfiorda's post |  #3

Yup do a casting call and put the info in there. Those that are actively looking for work will see the casting call and contact you if interested.

Octowl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,810 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 23, 2013 19:44 |  #4

Thanks y'all what is normally a good price to tempt models? $50 an hour? Also would it be best to renew my membership on MM? Mine expired and now I have 0 pictures on my profile for some reason :/

My name is Daniel and I'm a Graphic Designer, but my passion is Photography
Canon EOS 60D | 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 580EX II | D-Lite-4 IT | Glidecam HD2000
Full Gear List | flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 23, 2013 19:54 |  #5

if you have nothing to show why would they contact you? But I believe the free account (if it still is there) allows you some photos?

$50/hr for clothed is fine, might get some swimsuits/lingerie models too, nudes might be harder, but always worth gambling :-)

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

sspellman
Goldmember
1,731 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 24, 2013 10:38 |  #6

The message should include type of shoot, clothing, location, compensation, and potential dates. $50 for 2 hours will not interest a high quality model. A MM profile with no pictures is a red flag for a scam and you are unlikely to get any response at all.

ScottSpellmanMedia.com [photography]

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 24, 2013 11:23 |  #7

sspellman wrote in post #16321298 (external link)
The message should include type of shoot, clothing, location, compensation, and potential dates. $50 for 2 hours will not interest a high quality model. A MM profile with no pictures is a red flag for a scam and you are unlikely to get any response at all.

I think he'll get a bunch of responses, but they'll all be flakes, no-shows, or scams. Might get lucky, though - the scent of cash might attract an inexperienced model.

Your best bet would be to have a full portfolio on MM, even if it's not quite the type of thing you want to shoot for this project. Get some photos of your cars, and some portraits of some friends who will pose for you. [I'm not sure if they'll let you put car photos in your portfolio]

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

Photos ­ By ­ Alex ­ Diaz
48 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Nov 20, 2013 15:05 |  #8

I always attach my website or portfolio and encourage the models to take a look. That way they they I am serious and I am not just a scam.

Alex Diaz
www.photosbyalexdiaz.c​om (external link)
5d Mark II, 50 f/1.4, 135 f/2, 24-70 f/2.8, 16-35 f/2.8, 430 exII, 580ex

julesoille
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Feb 2014

Feb 02, 2014 19:46 as a reply to  @ Photos By Alex Diaz's post |  #9

I have never have had to pay for models for boudoir... in fact they pay me!

Here is what I do:
1. Go to Model Mayhem
2. Seek out NEW models (long standing models are hard to reach)
3. make your pitch
4. Most models will want you to pay for the studio setting or GET a studio setting... so get a studio setting
5. Be professional and they will give you a peer review and that will make it easier to get your next gig.

Good Luck

Jules Marketing & Design Inc.
Toronto Product Photography (external link)

3,207 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to message models...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.